• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Invasion Feedback

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Actually no you don't..we still had stuff stuck in the walls when Pyro's spawned there.
All the three times we did it at Legends, we needed the GM.
On the first one, we managed to spawn the Titan Stratos without the GM help.
Then it spawned inside a wall. Yesterday night and today morning, no such luck.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh well yeah if the TITAN spawns inside the walls then yeah lol but when he spawned here we still had stuff stuck in walls and behind locked doors :/

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They kill the titan in a matter of seconds trying to heal them or even dieing a lot at best maybe 1 time if it targets you with out armor

Not well thought out at all, should be based of time spent killing the invasion not top attackers

I notice on PAC a lot of players wait until spawn is killed then come in and kill titan in seconds, they not even helping clear the spawn but get awarded for it.

Sorry this is a very bad decision and design
That is really starting to piss me off! I spend a hour or two working the invasion, Titan spawns and the gates open and the multi boxers appear. Not bad in the morning but afternoons and evenings it gets frustrating.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I don't think the titans drop anything, but you have to kill them to get rewarded during the next phase.
Got some nice talismans, ML minors and ingreds and a few really good loot pieces but nothing new that I have seen.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
AGAIN it's not JUST damage dealt...it's damage taken and healing those taking damage...ALL of those count!
When theres 10 people , Nobody is taking damage unless its the chain lightning Titan. Theres nobody to heal. The Titan is dead in 10 seconds.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
When theres 10 people , Nobody is taking damage unless its the chain lightning Titan. Theres nobody to heal. The Titan is dead in 10 seconds.
Run into it? Bet you'll take damage then ;)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The weapons that are dropping are far better than any other weapons I see dropping elsewhere in the game... especially the bows. Atleast SOME of these may at some point will be useful. That's far better than doing Shadowguard or Exodus and getting weapons with 5 mods like "9 Stamina Regen" and "10% Reflect Physical Damage".

Spellbooks are awesome.

The Vesper invasions have been a pain. There are always some stragglers that wander out to the mainland and the titan won't spawn until they die.
Useful where????? Where you want to take 2 hours to kill something at a weapon speed of 3.5 to 4???? NOT in my world... Without SSI they are garbage just like all the rest of the stuff.

Daggers and such don't really need it but on a bow it's a MUST. Except maybe a repeater but if you want to plink away at something doing 10 to 12 damage... sure... but it'd take you a year to kill anything worthwhile hitting for that... not to mention most things have a HPR that is greater than 10 to 12... so you aren't really doing anything at all to it but pissing it off.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Useful where????? Where you want to take 2 hours to kill something at a weapon speed of 3.5 to 4???? NOT in my world... Without SSI they are garbage just like all the rest of the stuff.

Daggers and such don't really need it but on a bow it's a MUST. Except maybe a repeater but if you want to plink away at something doing 10 to 12 damage... sure... but it'd take you a year to kill anything worthwhile hitting for that... not to mention most things have a HPR that is greater than 10 to 12... so you aren't really doing anything at all to it but pissing it off.
Not all weapons are 4-second weapons. Furthermore, SSI is not the only factor affecting swing speed.

I haven't tried imbuing anything yet myself, but one of my guildmates said it's possible.

These weapons are FAR BETTER than anything that has been dropping on monster corpses for years. Atleast these do have some semi-useful mods (i.e., mana leach, damage increase) and leave room for additional mods if they are infact imbuable. Many of the bows I've seen have the bane property on them.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not all weapons are 4-second weapons. Furthermore, SSI is not the only factor affecting swing speed.

I haven't tried imbuing anything yet myself, but one of my guildmates said it's possible.

These weapons are FAR BETTER than anything that has been dropping on monster corpses for years. Atleast these do have some semi-useful mods (i.e., mana leach, damage increase) and leave room for additional mods if they are infact imbuable. Many of the bows I've seen have the bane property on them.
When you imbue them the DI and HML drop to the appropriate values for that weapon type. You dont get to keep the 100% DI or the 90 ML. Also they have 100 or so points less than an exceptional.

Why are These weapons dropped on the ground if they are so great?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
When you imbue them the DI and HML drop to the appropriate values for that weapon type. You dont get to keep the 100% DI or the 90 ML. Also they have 100 or so points less than an exceptional.

Why are These weapons dropped on the ground if they are so great?
I didn't say ANY of them were great... just better than what used to drop on monster corpses.

Some of them, not ALL of them by any means, will atleast prove to be useful and save a little imbuing time.

Bows with Bane, if you can get a good one, could be really sweet. Bane - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Right now I am waiting to get a bow with bane without HLD.
That will allow me to imbue a pretty good PvM bow.
They need to add bane to some of the melee weapons too, though.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't say ANY of them were great... just better than what used to drop on monster corpses.

Some of them, not ALL of them by any means, will atleast prove to be useful and save a little imbuing time.

Bows with Bane, if you can get a good one, could be really sweet. Bane - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia
Only seen them with Hit Lower D, Hit Mana Leech, DI, and Bane. Needs SSI. Slayers would be nice as well.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Only seen them with Hit Lower D, Hit Mana Leech, DI, and Bane. Needs SSI. Slayers would be nice as well.
Agreed. Especially on melee weapons, they should replace the "damage eater" property with SSI or Slayers.

Although I have my doubts we will see much of a change at this point.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed. Especially on melee weapons, they should replace the "damage eater" property with SSI or Slayers.

Although I have my doubts we will see much of a change at this point.
Probably not. I'm getting lots of turn-in points out of it, so I won't complain. Got 800 after a Vesper invasion last night.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just completed a titan I was standing on top it looking and looking for others to heal and had my best swordsman hitting for about 60 damage with max swing speed I used 1 bandaid only needed healed once, couldn't find anyone to heal and didn't get looting rights again

I waited until it went public and then anther player had the same thing happen with their bowman

So hours of killing the invasion, help kill the titan and your reward for your part would be what again if your not the top damager ?

Fun event, just not well thought out or even remotely fair to those that don't multi box or have top notch fighters with umber suits

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

I'll give you that in the fact that most weapons I see have properties that are just stupid... with a ton of 2 int bonus and mana 2 or crap like that and has NOTHING to do with actually doing damage... it's more like crap you'd rather have on your suit NOT your weapon...

I have not EVER found a useable weapon as loot. EVER. And that includes this loot.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Pom poms? No. The invasion type event was one of the most popular requested activities we've seen people ask for the developers to bring back at meet and greets. They heard us and brought it back.

What do you expect? Every person on ATL to get a drop from every titan?

I play on ATL and I also haven't gotten any drops from Titan just yet. Give it a few days after the larger crowds die down a bit. It's only been live a day and a half.
Do the titans actually drop anything? Or are we "accumulating points" to be used in part 5?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just completed a titan I was standing on top it looking and looking for others to heal and had my best swordsman hitting for about 60 damage with max swing speed I used 1 bandaid only needed healed once, couldn't find anyone to heal and didn't get looting rights again

I waited until it went public and then anther player had the same thing happen with their bowman

So hours of killing the invasion, help kill the titan and your reward for your part would be what again if your not the top damager ?

Fun event, just not well thought out or even remotely fair to those that don't multi box or have top notch fighters with umber suits
Let me introduce you to the Dark Side. UO Tamer

Make a tamer on your home shard or come to LS we can get you set up with a great pet that will get you looting rights every time.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

If a character gets titan looting rights at least once, are they good for Part V?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do the titans actually drop anything? Or are we "accumulating points" to be used in part 5?
The points accumulate per Titan and then stop. "Top Damager"s get 1 gift per toon. So you have a long time to get "top damager" on a toon. If you were a "top damager" on the first Titan that came out then your toon will get a Deco prize in part 5.

This may be why the Titans dont give a drop.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a legendary tamer with a gd (not the greatest one) same issues

I was just trying my old paladin out to see if I could do any better

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The points accumulate per Titan and then stop. "Top Damager"s get 1 gift per toon. So you have a long time to get "top damager" on a toon. If you were a "top damager" on the first Titan that came out then your toon will get a Deco prize in part 5.

And how does one know if they are "on the list" ?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Right, that's what I thought. Maybe I misread, but it sounded like @Merlin said "Some" people got drops from them. Not sure though.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And how does one know if they are "on the list" ?
We dont know yet.

I love to post pics. notice I have not posted a pic of a live Titan.

Here is how many peeps are doing part 4 on LS right now. only a couple pet names in there.

The bottom 2 didnt get there in time.

upload_2017-9-8_16-13-56.png

Heres the looting frenzy. When it goes public theres a ton of stuff to sift thru.

upload_2017-9-8_16-18-9.png

We need to know our completion status.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Post in the taming forum and we will help you get a nice pet set up.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

GDs just don't do enough damage fast enough. That green hiryu you have seen me running around with does.. I will have to check the stables of the tamer I transferred over to pac but pretty sure I have several more fully trained Bushi and Chiv Hiryus that are scrolled up in his stable. I will be happy to give you one, they might not be perfect as that was the tamer I did all my pub 97 experimenting on on Orgin but I would bet every pet in that stable would get looting rights 90% of the time.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just took a quick look in the stable and here is a good one fully 120 scrolled, Bushi, Armor Ignore and partially trained. A hour at the haven spectral spell binders will get his parry and resisting spells to 120 and another hour or two with the right shadow el will 120 everything else except bushi :) that will take a bit more time. But he will hit the spawn and titans like a hammer for you. Mistake on him was I forgot to ad 10 SR and HP are 40hp less than I like but is a fine Hiryu. Just a plain old grey one. EDIT: Might want to drop a bonding potion on him, that is a lot of 120 scrolls into him to risk without bonding ;)

SC1.png SC2.png SC3.png SC4.png SC5.png

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I love how people are getting these insanely awesome spellbooks...wanna see what I get??

WHAT.jpg

Yep..the game hates me :/

Seriously what IS that? LOL

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got an ax with 20% dmi and 5% dme I don't feel bad about it now lol

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL isn't that just the saddest thing you've ever seen? ~sighs~

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I love how people are getting these insanely awesome spellbooks...wanna see what I get??

View attachment 71863

Yep..the game hates me :/

Seriously what IS that? LOL
haha, you get that from a "Recruit"? lower ranking invaders seem to drops really weak items.

I haven't gotten a drop from any of the actual monsters though, just the human npc's
working on my set of 30% sdi super slayer books, got Arachnid & Demon slayers w/30% so far!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
haha, you get that from a "Recruit"? lower ranking invaders seem to drops really weak items.

I haven't gotten a drop from any of the actual monsters though, just the human npc's
working on my set of 30% sdi super slayer books, got Arachnid & Demon slayers w/30% so far!
I got 38% 8LMC Elemental I would toss to you but it is on Siege :( And worth hoarding on Siege

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Worth Dual Clienting on the Mage Generals pretty much everyone that does some damage gets the same spell book.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
screenshots or it didn't happen!
I will grab one when I am on Siege tmrw :)

I am open client capacity atm training up pets for friends trying to break the Greater Dragon Addiction :)

SKhiryu.png

Last edited:

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What i see people doing is running to the back damaging all the generals then waiting till others kill it and they get the drop.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pretty much Yep... they jump in if it's a mage... and leave if it isn't... and then wait for the boss.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty much Yep... they jump in if it's a mage... and leave if it isn't... and then wait for the boss.
That gets annoying as they usually drag a bunch of spawn with them and dump it on you or your pet when they invis or or hide, which is not too bad unless it is a bunch of GDs, AWs or my personal most hated critter Fire Ants!

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I just got looting rights on that tall fire one on LS. I used a puny ninja archer, did chiv spells to get my one point of damage to 7,(wrong bow too) got down to 7 hit points of my life, survived. SO!! If looting rights is key go attack those things! Did I mention I seriously... hate fighting. I killed what prior to titan spawn I could, I don't know if that matters to this list.

Florida! We have so very many players from Florida, be safe! Hugs!

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
will atleast prove to be useful and save a little imbuing time.
Nope the over capped stuff counts as imbuing points. Even though they would drop, you cant start the imbuing process.

Cant imbue this:
upload_2017-9-9_14-4-0.png

I use this on them.

upload_2017-9-9_14-6-21.png

Double strike does the same damage as the macing AI weapon.

And some of the Titans are AI immune.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never really cared for invasions as they are so boring. Not to mention we have no idea even if we make the reward list or not. Most of us dont have 20 hrs a day to do the invasions to be in the top attackers list.