• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Is Bushido actually useful for an archer?

• Thread starter Johnny Powerhead
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
J

Johnny Powerhead

I'm back to the game after like 4 years off, so total noob...

I am training an ABC Archer and I find the Lightning Strike seemingly useful, but really none of the other Samurai stuff seems to apply to an archer. Almost everything requires parrying which bows can't do. And I can't do the honor/perfection thing as it is not really applicable to ranged weapons. So that leaves Lightning Strike and sometimes Confidence. Though Confidence is really more useful when weapon parrying - the initial HP burst is usually fouled by attack spells.

So is Lightning Strike really that usefull to spend 100 skill points on it?

Also, how exactly does Lightning Strike work? I activate it, and the icon is red, but it doesn't do anything until an arrow actually hits, THEN it takes the 5 mana. As I understood it, it increases the chance to hit. How can it only increase the hit chance at times when you have already hit?

One more thing - I have around 65 magery now because it seems important to be able to mark runes with the Mark spell. How uncool is it that Chivalry doesn't have something comparable? Marking runes is very important.

Any other tidbits of advice for an archer in training would be greatly appreciated.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are alot of Bushido archers running around. I have a couple scattered across the shards. The honor and perfection works on a archer the same way it does with any of the other melee skills. In addition, if you use a yumi bow you will need bushido in order to use the specials.

Some people only take bushido to 90 on their archer so that they can do both specials and also ride and control a lesser hiryu. There had been some reports that when they fixed the lesser hiryus so that you either had to have taming or bushido to control one it made them iffy at 90 bushido. Maybe someone can correct me on that. I would take it to at least GM if you can spare the points.

Probably the main things you will use is lighting strike (increase hit chance), confidence (addition method to heal) and honoring monsters. Might try making a char on the test shard and play around with a couple templates before you go thru all the trouble making on on your shard. I normally don't have magery on any of my melee chars, but I do have a mage to run around making runebooks to all the spots that I would normally go to, and usually there is a pretty good rune library on most of the shards.

As far as training goes, I like to start out with 50 archery, and go to either graveyards or the desert area above zento and kill skeletons and the little orcs until just over 60. Then I go kill the gamans, they give pretty good archery and tactic gains to the mid 70 to 80+ range. After that you can farm arrows off cenatuars in Ish, not much for gains but 70-80 arrows per kill. Once your at the 70 range you can do the golems, or go to the painted caves and kill trogs. They give decent gains and give around 400 gold. Others will suggest going to despise and start at the top and as your skills increase work your way down the leaves. Just personal preference.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I find bushido very useful on my main archer. I use 115 Bushido...if I could get a 120 scroll I would go 120. Other people would have different opinions of course. I as far as my own game play use Momentum Strike quite a bit. Lots of places that I like to farm, train and hang out at...have multiple targets constantly in the vicinity.

While it is easier to do momentum strike on a melee character perhaps...rule of thumb is the same. Just if they are in the square right beside you, you are good to go.

Probably a rarity though considering I don't see that many archers do anything more than solo.

OH, on a side note...I use perfection. With perfection I can fight paragon baldors and other creatures of similar difficulty.

So...with the use of perfection, I highly recommend high bushido skill. I just use mana and not worry about whats left in the tank and just burn through opponents. It's fun :)