• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Introductions

Envy

SotA Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
With increased interest in the SotA section on Stratics, I thought I would create a new thread where everyone can make their introductions.

Whether new to the game or one of the Kickstarter backers, it's always good to see who is around and to get to know other players.

So a bit of information about me and my guild:

I'm from the UK and have played UO (Europa) since 1999/2000. Historically I am Pk/PvPer and have been involved in many guilds over the years including Pkr, 2.0 and Pro.
I heard about the SotA from one of the Pro guild members ( @Lord Gandalf ) during Kickstarter. Being such a fan of UO I was very keen on the idea of finally finding a game that would measure up to my expectations.

I currently run a guild in SotA called Disciples of Damnation (DoD) which is combat orientated. As part of setting up the guild I wanted to provide as much as possible that would assist, for this reason I have several towns (both PvP and non-PvP) which are dotted around the map of Novia.

I also try to produce a YouTube video each month to provide a walkthrough of the latest Tour Guide Quest......that channel can be found here.

I'm more than happy to provide any help where I can whether it be trying to answer questions or assistance in game.

Themo Lock

Adventurer
Themo Lock here, Leader of Pax et Veritas and governor of two of the towns that make up the PaxLair city cluster in Shroud of the Avatar. Myself and my guild run a new player help service and a support system for events and projects run by other guilds and groups. I am consistently the highest level player in the game (we still have wipes now and then) and put allot of time into playtesting and bug hunting. I am a PvP'er (PK hunter) , a PvE'er, a crafter, an artist and an in game publisher.

Sean

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, I'm Sean Silverfoot have been playing UO since beta, down to 2 active accounts. Spent a lot of those years on Seige Perilous with the Iantown group all the rest has been on the Chesepeake shard involved with PaxLair.

I've been involved with SOTA since 2013 and am currently the Governor of Tenakill, a POT in the PaxLair cluster. I'm also the PaxLair town manager responsible for all our clusters communicating and basically a Winfield minion :shots: (j/k)

I plan to put in as many years in SOTA as I have in UO.

Now if I can get 20 years out of this game, it would be my end game game :eek2:

If I can ever be of help to anyone please contact me

If you didn't guess, same name in SOTA as UO.

Lyra

Visitor
Hallo :D

I'm Tinalyra! From the north, aka Norway.
I've been playing mmo's since I was 12, starting with Runescape, then Habbo, then World of Warcraft (That I'm currently still playing) and was introduced to SoTA through Envy.

I first played it a couple months back, but I quickly got the hang of it, due to my familiarity to these types of games. I usually lean towards the PvP in games nowadays, and it didn't take me long to beat both Gandalf here and Envy the lord.

I also stream MMO's and plan to stream SoTA in the future, perhaps at game release or earlier.
Feel free to tune in anytime, I love getting to know more people, especially since the stream community can be quite young and immature. I prefer old and immature. (Jokes aside, feel free to drop a hello, and say you also play SoTA! :D)

www.twitch.tv/tinalyra

:D

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Might as well toss my info in here!

Howdy Folks,

I'm Nexus, I've been less playing and more following the progression of SotA, I was a Kickstarter backer, and do play now and again. I keep up with a lot of games, and spend time cycling through them all, so you'll never know when I'll pop in.

I've been playing MMO's since hmm.. 98, right after I exited the military, and haven't really looked back. The Birth of the Modern MMO occurred while I was enlisted and I deployed too often to really get into them then, but I was watching!

Games in my cyclic adventures include UO, SotA, SWTOR, LotRO, Neverwinter, DDO, EQ, EQII, Landmark, Elite: Dangerous, and a couple of others more rarely. When I'm not playing games (which I don't get to play as often as I want) or working my full time job, I spend my time here at Stratics doing my part to try and make this a place people want to be rather than just an alternative place to be, and was part of the group that organized the recent Indiegogo campaign to purchase the site.

If you guys have questions or need something from the staff here, shoot me a PM, and I'll run it through the rest of the Sr. Staff and we'll see what we can do, but please understand right now we've got a lot lined up and being worked on if we don't respond immediately. I will say we're all thrilled to see folks taking an interest in SotA here on Stratics, and would love to see this segment of our community continue to grow.

Themo Lock

Adventurer
Might as well toss my info in here!

Howdy Folks,

I'm Nexus, I've been less playing and more following the progression of SotA, I was a Kickstarter backer, and do play now and again. I keep up with a lot of games, and spend time cycling through them all, so you'll never know when I'll pop in.

I've been playing MMO's since hmm.. 98, right after I exited the military, and haven't really looked back. The Birth of the Modern MMO occurred while I was enlisted and I deployed too often to really get into them then, but I was watching!

Games in my cyclic adventures include UO, SotA, SWTOR, LotRO, Neverwinter, DDO, EQ, EQII, Landmark, Elite: Dangerous, and a couple of others more rarely. When I'm not playing games (which I don't get to play as often as I want) or working my full time job, I spend my time here at Stratics doing my part to try and make this a place people want to be rather than just an alternative place to be, and was part of the group that organized the recent Indiegogo campaign to purchase the site.

If you guys have questions or need something from the staff here, shoot me a PM, and I'll run it through the rest of the Sr. Staff and we'll see what we can do, but please understand right now we've got a lot lined up and being worked on if we don't respond immediately. I will say we're all thrilled to see folks taking an interest in SotA here on Stratics, and would love to see this segment of our community continue to grow.
It is actually a little hard for people to find the SotA section here without being directly linked ^.^

Jack Knyfe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Jack Knyfe here.

Played UO on GL waaaay back in the T2A era, then left for EQ, and played the MMO leapfrog game for the next 15 years.

I pledged in the SotA Kickstarter, and it's the game I've been needing since UO.

I'm WrathPhoenix's right hand man as the Prime Minister of the Phoenix Republic, and my snark cuts straight and true.

Noivern

Visitor
Greetings!

I'm Tanja aka Noivern, viking from the cold and wet parts of northern Norway!

After being summoned by Envy, I might as well introduce myself!

For the most part I've been a console gamer, doing the typical Gameboy > Playstation > XBOX route, but at some point I got my dad's old and massive desktop, and that's when I discovered the joy of MMO's. Runescape, FlyFF, Cabal, PWI and the whole shebang. It wasn't until 2012 (after I graduated and actually got a job) I took the plunge from Free MMO's to paid ones like WoW, which I only really started playing "for real" when WoD came. Also gave FF a go, but I need to give it another go at some point! Right now I am trying to work my way through my ever growing steam library to get som achis down. Love me some achis!

As for SoTA, I don't even know if I've ever completed the first quest, but so far first impression is good!

I am a typical social/casual player, so I mainly do just PvE and stuff for fun! I like to consider myself a very versatile player, so anything goes, really!

Outside gaming I am a movie-junkie, with a big love for movie and game scores. I also sometimes do creative stuff like draw/paint/craft and some graphic design.

www.twitch.tv/naughtynoivern

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I'm Taylor and I've been a Stratics reader since I started playing UO back in 1999. I used to volunteer here, the details of which are on my profile page. I've been a SotA supporter since it was called "Ultimate RPG:" I launched the URPG/SotA Stratics section, hosted interviews with @Richard Garriott and @Starr Long, and joined them live during the Kickstarter countdown broadcast. Looking forward to more SotA times.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey this is Gandalf from europa, started as a trader, ended up being an absolute pvp legend :p

Sota kickstarter backer, got a bit impatient at some point coz game development was pretty slow, that never stopped me from being a big supporter of sota especially after getting in touch with DOD members.
Great community & cool members... Best part is that u can find role-play [SOR] & pvp [DOD] mixed up together. Sota also presents an online/offline mode; The game looks promising, provides some new sort of combat system, crafting alternatives and new pvp experience.

Looking forward to see u ingame next wipe & release on jan 28 2016 :)

Margaritte

Visitor
Hiya everyone! Margaritte McLean here. Just thought to pop my head in and say hello. Been playing SotA since R18 and am having a fantastic time. I'm an Officer of Pax et Veritas and enjoy, well, pretty much every part of the game so far! I'm happy to see some friendly faces and am looking forward to getting to know the rest of you :D

EMPstrike

Visitor
<----whatever that name is is who I am. Maybe I should get a picture.

I like shroud and I do stuff in it, and out of it. A mage is the easiest person to start out as at the moment. Archer is the hardest. Warriors are neat. You can have hammers.

Hammers.

YOU can have hammers. Come try out hammers.

Winfield

Adventurer
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'm Winfield and glad to be here!

I'm the Governor of PaxLair in UO and SotA.

I've been in UO since its beginning with PaxLair just reaching our 18th Anniversary (established January 19, 1998) and still going strong on Chesapeake.

I'm a backer in SotA and lead the PaxLair player owned town and our PaxLair 'cluster'. At present, we have 10 towns connected in the PaxLair cluster just east of Brittany.

I'm also close to Austin, TX where Portalarium is (the creators of SotA). Therefore, I am helping with player events there and world-wide for SotA players. I also help the non-local community be involved as I work with various Twitch Streamers and Hangouts (where I turn to WrathPhoenix for help). I also work with the SotA Radio Stations too.

So mainly, I'm a community player who also likes to fish.

FISH!

Rune_74

Visitor
I'm rune_74, probably the most hated person on the shroud forums at the moment, especially by the high backers. I have been part of community since the kickstarter started. I'm not to happy where it has ended up and I feel that a lot more will be like me soon.

Maybe things will work out, I'm not optimistic, but I hope so.

Mata

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Also, feel free to steal any links off of the RPOTA Resources page. I've worked quite a long while accumulating a nice list of community websites and accumulating graphics for each resource. Please feel free to reuse those as well :)

Often, I've thought of making that page "embedable" as well... so folks could simply embed the resource page on their sites and we could have a central updating of said resources to advertise everywhere. Could be handy :)
Thank you!
Hello and welcome Elgarion! :)

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi - Been a while since anyone posted here, but i just started playing SOTA so I thought i'd introduce my self. I have been playing UO mainly since the beta and mainly on siege. If you are really interested in my history check here
I have just started playing SOTA so still building some toons and getting my house in order. I don't pvp much and the private setting is really great for harvesting resources.

My main toon is Dr AJ so if you see me say hi!
Regards
Sir AJ

Last edited:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi - Been a while since anyone posted here, but i just started playing SOTA so I thought i'd introduce my self. I have been playing UO mainly since the beta and mainly on siege. If you are really interested in my history check here
I have just started playing SOTA so still building some toons and getting my house in order. I don't pvp much and the private setting is really great for harvesting resources.

My main toon is Dr AJ so if you see me say hi!
Regards
Sir AJ
How'd the character building go Doc?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Doing Well, been keeping the heart rhythm under wraps and trying to stay active. and as always, busy at work. i have 1 half finished character on Sota, it just didn't grab my attention like UO

Last edited: