• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Iron Beetles

Shannow

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Tamed a few of these and gave one to my miner, kept another to train up.
Thought they might be good to leave mining, while I do BODS (really do not like mining myself).
Also, while hunting - could farm some ore too.
Question I have - is there any tricks to making them mine faster?
Also, what they mine - is it what I'd mine in the same spot?

Observation:
Hunters guide - 800 str and 800 hp
plus magery and necromancy
definately not correct.
more like 390-440 str and hp
no spell casting skills

thanks for info with the mining

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Tamed a few of these and gave one to my miner, kept another to train up.
Thought they might be good to leave mining, while I do BODS (really do not like mining myself).
Also, while hunting - could farm some ore too.
Question I have - is there any tricks to making them mine faster?
Also, what they mine - is it what I'd mine in the same spot?

Observation:
definately not correct.
no spell casting skills

thanks for info with the mining

They mine randomly, no way to speed it up.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya I heard a NOOB returner yell out in chat the other day, "Iron Beetles suck at mining".

Mine in Fel Delucia. Get Fel bonus and Guards, the spots reset before you use them all.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
You look at the stats post tame, these are among the critters that get halved upon taming. All the Iron beetles we lored so far (just 18), were between 777 and 879 hp pre-tame. Their strength was between 770 and 891.

You are right about this
definately not correct.
That is a big disadvantage of such an open method allowing everyone to add their info. We actually enjoyed adding to it, but then would bump into weird "mistakes" like a frost spider doing fire damage or such. While it is a nice approach and many hands make light work, there will always be either stupid or mean people ruining it... The Cah Bestiary is closed off to only the dedicated owners as for entries and therefore is free from that drawback. But a lot more work for them, so thanks again to the K's.

The Iron Beetles' ability to mine is more a funny novelty than a practical option to use as your "crew" working for you. :)

Shannow

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
You look at the stats post tame, these are among the critters that get halved upon taming. All the Iron beetles we lored so far (just 18), were between 777 and 879 hp pre-tame. Their strength was between 770 and 891.

You are right about this

That is a big disadvantage of such an open method allowing everyone to add their info. We actually enjoyed adding to it, but then would bump into weird "mistakes" like a frost spider doing fire damage or such. While it is a nice approach and many hands make light work, there will always be either stupid or mean people ruining it... The Cah Bestiary is closed off to only the dedicated owners as for entries and therefore is free from that drawback. But a lot more work for them, so thanks again to the K's.

The Iron Beetles' ability to mine is more a funny novelty than a practical option to use as your "crew" working for you. :)
Aye, it is nice though to get 5 gold ore or whatever for every hunt I go on though. Plus, its more than I can be bothered to mine nowadays