• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Invasion Feedback

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Am I correct in my thinking that any of the weapons that have "damage eater" cannot be imbued? I tried 4 different ones and none could. I did also notice that it seems the "bane" property on the bows DOES NOT take up a mod slot! I had 1 with 4 mods, tried to at 1 more (the 5th) and it showed 4 of 5 mods. Anyone able to verify these results?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
got a war mace last night.
100% DI
100% mana leech
cant remember the damage eater.... 15 or 18%????

slow as all hell but 100% in both DI and mana leech is pretty cool!
was laying in bed after pretending to sleep and thinking about what all i could do to add SSI to my suit to make that war mace a viable usable option, hehe.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Am I correct in my thinking that any of the weapons that have "damage eater" cannot be imbued? I tried 4 different ones and none could. I did also notice that it seems the "bane" property on the bows DOES NOT take up a mod slot! I had 1 with 4 mods, tried to at 1 more (the 5th) and it showed 4 of 5 mods. Anyone able to verify these results?
Yep, bane doesn't count as a property while imbuing. But you can't enhance them, which is a pity.
This will make for some interesting bows.

Sadly, you cannot use the whetstone of enervation to remove DI from them.

Last edited:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would be nice to get a drop with 3 100% mods on a faster weapon like a katana then add ssi to jewels, shield and armor

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Would be nice to get a drop with 3 100% mods on a faster weapon like a katana then add ssi to jewels, shield and armor
I've been focusing on the Generals carrying good bows like the Yumi and Composite but they never seem to give me a bow.... all I get are the slow MF bows like the Heavy... and without SSI on them they are garbage...

Even a Composite is almost trash without SSI .

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did get a heavy with okay stats but they are very slow

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I never really cared for invasions as they are so boring. Not to mention we have no idea even if we make the reward list or not. Most of us dont have 20 hrs a day to do the invasions to be in the top attackers list.
You only have to get the required points on 1 Titan. Its not spread thru the whole time.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If you fight on a garg you get garg stuff..I got a cyclone with bane on it

BaneCyclone.jpg

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yep every item I have gotten on my Garg is either a Garg weapon or Altered..kinda cool!

I love the Terrified citizens too..some run away screaming and some fight lol..very nice touch :)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The invasion has been quite fun so far, but please increase the amount of mages.
As it is now, once it starts, a bunch of people run through it and try to hoard them. So if you are playing it straight, the odds of you getting to kill a mage and getting a book are very low.
The only way is to actually do the same thing. Run around completely ignoring the other generals till you find a mage. And granted, that mage will be ganked really fast.
That is not as fun as it should be.

Increasing the mages will give more people a fair shot at getting books.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The invasion has been quite fun so far, but please increase the amount of mages.
As it is now, once it starts, a bunch of people run through it and try to hoard them. So if you are playing it straight, the odds of you getting to kill a mage and getting a book are very low.
The only way is to actually do the same thing. Run around completely ignoring the other generals till you find a mage. And granted, that mage will be ganked really fast.
That is not as fun as it should be.

Increasing the mages will give more people a fair shot at getting books.
Have gotten books off of non mage Generals and Captains. Have only fought one mage the whole time the invasion has started and have 8 books.....

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Have gotten books off of non mage Generals and Captains. Have only fought one mage the whole time the invasion has started and have 8 books.....
I have only got books out of mages.
For every other general and captain, I always get the same weapon they are wielding, with the exception of healers that drop butcher knives.
I never saw a book drop out of a non mage general, captain or lieutenant.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For every other general and captain, I always get the same weapon they are wielding, with the exception of healers that drop butcher knives.
I have gotten two spell books from non mages

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The healers and some other type i cant recall drop books.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Untitled.jpg

Out of about 60 drops I have gotten 7 of them (yeah, one was from a mage)... and the two 45+ sdi ones (the darker colored ones) were both from non mages.

Now when I say non mages I mean the ones not "speaking" spells overhead... and their paperdolls have all said "so-and-so The Warrior"..

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have gotten two spell books from non mages
I have no idea what you guys are doing then.
I spent the day doing invasions and only got books from invaders that had "the mage" title, independent of their rank.
But anything else never dropped a book.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no idea what you guys are doing then.
I spent the day doing invasions and only got books from invaders that had "the mage" title, independent of their rank.
But anything else never dropped a book.
Me Mikey Find general of no particular variety, then kill general and move to next general killing anything else I pick up along the way. Basically start at one end of the town and fight my way to the other side. Would probably be more effective to run around wacking every general just enough for looting rights and then hide and watch the pack fill up though.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah I have only fought one mage so far out of all of this and I didn't get a book off of it.

I have 5 books now and all from non-mages

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same here 5 books all from non mages honestly didn't even know there was mages lol

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not event specific, and I know I'm probably the only person who cares about warrior shields, but the titan we just felled dropped pretty close to the shield of my dreams:

If only the physical had been fire resist it would be about as good a shield as I could ask for. Those extra stats really help on siege!

So anyway, this event has been a success for me. :D

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I have only fought one mage so far out of all of this and I didn't get a book off of it.

I have 5 books now and all from non-mages
Mage and healer are the ones that drop them - the mages drop the slayers, while the healers drop the high SDI ones. Also, the intensity of the properties is highest on the generals - you won't get 30/50 SDI off of Scouts and Recruits.

It's not event specific, and I know I'm probably the only person who cares about warrior shields, but the titan we just felled dropped pretty close to the shield of my dreams:

If only the physical had been fire resist it would be about as good a shield as I could ask for. Those extra stats really help on siege!

I want that shield.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Mage and healer are the ones that drop them - the mages drop the slayers, while the healers drop the high SDI ones. Also, the intensity of the properties is highest on the generals - you won't get 30/50 SDI off of Scouts and Recruits.

I want that shield.
Ummm... how did I snag one off an archer? Only running like 700 luck..

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah I promise you I have not fought one mage or one healer..well ONE mage...he was casting spells I saw it....all the rest were warriors......

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Hydros:
upload_2017-9-10_8-17-4.png upload_2017-9-10_8-17-12.png upload_2017-9-10_8-17-19.png upload_2017-9-10_8-17-26.png

And this is when my beetle hit it with rune corruption:
upload_2017-9-10_8-17-58.png

I think that Pyros data was gathered while he was under the effect of conduit.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I've seen Pyros have wonky #s too over on Chessie; seen him spawn with resists as low as all in the 30s, or as high as all in the high 80s-90s. (I try to grab the lore as soon as he spawns, but there's so much going on around the titans, you never know, he could be getting hit with some spell's effects or another, though a 60 point chop in every resist would be harsh for any spell...)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've seen Pyros have wonky #s too over on Chessie; seen him spawn with resists as low as all in the 30s, or as high as all in the high 80s-90s. (I try to grab the lore as soon as he spawns, but there's so much going on around the titans, you never know, he could be getting hit with some spell's effects or another, though a 60 point chop in every resist would be harsh for any spell...)
A Cu with conduit and someone hitting it with onslaught within a few ticks could easily drop the energy resistance that much.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A Cu with conduit and someone hitting it with onslaught within a few ticks could easily drop the energy resistance that much.
I thought i was the only one using Conductive Blast on LS. But I had my Chiv Cu on the one he took a pick of. Ill lore the other Cus that were around last night.

I Dont know what his Red Demon Dog was running.

Last edited:

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i gotta say the invasions seem to bring out the a-holes. there was one guy who only fought the generals to 1/2 health then left them for others to finish off. so i assume in doing so he was eligible for a drop.

then there's the guy who runs around opening building doors to get the spawn out on others that are fighting in the area. (he doesn't fight anything except the titan.)

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ummm... how did I snag one off an archer? Only running like 700 luck..
So that's legit? Hmm. Some people were saying that on LS the other day and I dismissed it because it makes no sense for one of the warriors to have a spellbook. Even if they did (which I personally doubt), I'm not going to worry about it until the activity dies down and most people stop doing this because it's yet another boring grindfest.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So that's legit? Hmm. Some people were saying that on LS the other day and I dismissed it because it makes no sense for one of the warriors to have a spellbook. Even if they did (which I personally doubt), I'm not going to worry about it until the activity dies down and most people stop doing this because it's yet another boring grindfest.
Yeah.. it's legit. I just spent this last invasion on Atl in Yew being one of the folks who only ran around and targetted the mages just to see.. but the mages do drop the books way more frequently than the others.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i gotta say the invasions seem to bring out the a-holes. there was one guy who only fought the generals to 1/2 health then left them for others to finish off. so i assume in doing so he was eligible for a drop.

then there's the guy who runs around opening building doors to get the spawn out on others that are fighting in the area. (he doesn't fight anything except the titan.)
I'm pretty sure I saw him as well. If I'm not mistaken, he and most of the guild he is in for some reason aren't "flying " their guild tags. :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
upload_2017-9-10_15-11-12.png

I lored this one but lost it. Everything was mid 80s. Still drawing a group on LS. I think 15 were there at 2:30 pm.

The spell books are the main things.

@Kyronix @Bleak There is till time to adjust the weapons!

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Ooooo enhance it with bronze. 7 fire resist if i remeber correctly...

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought i was the only one using Conductive Blast on LS. But I had my Chiv Cu on the one he took a pick of. Ill lore the other Cus that were around last night.

I Dont know what his Red Demon Dog was running.
I run conductive blast on all Cus. Its just like running rune corruption on beetles, its a must have. Plus I cast energy spells counting on blast lowering its resists. Two for one FTW.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not too upset with players running and hitting generals. It was bound to happen, but it also leaves it for others to hit as well. Since multiple people can get drops off the same general... what's the complaint really? I understand if these people aren't killing other parts of the invasion why it can be irritating, but I don't mind using me as an example why it's not so bad if done with some manners (I do not hit generals if others are already hitting it unless I'm invited to.)

I play a sampire. I'll run in, find a general (I don't just pick out mage generals), and start whirl winding the area. By the time I got looting rights on the general, I've also cleared out the immediate area of smaller spawn. I can then leave the small area, clear of danger for others to get looting rights on that same general.

I won't even get on the subject of what it does to weapon durability killing a general from start to finish...

I have more complaint with the Titans having so few hit points that not everyone doing the spawn has time to find it and hit it a few times.

Last edited:

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(I do not hit generals if others are already hitting it unless I'm invited to.)
Would be nice if others did this. People will just jump in, and even advertise its location in gen chat. Getting looting rights isn't an issue for me at all, but when there's, say, 7+ people hitting a general, the chances of getting a spellbook drop drastically.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I'm not too upset with players running and hitting generals. It was bound to happen, but it also leaves it for others to hit as well. Since multiple people can get drops off the same general... what's the complaint really? I understand if these people aren't killing other parts of the invasion why it can be irritating, but I don't mind using me as an example why it's not so bad if done with some manners (I do not hit generals if others are already hitting it unless I'm invited to.)
Because there seems to be a limit to how many they drop, even if you get looting rights. It seems to be 3 per general, 2 for captain, 1 per anything else, even if more people than that get looting rights. So it's quite tiresome when my beetle's spent 5 minutes soloing a general to 50%, only for a dozen guys to then jump in and spend the next 3 min helping to get him the rest of the way.

It's the same for the colored armors, actually. The guys with ringmail, chainmail, shields, or cloaks are quite uncommon, vs guys in platemail. I'm getting rather sick of guys who run in, hit just enough for looting rights at the end, then when the loot gets split out, they get to loot those colored armors since the RNG gave those to them in their loot, while I have to wait an extra minute or two for it to hit the 'common' loot (if they hadn't already snagged it). Just way too much plate, and way too little of the others. Even if # wearing plate is going to be higher than chain or ring, they could all at least be wearing a cloak and some sort of shoes.

Nosfentor

Visitor
This Invansion is really hard for "Weekend players" as me. I got characters with skills like 80-100%. I can kill some lower lvl troops like cyclops and trolls but they dont drop anything interesting.. just got lot more HP:s than normal.
So is this invasion only for "PRO-players"?

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have killed a lot of generals and captains, some solo with my sampire. All weapons and zero spellbook drop. Not sure if I missed anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro