• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is GM Anatomy 120 Eval Defensive Combat BROKEN? I have heard different views.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have heard different views, is this broken or what? Having 120 Eval and GM Anatomy, I have heard that this recent patch broke it but i dont know, is it broken?

V

Vaneca

From what I experienced lately trying it in pvp it is not working properly.
Wrestling works way better for me.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree that wrestling is working much better. I lost 20 med on my main template but the difference between wrestle and eval/anat is so significant I'm sticking with it. Plus with a dex potion you can disarm pretty decently.

Thav12

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so, a template with say
120 magery
120 eval
120 resist
100 scribe
80 poisoning
120 wrestling

leaves 60 med on 720 template

maybe 90 med with 30 on ring/bracelet?

in lieu of 110 med with gm anatomy?

would this work now?

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'll have to play with it and decide whether that's enough MR. 30 med on ring/brace would take up 280/1000 intensity on your jewels though. That would make fitting much FC, FCR, DCI, SDI, and EP in very difficult.

Lavits

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I currently run a similar template with one ofmy mages. The low med really only affects me when the fight is long and drawn out. In which case you have a few options. One in which I find useful is in group fights is once you run low start healing other members of your party guild or what have you. If your MR is sufficient you'll gain your mana back pretty fast.
Another suggestion is to try it out on test and find your comfort level.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lots of people run around without resist. I tend to mana vamp a lot when I'm playing on a cramped template that has minimal med.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lots of people run around without resist. I tend to mana vamp a lot when I'm playing on a cramped template that has minimal med.
Yes.. mana vampire works wonders. If you have a necro with you then you can EO vamp anyone for some mana. Also mana draughts are handy, you can't insure them but they will restore a little mana when consumed. And then a mana phase talismen for an emergency.. one spell for free doesn't sound great but it can be huge sometimes.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never remember to use the following items:

Runed warding sash
mana phasing orb charges
damage removal talismans

I have a mouse with 14 buttons that I got specifically for using consumables. You would think I'd remember to use it eh?

J

Jancecapade

14 buttons?!?!?!? but you only have 5 digits. how are you supposed to be able to hit all of them while controling your movement?

L

L1Z4RD

so, a template with say
120 magery
120 eval
120 resist
100 scribe
80 poisoning
120 wrestling

leaves 60 med on 720 template

in lieu of 110 med with gm anatomy?

would this work now?

Don't you need tactics now for wrestling specials???

Ivor_MacGregor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
no you don't need tactics.

I run the following pvm/pvp template

120 magery
120 ei
120 resist
120 mystic
120 focus
120 wrestling
40 meditation

I created a suit that sacrifices DCI (at 45 instead of 70) for maxed hpr (18). It is capped in all other mage stats with 137 hp (without the use of pots).

I found using wrestling incredible both for pvm and pvp. In pvm, I can use any spell book and not worry about disruption at spawns. I also run 4 faster casting in pvm for stone form. My biggest problem is collecting an entire set of faster casting 1 slayer books. I sometimes swap out resist for spellweaving or to top off 120 meditation. However, I love using resist for obvious reasons. Running only 40 meditation takes some getting used to, even with a high MR suit. You have to be careful which spells you use and when.
For pvp, wrestling is great for pot chugging, disarming mages and warriors alike. Mysticism has become a favorite of mine for almost any pvm situation, and is especially powerful in pvp.

The one thing I am most impressed with is how well 18hpr works. I can't count the number of times I survived pvp encounters and hairy pvm situations because of wrestling and 18hpr.

L

L1Z4RD

no you don't need tactics.

I run the following pvm/pvp template

120 magery
120 ei
120 resist
120 mystic
120 focus
120 wrestling
40 meditation

I created a suit that sacrifices DCI (at 45 instead of 70) for maxed hpr (18). It is capped in all other mage stats with 137 hp (without the use of pots).

I found using wrestling incredible both for pvm and pvp. In pvm, I can use any spell book and not worry about disruption at spawns. I also run 4 faster casting in pvm for stone form. My biggest problem is collecting an entire set of faster casting 1 slayer books. I sometimes swap out resist for spellweaving or to top off 120 meditation. However, I love using resist for obvious reasons. Running only 40 meditation takes some getting used to, even with a high MR suit. You have to be careful which spells you use and when.
For pvp, wrestling is great for pot chugging, disarming mages and warriors alike. Mysticism has become a favorite of mine for almost any pvm situation, and is especially powerful in pvp.

The one thing I am most impressed with is how well 18hpr works. I can't count the number of times I survived pvp encounters and hairy pvm situations because of wrestling and 18hpr.
Thanks, I started a new thread on that subject since this one didnt get answered.....

im building a wrestling nox necro mage atm....should be fun for pvp and effective at spawns. Thanks for the build info, makes for a good reference.