• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is it possible to alter magic loot for Gargoyles ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I keep reading conflicting informations as to what can be altered to Gargoyle and what cannot be.

I am referring to Artifact loot pieces like those Legendary, Greater, Major, Lesser Artifact pieces which are found as loot.

Can they be altered into Gargoyle stuff ?

Some can and some other cannot ?

I did read Altering – Ultima Online where at some point it says "Only leather/leaf armor arm, tunic and leg items can be altered, " but I have then tried to alter some Leather Legendary Artifact pieces (not gloves, stuff like gorgets, chests, legs, sleeves, etc.) but I always got the message that I could not alter them....

So what gives ? Anyone knows how it works ?

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just altered a Lesser Artifact leather tunic from human to gargoyle. Are you using GM, or better, tailor with a normal sewing kit and standing near a soul forge?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just altered a Lesser Artifact leather tunic from human to gargoyle. Are you using GM, or better, tailor with a normal sewing kit and standing near a soul forge?

It looks like it may depend on the age of the one item to alter....

I tried on some newer items found as drop and they got altered.... but older ones do not....