• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Is Casting Focus Only Used With Wrestling?

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
like I stated in the post, if you have casting focus, can it only be used when you have the wrestling skill? or can it be used when you have defensive wrestling( 120 ei and 100 anatomy)? or how bout if you use a mage wep skill. the way I understood it gives you a percentage chance not to fizzle a spell but I am not sure under what conditions

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its to help stop the fizzles for mage spells. Its capped at 12% from items and if you have scribe you get an extra 5% bonus so 17%

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thx DJ but I knew that. what id like to know is if that applies to defensive wrestling and/or a mage wep as I assume it does with the wrestling skill

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the way I understood it gives you a percentage chance not to fizzle a spell but I am not sure under what conditions
What conditions? Well....
Ask yourself what conditions CAUSE a spell to fizzle? If you came up with taking damage or being interrupted (cursed/weaken etc )then you are correct. Casting focus is simply a percentage chance to NOT fizzle (aka have your spell interupted) Casting Focus functions regardless of what skills you have. Though honestly having a skill that allows you to CAST is kinda the whole point. Does having a mage weapon matter? Only in that it makes you get hit less often by physical attacks so it's obviously better to not be hit.....