• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Invasion - going on too long?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Man I been using my disco bard & summoning 2 earthies & killing Vanguards in less then 2 to 3 mins alone.
------------------------------------

This quote tickles me...since anywhere I am trying to fight the invaders I get the message I cant summon in this area...or field spell, etc etc

That's my beef with the deal.

C

Connor_Graham

Man I been using my disco bard & summoning 2 earthies & killing Vanguards in less then 2 to 3 mins alone.
------------------------------------

This quote tickles me...since anywhere I am trying to fight the invaders I get the message I cant summon in this area...or field spell, etc etc

That's my beef with the deal.
In Cove you can summon the Earthies on the docks then have them follow you into town. Not sure if that would work for Nujelm or not, but Papua all you have to do is step outside the town limits.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imagination is the poor excuse of empty games. I don't need to pay 17$/month if I only have my imagination to play with.
As I think UO has more to offer than a lot of games, I don't like when people are telling to use the imagination. It gives a pathetic picture of the game.
Man! Ain't that the golden truth.

L

Limlight

The spawn had frusterating moments for me....but I finally figured out how to solo the spawn on a necro mage without peacemaking....now its getting fun...

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In Cove you can summon the Earthies on the docks then have them follow you into town. Not sure if that would work for Nujelm or not, but Papua all you have to do is step outside the town limits.
Next to the lower left hand corner of the Nujelm Bank is the only place I know of there.

S

SilentFoxXy

A 14 hr a day, 7 day a week total addict thoughts:-

I loved Maginca, there was reason and cause, and reward.

Loved Moonglow for the first 2 weeks, now the city is deserted, with hordes of kinda low end mobs that gank and kill v quickly, and for the chance of a useless sword/shield, or a thread drop...the risk far outweighs the reward. There is no apparent reason behind us continually trying to fight solo in Glow, and noone else seems bothered, so why should we bother.

Cove- Was great fun for the first 3 days, then everyone sussed it was midnight UO time, and then every 2 hrs 5 tamers appeared, killed the Vanguard before pallys even got to the spawn, and before the Vanguard had even summoned his minions.

Then, brilliant, other cities got added, and there was plenty of spawn for everyone. But, alas, boredom set in, and now we have 4 or 5 cities overrun by nasties, both Tram and Fel side, with not enough folk during the day to make a dent.

When I do get a Vanguard 'Red Lined' He vanishes, goes back to his start point and summons like 300 nasties to his side, I go, I whack them, I get him down to red line, he vanishes...repeat until dead , repeat.......

Add this to the total lack of healer in Nujelm......which makes dying a terrible waste of money and time (Yes, there was one in the inn for about 2 hrs, then he got scared and legged it)

Now, there seems no reason why we fight, we keep killing Vanguard and his summons every 2 hrs, with no respite, no chink of light to say we are progressing, and now lets say for a ballpark figure, 12 cities both rulesets overun, and with about 4 day time players, no hope for the lower end player whatsoever.

Ok, Vanguards are bad, so are Shad/Lords, ok ok, enough already, why are they here, what are they achieving, what are we saving, why are we fighting every hour?? History, great, but WHAT history, what are we achieving??

So, yes, enough already, lets have a reason, a aim point, a why and where, and a city to fight for, a world to protect and defend, not just 2 hrs , tick tock, 5 mins in 2 cities, sod it we will leave the other towns cos its too hard and pointless. Glow?? oh is that still going on?? Why?? Cos Shadlords still spawning....wow, are they taking a bit of the shard with them, are they ruining our way of life- NO, well why arent they.....:)

Once everyone has got their 50 swords, shields, and 5 Dread ponies, died 50 times with no hope of a ress in some cities, and filled their house with crap, why should they bother, they aint saving anything,

Or are they??

L

Limlight

I gate to my house from Nuj'lem and then summon two earth eles...
Make them stay.

I lure down a Vanguard...and when its close...I invis...sick the Earth Ele's on it and then while in wraith form...wither it to death for 90 damage per spell..

Kills it pretty fast. Usually before spawn can come or before it teles back.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please tell me what you hope to "figure out" by robotically killing the same spawn over and over again. Tell me what deep mysteries of a nuanced and complex plot you've managed to ferret out thus far.

LOL.

I took my necro/samurai out to Cove last night. Nobody else was there. It was the same giant pile of speedcasting garbage monsters that always pass for AI in UO anymore. I couldn't really do any serious damage to the one Vanguard Controller that I could find, and it kept running around randomly disappearing anyway.

Yeah, let me play with THAT for a month or two. Whoo, excitement.

/logs back into WoW
ahh, and here we have a person with an imagination equal to road kill
the vanguards are fairly easy to kill..if you find yourself running circles and not doing damage, lve it to someone who can...or adapt

R

RenaLynne

"TOSS the damn Dark Wisps...there like irritating misquito's
get three of em on ya and they corpse skin/curse/pain spike the hell out of you, like there tryin to kill you or something...I HATE EM"

:thumbup::thumbup1::thumbup:Yes Plz!!!

I think the storyline is progressing, so no I dont think its gone on too long. Devs said this event is a very long one, with many different parts to it. Its not just a regular invasion.

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ahh, and here we have a person with an imagination equal to road kill
the vanguards are fairly easy to kill..if you find yourself running circles and not doing damage, lve it to someone who can...or adapt
I've adapted to playing a different game. Not rolling around in a pile of crap going "Oh Otis Firefly says I should use my imagination to pretend this game is fun!"

C

Connor_Graham

"I've adapted to playing a different game. Not rolling around in a pile of crap"

And you were rolling around in piles of crap before you started playing a different game?

Your dry cleaning bill must have been outrageous, but I bet the cleaners' kids have a good amount put away for college now....=P

Oh....and.....if you're playing a different game, and UO sucks so bad, why are you here discussing it? Were you planning on going outside to roll in more piles of crap after you left the boards and before you went back to playing this "different game"?

I'm sure your dry cleaner wouldn't mind that a bit, but I'd think you'd be tired of the smell by now.....

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok people have assumed for themselves about my views.
i am one of the few still fighting the invasion and cant for the life of me think why!
oh yes, to fill chests with more crap but at least ea are trying to put in content for a change

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

The only real content being taken away from this event is another pet.

G

galefan2004

You need a billion point dragon. Mine tears through comptrollers, although I have heard contrary. I got one shield it says chaos on it. It looks nice, but I forget stats. Maybe it will explode or something? You don't want to miss that.
Tamers really need to learn that just because they have an uber super dragon doesn't mean its best for every situation. Cus destroy vanguards. They do at least 2x the damage to them that greaters do and if you keep the spawn off of them they do a pretty decent job of keeping themselves alive long enough for the tamer to mind blast the hell out of the vanguard till its dead. Vanguards obvious weakness is cold.

Are you guys happy now that the rift closed and they introduced the Andrew part and joining the Shadow Lords for your pretty dagger? At least its an advancement.

G

galefan2004

/logs back into WoW
Stay in WoW. At first I thought you were just tired of killing the same crap over and over and over and over and over again and then you said you played WoW so I figured you must be used to that.

G

galefan2004

The spots that are closest to the water by the docks by the bank are not in guard zones and allow summons, but yeah I agree that area of affect and summons should be allowed in areas with monsters. The real kicker is that necros can wither, spellweavers can cast wildfire and wind, but mages can't cast earthquake...thats messed up.