• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Invasion Feedback

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This Invansion is really hard for "Weekend players" as me. I got characters with skills like 80-100%. I can kill some lower lvl troops like cyclops and trolls but they dont drop anything interesting.. just got lot more HP:s than normal.
So is this invasion only for "PRO-players"?
Na, just find some people killing something, and help them out. Basically you just want to get looting rights on one of the titans at least once, hopefully you can manage that.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have killed a lot of generals and captains, some solo with my sampire. All weapons and zero spellbook drop. Not sure if I missed anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Open the paper doll, some generals hold a staff and the class is healer, these generals guarantee a spell book drop.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This Invansion is really hard for "Weekend players" as me. I got characters with skills like 80-100%. I can kill some lower lvl troops like cyclops and trolls but they dont drop anything interesting.. just got lot more HP:s than normal.
So is this invasion only for "PRO-players"?
Not at all, actually. Yeah, only being able to do it on the weekend hurts a lot, but you can still get drops fairly easily - you have to kill the human mobs to get the drops.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Because there seems to be a limit to how many they drop, even if you get looting rights. It seems to be 3 per general, 2 for captain, 1 per anything else, even if more people than that get looting rights. So it's quite tiresome when my beetle's spent 5 minutes soloing a general to 50%, only for a dozen guys to then jump in and spend the next 3 min helping to get him the rest of the way.

It's the same for the colored armors, actually. The guys with ringmail, chainmail, shields, or cloaks are quite uncommon, vs guys in platemail. I'm getting rather sick of guys who run in, hit just enough for looting rights at the end, then when the loot gets split out, they get to loot those colored armors since the RNG gave those to them in their loot, while I have to wait an extra minute or two for it to hit the 'common' loot (if they hadn't already snagged it). Just way too much plate, and way too little of the others. Even if # wearing plate is going to be higher than chain or ring, they could all at least be wearing a cloak and some sort of shoes.
In our experience it's been three per mob, regardless of the type. The only one guaranteed a drop is the general though. Quite frankly I think the ones who want a mob all to theirselves are the greedy ones when the prize can be shared with up to three people. Thus adding to the chances of stuff with good rolls being spawned, particularly with the spellbooks.

To keep a mob to yourself for the cherry on top (the clothes/armor) is a bit ridiculous, especially if you are wanting armor from those that drop spellbooks. Simply ask for the armor. I think most people on Chesapeake would loot it for you/give it to you, if you just simply asked. Most are pretty decent people.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I don't think the normal etiquette applies to invasions, everyone just seems to pile on and attack the same things. I've not seen or heard anyone complaining about people hitting the same mob as them.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
In our experience it's been three per mob, regardless of the type. The only one guaranteed a drop is the general though. Quite frankly I think the ones who want a mob all to theirselves are the greedy ones when the prize can be shared with up to three people. Thus adding to the chances of stuff with good rolls being spawned, particularly with the spellbooks.

To keep a mob to yourself for the cherry on top (the clothes/armor) is a bit ridiculous, especially if you are wanting armor from those that drop spellbooks. Simply ask for the armor. I think most people on Chesapeake would loot it for you/give it to you, if you just simply asked. Most are pretty decent people.
I didn't say it has to be all to myself, nor did the others here who've mentioned. What we were commenting on is those who jump on the mobs just at the end, to gain the drop/looting rights. That's rather a very different thing.

Generally on Chessie, I see folks spread all over the place, each taking on part of the spawn solo or in a small group of two or three. Many are good about asking if you mind when they come to join in on a general. But there's that small % of folks who mob the spawns only at the end, then move on to the next person and do the same thing. I had to page on one last night who was multiboxing with at least 5 chars and 5 greater dragons, and only ever when the mobs were under 50% HP.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It's a shame that greed brings out the worst in people at what should be a fun community event. Unfortunately they seem to have just made it an EM event on a bigger scale! It would be somewhat ironic if the rewards in part 5 were all deco items and shard-bound....:D

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's a shame that greed brings out the worst in people at what should be a fun community event. Unfortunately they seem to have just made it an EM event on a bigger scale! It would be somewhat ironic if the rewards in part 5 were all deco items and shard-bound....:D
Oh they are all deco....shard-bound I don't know....but they are all deco ;)

NOnEx.jpg

Note the rewards we get...NON-EQUIPMENT AND DECO

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And when a bunch of people pile on a general because someone announces it in gen chat? Yeah, people are gonna want the generals to themselves, since they only drop a set amount of books. Personally, if it's 2-3 people on it, I don't care if people jump in.

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oddly, I haven't seen a single mage or healer general for the last 2-3 invasion on Baja. And being Baja, it isn't exactly camped. Makes me wonder if the "in crowd" had been spamming the devs with emails complaining about too many spell books drops affecting their RMT's *shrugs*

On a side note, expecting this to happen, I have more spellbooks already than I need so it doesn't affect me personally. But I do feel bad for more "casual" players who don't have time to farm 6-24 hours a day

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just noticed on Sonoma that all the invasion had not yet disappeared when the titan showed up. What my dragon was fighting just poofed when the red message showed up. Is that typical?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Just noticed on Sonoma that all the invasion had not yet disappeared when the titan showed up. What my dragon was fighting just poofed when the red message showed up. Is that typical?
Yes that has happened to me a few times...which is why I say that stuck spawn in the walls in Trinsic has no bearing on the spawning of the titan..they will spawn when enough of the invaders are killed.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I didn't say it has to be all to myself, nor did the others here who've mentioned. What we were commenting on is those who jump on the mobs just at the end, to gain the drop/looting rights. That's rather a very different thing.

Generally on Chessie, I see folks spread all over the place, each taking on part of the spawn solo or in a small group of two or three. Many are good about asking if you mind when they come to join in on a general. But there's that small % of folks who mob the spawns only at the end, then move on to the next person and do the same thing. I had to page on one last night who was multiboxing with at least 5 chars and 5 greater dragons, and only ever when the mobs were under 50% HP.
There are those small few on Chesapeake who will pancake if you join in/ask to join in when they are solo and have a one of the less frequently spawning generals with the good drops. I saw it yesterday morning. But seriously, regarding the armor, just ask people. That way you don't have to run around so much waiting for public corpses. Unless your pixels like the workout.

As for the people jumping in when there is already three, I think a couple things are in play. People don't understand items are capped at three. People don't understand a lot about this content. If you let them know, most tend to be respectful. I saw it a couple times and knew it was people who were new to the invasions.

You also have the people who dgaf. As for our dragon botters.... I don't think much of them. Is this the same dragon botter that has been around the past week or a new one? I saw bad behavior the first day from one, then they did their own thing. But I too was jumped yesterday when I was just so happen to be soloing a mob. I got my drop still. I won't say publicly anything more on them but might pm you a couple thoughts.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And when a bunch of people pile on a general because someone announces it in gen chat? Yeah, people are gonna want the generals to themselves, since they only drop a set amount of books. Personally, if it's 2-3 people on it, I don't care if people jump in.
As of right now, we don't have that issue on Chesapeake. We just have bott trains.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are those small few on Chesapeake who will pancake if you join in/ask to join in when they are solo and have a one of the less frequently spawning generals with the good drops. I saw it yesterday morning. But seriously, regarding the armor, just ask people. That way you don't have to run around so much waiting for public corpses. Unless your pixels like the workout.

As for the people jumping in when there is already three, I think a couple things are in play. People don't understand items are capped at three. People don't understand a lot about this content. If you let them know, most tend to be respectful. I saw it a couple times and knew it was people who were new to the invasions.

You also have the people who dgaf. As for our dragon botters.... I don't think much of them. Is this the same dragon botter that has been around the past week or a new one? I saw bad behavior the first day from one, then they did their own thing. But I too was jumped yesterday when I was just so happen to be soloing a mob. I got my drop still. I won't say publicly anything more on them but might pm you a couple thoughts.
I'm not sure where you get the capped at 3. I've heard in Guild chat where more than 3 are calling out what book they got and a couple more in Gen Chat for the same mage.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes that has happened to me a few times...which is why I say that stuck spawn in the walls in Trinsic has no bearing on the spawning of the titan..they will spawn when enough of the invaders are killed.
Four of us Spent 30 minutes late last night killing single mobs that respawned every few minutes until hydros finally spawned due to all the mobs in the walls. 30 minutes... single respawns... should not happen.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm not sure where you get the capped at 3. I've heard in Guild chat where more than 3 are calling out what book they got and a couple more in Gen Chat for the same mage.
Multi mages with guild mates and friends, we have never gotten more than three. And yes they did enough damage. Because each round someone different didn't get the spellbook. We can test again tonight but that is what we have seen.