• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is it just me, or...

J

Jlapps

Is Lake Superior empty? I played back during AoS / Tokuno, and I remember going by Britain and seeing swarms of people there at the bank. Like, you couldn't even see the ground, there were so many people and gates and items sitting around, not to mention the pets. Now it seems that there's nobody anywhere. Since I began playing again, I've seen only a handful of people, and maybe 5 total lines of chat. Am I on at the wrong times? Does everyone play at 1 am? Or is the server as totally empty as it seems?

On a side note, if it does turn out that LS is empty and desolate, do they ever merge servers? Or, is there a more populated server to play on where people actually talk and / or do stuff?

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Server definitely isn't empty. There's not as much population as there used to be (on any shard), but there are many people around, just in different areas a lot of times.

No way they'll ever merge servers, I don't think--what would happen to conflicting housing?

J

Jlapps

It just seems like no one's there. No one almost ever speaks, even though they've added some handy chat features and things, and New Haven is more populated than the Britain Bank. I guess I'll see what days and times things pick up though.

Yeah, aside from re-deeding everyone on the merged server's houses, which would take a long time and make a lot of people angry, no real way to merge shards. Just nostalgia on my part I guess.

On a shard-unrelated note, SoT's for animal taming are crazy expensive. SoA's are the next best thing, if I can find any :p

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eh, good luck with those. If you can afford those things, then I need a backer. :O

Have you looked around Luna? I'm not really back enough to be a part of the community, but I do know that most of the "loafers" moved from Brit to Luna. Dunno for sure if they're still there, or not.

J

Jlapps

I have noticed there's a decent amount of traffic in Luna, partially because of the vendor houses lol. The transcendence scrolls are way out of my league, but I might be able to get a couple alacrity scrolls if I can find any. A few hundred thousand each verses a couple million each lol, for the good SoT's at least. I looked at doing spring cleaning turn ins myself, and it looks like if you can get ahold of the non-event-specific items you could still turn em in for points - but given the cost and the uncertainty of the scroll you get, doesn't look like a good idea. I'll have to hit the buying and selling thread and see if anyone has any.

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm scared to try the scrolls of alacrity...my taming's low, but it's still slow as dirt--if I spend half a mil on a scroll, and get .3 out of it, I think I might stab myself in the eye with a straw. Not good.

And, tbh, I can't imagine you finding a taming scroll for anything that isn't seven digits. I might be wrong (I don't pay much attention, mind you), but I highly doubt it. You could probably find some tracking and detect hidden scrolls in that range, but taming...hmmm.

J

Jlapps

Hmmm... most of the other alacrity scrolls I find are in the low to mid hundred-thousands region. I'd expect taming to be at the higher end, but not 3 mil or more like the Scrolls of Transcendence are :p But then, I haven't had any luck finding any yet either lol. My taming is fairly low (40 >.<) but on average 1 in 4 or 5 successful tames nets me a gain, so I could potentially see some pretty good use from it.

And there's the rub, as they say :p If I could find one, I could get my money's worth from it probably. Finding it in the first place is the hard part. Now to go rez my probably-dead mage/tamer in progress lol.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one almost ever speaks, even though they've added some handy chat features and things
People tend to avoid the chats because of how they've been spammed to hell by the damn sale website promoters and annoying fel guild speak.

J

Jlapps

Gotcha. Coming from WoW, I understand the grievance against gold sellers lol. I'll keep playing on LS and just see how it all goes! Still in search of my scroll though.