• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is it still true for Focus that 40 is same as 59.9?

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thought I read that increase is only at intervals of 20.

TY for those that have read and maybe respond too!
me

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mana regen works in multiples of 20 while stamina regen works in multiples of 10.

Example: 20 skill = MR 1, SR 2 OR 59.9 skill = MR 2, SR 5

I could be remembering incorrectly. But I know one is based on 10 and the other 20.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thought I read that increase is only at intervals of 20.
That's not correct.
Mana/sec = Focus / 200
UO works with floating point numbers not integers. So yes, there can be comma values and they affect the regen rate.
I.e.
0 Meditation, 10 INT, 0 Mana Regeneration, 40 Focus = 0.4250 mana per second
0 Meditation, 10 INT, 0 Mana Regeneration, 59.9 Focus = 0.5245 mana per second

Mana Regeneration - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

UOGuide says every 10 points Focus gives +1 Stam Regen and every 20 points Focus gives +1 Mana Regen
Focus - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia
Please don't misquote. The link does NOT say you get +1MR for each 20 points of focus. This is just wrong.

Last edited:

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hahaha..:D.. I wasn't trying to be exact. Sorry to offend any perfectionists or mathematicians:rolleyes:.
I was just reducing it to simple terms in a vague sense to illustrate point based gains per individual skill.

Mana regen works in multiples of 20 while stamina regen works in multiples of 10.

I was following Max's lead. :)
A fast click and 20 seconds of reading would clearly show I wasn't trying to be 100% accurate. :)

Last edited:

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, Mana Regeneration is something completely different than Mana per Second. That has nothing to do with being a perfectionist or mathematician.