• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is Eval needed when it comes to Paralize Taming?

• Thread starter Marcus Blackwell
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

Marcus Blackwell

Welp thinking about putting spellweaving on my tamer but the one thing thats holding me back is that I was wondering is Eval required when Paralize taming animals especially when it comes to Cu Sidhe? Im not much of a lead tamer due to bad connection at times so the only way I could tame animals like Cu Sidhe at moment would be Para Taming..

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes its a determinig factor as to how long the Para lasts and the targets risistance.

If you are taming Cus for use then para taming isnt a good idea as it lowers skills.

if oyu find one you want to keep get another pet and beat it down if you have to.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are taming Cus for use then para taming isnt a good idea as it lowers skills.
Incorrect. If the skill is a skill that can ONLY reach GM levels (such as Cu's skills), para taming affects nothing, as the pet can still be trained to GM level. The only time para taming has a negative effect is if the skill can be trained above GM, in which case the para taming can cause higher skill loss than not using para taming.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't para tame cus that I want to keep, but I do para tame when I'm planning to kill the dog afterwards. I keep eval on a soulstone and when I go for a cu taming session I swap it out for another skill that I won't be using.

Wenchy

R

Robinton

Incorrect. If the skill is a skill that can ONLY reach GM levels (such as Cu's skills), para taming affects nothing, as the pet can still be trained to GM level. The only time para taming has a negative effect is if the skill can be trained above GM, in which case the para taming can cause higher skill loss than not using para taming.
Unless it has changed, parataming has a 14% penalty as opposed to a 10% penalty any other way. I would rather not loose the other 4%.
Just my 2 coppers.