• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Is it possible.....

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
to reforge a 40 ssi clean halberd?
Using copper runic and powerful, animated of haste....I can seem to get a clean one....thoughts?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Based on everything we know about reforging, I would say that it must be possible, and is likely the same probability as getting 100% HML or HLL on a 3.0S weapon, which my best guess is something like 1 in 20. Then again, it may be that not all properties within a given family are given equal weight.

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
to reforge a 40 ssi clean halberd?
Using copper runic and powerful, animated of haste....I can seem to get a clean one....thoughts?
Could be just RNG ? Remember that when the probability of an occurrence is (let's say 1 in 20) 5%, that only means 1 out of 20, as your #of attempts approaches infinity. I was trying to make a specific type of slayer on a katana for Loren (my crafter is Armani), and the best way to do so was ..dull copper reforging, on a BSmithed weapon. (going for 2 mods, then fort, imbue, and so on). I blew up 2 full runics, nothing. Then the next runic, I got 4 weapons.

The hardest part was eeking out the last mod I wanted, being 90% or 100% dmg type to the target's lowest resist. I'm a lazy pally who hates to consecrate :) If I am ever on Armani again, I am always up for running some tests, you provide the mats, and I will click and write for hours. Garg, GM or Legendary everything available, and access to Queens Forge. I love gathering data and trying to optimize processes. Like the katanas I wanted, I went with theoretically cheapest path, vs easier way (but mostly due to lack of availability of imbuing mats for the slayers I wanted)

Sorry, got to rambling about crafting :) TW, please pardon my asking, but are you sure you didn't have some things checked by accident in your gump? I know I did sometimes when changing what I was reforging. I understand what you were going for there. Should be possible, unless 40 is not the 'normal' max ssi. You might try using the dull copper if you are only trying to get the one property on it reforged? I have one if you want it. There was an imbuing thread around here somewhere speaking of the best way to get 1 or 2 mods (and only those mods) clean, at max level. I am almost certain, the method prescribed was using hammers below copper, and hoping for max rolls. Good luck sire. When I finally got the kats I wanted I was ecstatic. Then I let my house IDOC, didnt bank....oopsies.

Loren

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I burned through 60+ attempts ( 240+ uses) I got four 40 ssi halberd but none clean. Switched to dull copper did about 45 attempts( 180 uses) best was a couple 35 SSI clean ones( I will have to look 35 might be max for DC)

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I burned through 60+ attempts ( 240+ uses) I got four 40 ssi halberd but none clean. Switched to dull copper did about 45 attempts( 180 uses) best was a couple 35 SSI clean ones( I will have to look 35 might be max for DC)
Damn. This is interesting. Now its a challenge. If you want, PM me on it. I like playing w numbers. Perhaps there is a different route to the final product? I'll check my hammers too, I have a couple I left in my bag. I forgot all the minutiae of it, like Talisman effect, but I remember +ASH doesn't help. Time to go reading

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ok I found my stuff. Looking for rune to queens forge. Going to try and make it just for fun. You want 40 SSI, clean and no other mods? Or is 40 SSI, clean + other stuff cool?

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
To exceed cap, I think it does take Copper+ Since what you want is 133% of SSI Cap. I just made one. But was playing about with crap ones I bought off NPC vendor. As proof of concept, it is : HSL 30% SSI 40%. I stoned off Arms Lore, but I guess I will put it back on since you likely want DI. I keep it off to save imbuing weight, depending on what I am rolling, I usually hit DI cap anyway. Or I think I do. Idk. So are you trying to get ONLY SSI 40 ? Or....

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
To exceed cap, I think it does take Copper+ Since what you want is 133% of SSI Cap. I just made one. But was playing about with crap ones I bought off NPC vendor. As proof of concept, it is : HSL 30% SSI 40%. I stoned off Arms Lore, but I guess I will put it back on since you likely want DI. I keep it off to save imbuing weight, depending on what I am rolling, I usually hit DI cap anyway. Or I think I do. Idk. So are you trying to get ONLY SSI 40 ? Or....
At any rate just to make sure you are clicking the right buttons, you want to use Powerful, Grand, Inspired only, and select Animated/Haste. I'll burn the rest of the DC hammer just for ****s and giggles, do you want it to have 35 or 40 DI (Arms Lore or not Arms Lore) ?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
40 ssi and 40 di is fine
nothing else preferably

it is the stam inc I got to get rid of for the other mods

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
40 ssi and 40 di is fine
nothing else preferably

it is the stam inc I got to get rid of for the other mods
By itself will be tough, even by itself with DI. Do you know what other mods you will want? if it comes out with one of them ... Ill burn up another DC when I run some bods. hmm yeah Copper could do it if I get lucky and it put the extra juice into DI.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dull copper cant do it...I dont think...after 600 uses of copper I finally got 2 halberd that were 40 ssi and 40 DI ( which is what I mean when I say clean) thanks for trying Loren....dont bother doing bods...I had 50 DC runic hammers laying around

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also got 6 with 40 ssi, 40 DI, and Either SR or Intel or Stam...so those arent horrible just not quite as good...

In the end I crafted 2 Halberd to try out for pvp

40 ssi
44 HLD
50 Hit Cold Area
50 Hit Lightening
50 DI

second one is identical but swapped hit cold area for hit poison area

with the ssi/stam on my suit they swing at 1.25 sec the concussive blow special drains mana and stam from opponent as well as hitting for around 50 HP max

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Not sure if this helps but I've made soul glaive's with 40 swing with a copper hammer. The only problem is that half the time they had the extra mod when I tried it on test center. When I tried it on my home shard the first 5 had an extra mod and the 6th one was clean. This could happen in reverse tho, it's just a roll of the dice.