• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is it possible for a sampire or wraith to solo shimmering effusion?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've heard people say they have done it, but I haven't done or tried it personally.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen a Japanese player solo it on Youtube, but it looks like their videos have all been deleted.

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Probably a case of them multi clienting using a discorder and claiming they soloed it or some other crap ;)

Anyways, soloing is overrated, might as well just plug in your Nintendo if you're going to play alone. Go find a friend or 2. Makes it so much better and adds one of the M's in MMORPG.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It could probably be done I know there are claims of it. I would guess a healer sampire might work best as this would be a time intensive operation in every way.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I get back home on Monday, maybe I'll give it a go. Been a while since I've gotten keys.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Though, sitting here thinking about it, I wonder if the best would be a sampire that uses the double axe (AI / whirlwind specials).

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah, that one! lol..... sorry, working on a database that had my mind in a jello state.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Shimmering Effusion - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia
The Effusion can be killed solo.
Tactics
Always kill the summoned creatures first. Especially the Corporeal Brumes take a while to kill and have high physical resists. If you fail to kill the summoned creatures quickly the spawn can get out of hand. Barding skills help a lot. If too many creatures have spawned leave the main room through the red moon gate. Lure the spawn away from the teleporter tile and go back killing the spawn one by one. Beyond the red moon gate there is also an ankh. Be careful with the second moon gate: It leads out of the peerless area and there is no way back.
I have never been there but I would tried an AI weapon. Use AI vs the boss. When it summons something use CW + MS (to don't lose perfection on the boss).

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem I see with MS, while I like it a lot, is the number of extra mobs. I think you would need WW in order to survive that.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would say is that it depends on the number that come out. MS does an immense amount of damage but if there are more then 2 things out there WW is your friend in a big bad way.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've seen a Japanese player solo it on Youtube, but it looks like their videos have all been deleted.
Yep, saw it. He was a Whammy using Curse Weapon. He was using either a Bokuto or a Leafblade to keep Feint up constantly. The Leafblade also has AI as a special.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've done it, once. And by that I don't mean I did it without dying, because there was plenty of that going on.

I believe I used vampiric embrace + curse weapon, but I don't remember for sure. I used fencing and a leafblade with like, 40 fire 60 cold or something, I know that. I think I soulstoned that on after getting the keys with swordsmanship. Plenty of dying involved there too.

If you've got a bit more natural skill and get timing right and everything you should be able to do it with much less effort than I had to put into it. I got a Crystalline Ring out of it though, the only one I've ever actually seen drop out of numerous runs with a guild.

I think this was just after the chivalry changes and I was still trying to get used to everything, and my suit isn't the greatest, but I got it done on my second attempt ever (eventually) so it's definitely doable.