• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mysticism] Is a 120 scroll worth the cost for PVM?

• Thread starter Old Man of UO
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
O

Old Man of UO

I just started training mysticism to use in PVM, and already have a 115 mystic scroll in storage. Will I notice much difference between 115 and 120 skill, and is it worth the cost for PVM? Vendor prices are ridiculous.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

That pretty much depends on what the main point of the character is. If you've got Mysticism mainly for Colossus then yeah its worth it. If you've got it but are mainly dealing damage through other means, or have it just for defense then probably not.
(For PvM at least.)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need 120 mystic and 120 focus to spell trigger bombard, that is worth it IMO.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Yes you only need Focus OR Imbuing, not both.

Triggering Bombard isn't exactly a PvM necessity, given the cooldown, when you could just spam it anyway.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya, reading and comprehension fail on my part. GOD is right, probably not worth it for PvM. PvP definitely.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

For PvP definitely.

Oh and Stone Form based characters... the immunities scale up to 100% effective at 120/120.

O

Old Man of UO

Alrighty! Thanks both of you, that helped a lot.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
in pvm i use 115 and get along just fine only thing is the occasional fail with collossus

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Mysticism is *something like* 0.5 higher difficulty than Magery, so even at 120 there's no 100% success on Colossus.

J

[JD]

Colossus is noticeably stronger as it gets closer to 120. Don't know your money situation but you could always eat the 115 til you got the 120

Another thread I read said Spell plague is at 100% success at 108 skill

Ask yourself which spells you'll be relying on mostly to answer the question

O

Old Man of UO

Colossus is noticeably stronger as it gets closer to 120. Don't know your money situation but you could always eat the 115 til you got the 120

Another thread I read said Spell plague is at 100% success at 108 skill

Ask yourself which spells you'll be relying on mostly to answer the question
That's exactly what I'm doing. I've never been one to have hundreds of mil in the bank, so it's a bit of a stretch to pay 14 mil for a 120 scroll when I bought a 115 scroll for 1 mil.

As far as which spells I will be using, I have no clue since I haven't used any of them! I just started yesterday and am only at 50 skill. It will take a bit of play before I know how to properly use any of the new spells.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

If you don't know the spells perhaps it would be of benefit to play it on Test Centre. There you can change your skill values instantly to see the difference and also Lore your Colossus.

Some of the spells are directly affected by the Mysticism skill (such as Healing Stone, Stone Form, Spell Trigger, Colossus) but others may just be success chance (which is usually the case).