• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Is anyone else having no luck making 100% elemental damage weapons since the last patch?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Just curious. I just burned through at least 10 dull copper hammers, and the best I could get was 70/30. I did some fooling around, and it appears to me that it is no longer possible to make 100% elemental damage weapons using powerful reforging. When I didn't use powerful reforging I got a 60/40 split, which appears to me to indicate that if you want to create a 100% elemental damage weapon you have to go beyond powerful reforging now.

Is anyone else experiencing this now?

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I swear read somewhere you cant get 100% from anything lower than a shadow, thats why iv always used shadow. Usually get 1 in 2 hammers.

Thunderz

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Shadow Runic Hammers with Powerful Reforging still make 100% Elemental Weps.
Just the other day, i made 2 100% Fire Damage Soul Glaives for me and a friend. I imbued mine with 20% DI/30% SSI/Spider Slayer/37% Mana Leech (Capped)/50% HLD. I then imbued his with 30% DI/30% SSI/Spider Slayer/37% Mana Leech (Capped)/50% HLA. Between those 2 weps, Disco and a Greater Dragon tanking, Navrey goes down fast as hell. No need for Con Wep.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yeah this is not a change in the last patch. Semmerset posted some really good tables in the "Reforing Howto" thread in this forum.

MatlocK

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So let me get this straight. In order to make 100% elemental damage weapons you should use a shadow runic hammer and select powerful re-forging and grand artifice w/ inspired artifice w/ exquisite /of Quality for the name?

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correct Matlock, also remember if you get self repair from Exquisite/Quality it goes away during imbuing.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Don't forget about enhancing. If you use a DC runic and get 60% fire you still can get to 100% fire with a bronze enhancement, though there is risk it will break.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried this last night and the only hammer I could get a 100% elemental off was Shadow (70/30 seems to be the best I got with DC) I tried enhancing a few with bronze as suggested and broke them hehe!

S

swateam46

I've had the same problem... I was using DC Runic's...getting 70/30 elemental properties which is fine under normal circumstances. I was able to enhance all but the posien and energy weapons, due to the ingot property allowances. I forged three Diamond Maces, 1 War Axe and 2 Soul Glaives to 100% Fire. Other results yieled were; 2 War Axes, 3 Diamond Maces 1 Soul Glaive to 100% Cold. My Method, DC Runic-Powerful Reforge/Grand Artifice/Inspired Artifice/ Exquisite of Quailty. Held a +60ASH, Blacksmith Talisman, enhanced all but one, used a forge tool for that one. Should Find it to Burn 4 charges....

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would someone give me a rundown of slayer types with the best elemental damage types associated, I've just got turned on to this, and it will save me from casting CW. I just made several 100% fire, cold and energy weapons using Powerful Reforge with Exquisite/Quality.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would someone give me a rundown of slayer types with the best elemental damage types associated, I've just got turned on to this, and it will save me from casting CW. I just made several 100% fire, cold and energy weapons using Powerful Reforge with Exquisite/Quality.
Undead - Fire
Repond - Fire
Reptile - Cold
Arachnid - Fire
Demon - Cold or Energy (Older Demon types are generally weaker to Energy, while newer Demon types are generally weaker to Cold)
Elemental - Varies, Elemental's Resists vary so widely between types, that i just go with 100% Chaos Damage

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So let me get this straight. In order to make 100% elemental damage weapons you should use a shadow runic hammer and select powerful re-forging and grand artifice w/ inspired artifice w/ exquisite /of Quality for the name?
I've been using this method for quite a while with good success. Two to three days ago I made four 100% elementals in 3 hammers. However, today the best I can make is 30/70. Anyone else experiencing this using shadow runic/powerful/grand/inspired? And yes, I'm 100% sure that's what I was doing and it was a shadow runic.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am on test center trying for a 100% elemental bow using Ash runic, but I too see only 70/30. According to the table posted this should work. Maybe it`s a streak of bad luck across all shards, I dunno.

Bryson

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im trying to reforge 100% cold damage on a composite bow. Ash runic fletching tools is all I have. Is there something else I can try? The bows give me everything else but still remains 100% physical damage. Frustrating but lucky I am burning through them at Test Centre. Help appreciated pls :D Cheers