• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Provocation] Is gain by using Masteries broken?

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My bard on Siege is 91 Provo and has completed the quest for Provo. However he can't seem to gain by using Inspire. I know I have a Bard on Pac that used the Masteries to gain... Sup with that?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The usual, check your skill total, skill is marked up etc. Also if your musicianship is above 100 you'll may also find you have lower gains.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Logrus,

Should have prefaced my original question with at least mentioning that I've trained over 40 chars since '98, but then - if I'm missing something obvious I'd feel pretty dumb... Yea, Provo is arrow-up and my real skill total is like 650 so there's plenty of room to gain... I remember training probably my 4th Bard right after they introduced the Mastery's.. In fact, it was because of the ability to use the Bard Masteries to train that I even bothered making my Bard/Tamer. So I know you used to be able to train that way. But my new Bard on Siege has tried and tried Inspire and it just won't budge that way. I can gain every time by actually using Provo, but that's it...

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
On SP there is no sense to use Masteries for training. You gain 0.1 every 10-15 minutes depending on your skill level. And chance to gain is very close to 100%. If you use Pinco's UI you can see how much time is left for the next gain. Wait then use a skill one (may be two) times and get 0.1

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I figured you know what you're doing, just thought to mention skill setup as a reminder, I've forgotten myself sometimes. There shouldn't be any reason you cant gain using the mastery abilities. You can try alternating them, (for some weird reason that seems to work best for me)

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
  • Rate Over Timeskill gain
    • Skill points for skills less than 70 points will gain as normal shards.
    • Skill points for skills between 70 and 79.9 points will have a delay of 5 minutes between points gained.
    • Skill points for skills between 80 and 89.9 will have a delay of 8 minutes between points gained.
    • Skill points for skills between 90 and 99.9 will have a delay of 12 minutes between points gained.
    • Skill points for skills between 100 and 109.9 will have a delay of 15 minutes between points gained.
    • Skill points for skills between 110 and 120 will have a delay of 15 minutes between points gained.

Sahjahn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
On SP there is no sense to use Masteries for training. You gain 0.1 every 10-15 minutes depending on your skill level. And chance to gain is very close to 100%. If you use Pinco's UI you can see how much time is left for the next gain. Wait then use a skill one (may be two) times and get 0.1

I'm curious as to where exactly this is in Pinco's UI.

Trydon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone help me understand what is going on. i have read all of Poo's recommendations for training Provo. I created a character, 50 Provo. followed the guide until 100. i then started casting Inspire. which got me to about 110 in a day. however after 48 hours i cannot get past 116.4 in the last 10 hours i have not gained a single point. I'm using vendor bought Instruments. my total skill points is 250. Am i missing something here? because i want to get to 120 before i move onto my next bard skill!
Regards
B

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
TY for the response. Mine does not show like that. Maybe there's a setting to switch it on and off?

Try enabling the skill tracker and see what happens.