• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event Investigator Mission: A Pest Problem

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
King Blackthorn has requested the assistance of Detective Thorpe in discovering a solution to the problem in the fields of Skara Brae.

Please visit Thorpe in his office in Serpent’s Hold. This event can be done at any time between now and early on Thursday, November 1st. For more details on the Investigator system, consult the EM Website.

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A small hint for some of you having trouble locating Giri: question Aila a little more thoroughly - she may have more to say on the scholar.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you ! Seems to work just fine. Although Giri is very hard to talk to. I got him to respond to just one word. Dunno if there are more keywords for that drunkard or not. :) He did point me in the right direction though. Thanks again for checking and fixing things. ;)

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After the one malfunction, I went through and reset all of them and tested it - they should be good to go. I think you were the only one to run into the problem, Bytor ;)

That being said...at some time today some of the ingredients that you will be sent to find will "dry up", making it impossible to finish the mission in its entirety. Tonight it will end completely. There is such a thing as "partial points" for incomplete reports though ;)

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps I am confused a little. The book in Thorpe's Office said, 2 sets of ingredients turned in or learned. I went with the learned part in my report. Was I supposed to turn in the ingredients also ?

Dayton

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
After the one malfunction, I went through and reset all of them and tested it - they should be good to go. I think you were the only one to run into the problem, Bytor ;)

That being said...at some time today some of the ingredients that you will be sent to find will "dry up", making it impossible to finish the mission in its entirety. Tonight it will end completely. There is such a thing as "partial points" for incomplete reports though ;)
I tried to run thru it the day it was posted, but ran into a roadblock talking to Aila. I had little time that evening to report it. I figured it would take a "expert" to lead us to the next person...but thankfuly, I found it fixed the next day....

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you. Is it possible to tell us what we missed ? :)

Dayton

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
The results of this should be posted within the next couple days.
I'm hoping that my book turned out readable this time.
I did not do anything differant from all the times before.
Please let us know.... I did make a copy this time

Thanks

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Points are finally updated, and an entry explaining the point breakdown was posted.

I apologize for any confusion with this one - I wasn't sure how to score it due to so many not mentioning a pretty key part in their reports. I'm assuming they skipped over it by mentioning one of the keywords early, and didn't think to bring Giri and muffins when he asked (or simply thought Giri should "take his muffins and shove them" as one report put it). In the end I gave everyone nearly full credit, but added an extra point to those who DID find everything.

Also, I believe there will be a few promotions. There is going to be slight change to how promotions are done, which will be announced as soon as I can pick Adris' brain about it.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you. Looking forward to my second promotion :)

I thought he needed a drink cause he said : "Eh ? HELLO ! Why are you yelling ? Come for a drink ? Thats why all the bottles are in the picture.

I had no idea at end he wanted muffins you sly dog. :) I will have to pay much more attention in the coming investigations.