• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Introduce Yourself

Skycapp

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, I think we need an official introduce yourself thread, and here it is.

I'll start:

I'm Skycapp, I go by many names in game and no I wont tell you which ones.

In Warhammer I generally play a Goblin Shaman, but occasionally I enjoy playing the ranged nuker classes such as sorcerer.

I am the Managing Editor of WAR Stratics and I am also one of the Directors of the Stratics Network. That means that I am the one to blame or contact if there is something you don't like about the site or the forums.

I'm a Capricorn and generally hate anyone who doesn't play MMOs or anyone who actually has a social life.

Your turn :coco:

Akasha1

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll bite....

I'm Akasha1...at least here on Stratics :). I am a reporter for UO on Napa shard, and UO UHall Moderator.

I haven't played Warhammer yet, but I am leaning towards an Elf...just need to decide if I am going high elf or dark elf. I am open to suggestions!

In UO I normally go by Akasha, and I will probably do the same in Warhammer.

I do not have a social life, between working full time and school full time.

Skycapp

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome to WAR Akasha, glad to have you over from UO.

B

Beele

Coming to try out this pre-order beta, I am a veteran of EQ2 and looking forward to seeing how Mythic does things differently.

The two things I enjoy doing most in an MMO of this genre are 1) flinging sharp, pointy things long distances and making critters at the other end go OW! and 2) questing. Yeah, I am a quest *****. Anything I can do to advance quests, including co-opting entire guilds for nefarious purposes is fair game. When I left EQ2, I was #1 on my server and top 30 world wide- the fact that they actually track all the quests you have done and have the option for ranking people that way is something I really enjoyed and why I never gained any traction in WoW, so I am hoping to see something similar, if not exactly like that, in WO.

A

Anathesius

Anathesius

I've been playing MMOs since early UO. I played a toon named Winter on the Chesapeake shard for years. I dealt in rares and houses.

I played Mordred server in DAoC for a few years, Death server in Shadowbane for a while, Venekor in EQ2 for a few years, and a bunch of other MMOS/FPS in between.

I'm 36, from Chicago, and Ima blue collar biker, lol.

I, as well as RAoV, will be playing WAR until Darkfall is released...if WAR is good enough, we'll play both games. If it fails, which I douvt it will, we'll move on to Darkfall.

M

MasterToke

I am very familiar with MMO's but haven't played many since DAoC (not to say I haven't tried some). Since I loved DAoC (and love Mythic), I just know this game will get me hooked!

I normally play a magic user of some kind but a healing class is fun (don't underestimate the stress that healers face in combat situations!).

I don't know what I'll be playing or which side I will be on but most likely I will choose Elf.

Woot! The 7th has finally arrived!!! :)

-mt

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
--Gandhi--

In Flames

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi. I'm In Flames.

A near Legendary PK.

I like burning things. I like blowing stuff (and people) up.

I've been playing MMOs since UO:T2A.

And I'm here to give WHO a shot.

N

Noun

Hi. I'm In Flames.

A near Legendary PK.

I like burning things. I like blowing stuff (and people) up.

I've been playing MMOs since UO:T2A.

And I'm here to give WHO a shot.
Are you a trammy? :hahaha:

S

siliconsmiley23

Howdy Stratics Warhammer folks,

I'm a long time gamer. Started online gaming with Trade Wars. Yeah. That kinda long.

I've been playing WoW off and on for a while. I'm not particularly interested in PVE. It's too much like work. I did actually enjoy the PVP in WoW. I am pretty disappointed that it is completely gear based at the endgame. I'm not hard core anymore. I don't have 70 hours a week to play a game to amass all the necessary points or run an instance 50 times to get a single drop. I'm soft core. I play hard, but just don't have the time.

I've only got a couple hours under my belt at WAR, but I can think I'm going to enjoy it.

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi everyone,

Not in the WAR beta, but chomping at the bit for opening day! Been waiting for WAR a long time and looking forward to it.

Been gaming since back in the Atari and AD&D days... the original Ultima Series, Wizardry, etc.; and AD&D, Cyberpunk, Aftermath, WH, Marvel, Avalon Hill stuff. These days still playing UO (11 years), played or have tried everything it seems from DAoC, DR, EVE, GW, TR, WoW, and so on... if there is a demo, I'll at least try it. Also like playing FPS shooters... nothing like the echo of "HEADSHOT" ringing through your headphones.

Have been Stratics regular since 2003, and have had the good fortune to meet several of the Stratics staff at various events. Good people.

I'm also the publisher of GameXbar... gaming community toolbars. Yes, Stratics is in them. And yes, there is a WARXbar!

Back to the topic at hand. Like others here, not as hardcore as I used to be... just don't have the time anymore. But just the same, I'm here for WAR... and "I'm all out of bubble gum!". ;)

WAAAGH!!!

X

Xombies

I'm Xombies on the forums and in game.

I've played video games since Oregon Trail on Apple II and Beachhead on my Commodore 64.

I got into Warhammer when I was 12 painting miniatures.

I know I dont have some kewl extensive history of MMO's but I have more desire for this game to be THE one than probably anyone on here.

...and yeah WoW was my first MMO. I won't hold yer elitist attitude aginst you if you dont hold my ability to have only played WoW and still peel your face off aginst me. :hahaha:

P

Paxenos

Hey guys,

I'm Paxenos on the forums and in the game. I've been playing MMO's since I was 12 and it all started with a mud called Darkened Justice. I've played muds, EQ, EQ2, DaOC, UO, WoW, and finally Warhammer Online! I love MMORPG's. I've come to realize that I really don't have as much time as I used to since I recently got out of college, got married and a job! Therefore, RvR will be my main focus, since there's never a dull moment (unless there's no one online to kill). Oh yeah, I'll be rolling a goblin shaman on Gorfang.

Nice to meet everyone!

M

Mitzlplik_SP

Hello fellow WAR addicts.

Mitz on the boards as well in games like UO/WAR and used to play Merlin/Lance and Gaheris DAOC.

My first online game was UO,maybe 8 months before Tram came out,played that till AoS than moved to DAoC and now to WAR,but am still into UO.I`m 35,drive truck for a living and spend WAY to much time playin vid games.:D

I like the ranged DPS classes the most it seems.Archmage is VERY fun for me right now since its a nice blend between DPS and heals.I just need to learn to heal a lil better for the benefit of my poor dead group mates,lol. I`m gettin there,I`m not used to playing any type of healer,I get carried away blastin the reds and catch myself saying :eek:snap: as I notice a groupy close to death.

I also like the Engineer and Witch Hunter.

Fergot to mention I`ve tried WoW and AoC and cancelled both a week-10 days into the trials.Still like runnin around in Delta Force and occasionally load up C&C for a change of pace.

T

tului

Tului here. I've played MMOs since UO, going to Phantasy Star on the Xbox. Then Everquest 2 when it came out. I switched to Warcraft about a year ago, and am still playing that, I want to see if WHO can steal me away before the expansion or if I'll be leveling to 80 night and day in Northrend. In UO I had a mage, Teb Tengri on Chesapeake, EQ2 a 70 warlock on Antonia Bayle, WoW a 70 hunter and 70 resto druid on Emerald Dream. I am into roleplaying in most publicly seen talks and keeping private and group chats OOC. I'm not one who "has" to roleplay though. If you don't I won't. I will be looking to find a melee DPS or maybe a caster DPS. I want a toon that people say "WTF, that DPS was insane."

G

Gohl

I am back at stratics now that WHO is around.

Maybe some oldtimers here remember Gohl (Troll), Kanisa (Erudite), Fastlips (Iksar) or Tachy (Gnome rogue, allowed into old Grobb) of <Hand of Evil> back in EQ.

I guess the pink fluffy bunny Greebo is still lurking around? :bowdown:

Well, I never stopped playing mmorpgs, and I do not plan to stop in the future.

A

ADulo

Thought I'd give WHO a try and see where it takes me. I've tried quite a few MMO's, but most of my experience is with Star Wars Galaxies. I always enjoyed Stratics for SWG, so this is one of the first places I came. Haven't gotten too far yet, but I am enjoying myself so far.

Skycapp

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome ADulo, hope you enjoy your stay here.

P.S. >> Stay away from the 2nd floor break room. There are things in there no person should ever have to see.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi I find it intersting that alot of players posting here have played UO, well I'm another one! I am still playing UO but needed a change after playing since almost Beta. It's alot of fun being a newbie again and trying to figure things out, the best times I had in UO were the first couple of years. The thing I find the most difficult is getting use to the 3d and the mouse and keyboard combo's for movement et, since its so differant then UO. This game does remind me a bit of horizens which is the only other mmprg game I have played, luckily I have a teenager around thats a real help. Enjoying the quests and looking forward to crafting and pvping.

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Riply,

Welcome to WAR Stratics! I'm a long time UO player too (11 years). The WAR interface is very different from UO:2D, but it has similarities to UO:KR... KR uses an interface much more like modern MMOs (which all seemingly use basically the same UI).

I believe Mythic was wise in designing WAR's UI similar to most other modern MMOs... player familiarity, standardization. They tried to collect the best of what's been done, and make it better.

I'm still learning it, but I like it. :)

maujai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all! My name is Maujai and i have been sober for 3 days...wait a second...wrong introduction.

Let's try this one. I have played MMOs since 1999. I started out on UO Catskills shard and played until 2006. I tried playing Tabula Rasa and really enjoyed it until i got to the non-existent end game stuff and i have played WoW off and on over the years but couldn't ever get into that game.

I hadn't heard of WH before other than Warhammer 40K. I thought this was an online game of that, but i am quickly learning otherwise. I picked up this game a few days ago and i must say "me likey, a lot!". I am really looking forward to seeing how this game grows in the coming months.

W

wyrmtongue

Hi all I'm Wyrm..

I'm a old UO player. <Gee thats a suprise. :D >

Had a character practically on every shard..

Moved to Warcraft when it came out and mainly play the Llane, Blackrock, Dath'remar etc servers as Horde.

I level a toon here and there because of when a shard goes down. :coco:

Ordered Wrath of the Lich King and preordered WAR...

I've seen screen shots of WaR and heard its fun from alot of people I know so plan to give it a go.

I played mostly all the MMOs here and there.

Like someone else I played Warhammer with that little hex map and minatures.

I used to spend hours painting those things and I suck at painting. :mf_prop:

S

SilentFoxXy

Mandy- AKA

Catalystic - Level 20+ Ironbreaker

Also Level 20 White Lion.....

Looking for friendly, active guild.

P

Pezu

I'll bite....

I'm Akasha1...at least here on Stratics :). I am a reporter for UO on Napa shard, and UO UHall Moderator.
Hi Akasha. :heart: Some of our old WtF? friends play Warhammer. You'll probably be hearing a lot about us trying to destroy everyone like we did in UO.

I don't know anything about the elves. I've only leveled my high elf to level 3 or 4. My bright wizard is 14, and I made a rune priest on another shard that's 9.

Me: I'm known as Pezu in UO. I played Napa, generally making life hard for Akasha. :( But I still :heart: her. :)

L

Limic

Ummmm...Just starting on WAR. Like it so far. Long time Baja UO player (current), and would really like to get established with any Baja UO players who are currently playing WAR.

Skycapp

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome Limic!

I'm sure there are a few old Baja folks running around. You might have to smack them with a broom to wake them up though.

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Limic,

Huh? What? Sorry... just waking up. :p Yup, I still play Baja and play Averheim on WAR. I don't play either as often as I would like (usually get an hour or two game time on the weekends). I wish I had more time for both.

Just a heads up. If you're using the UO Toolbar, click the + at the far left end... and you can change to the WARXbar on the fly (no extra install). WARXbar is just like the UO Toolbar, but designed for the WAR community.

And WAR Stratics is in it too. :)

B

Birdseye

Hi i'm Birdseye, or Birdy as most call me in UO.

I'm just about to start playing WAR after nearly 9 years on UO Europa.

Play mainly PvP on UO, and can't wait to see what happens over here on WAR.

Gonna start playing on Worlds Edge Mountains, and would love to make contact with anyone who i've made friends/enemies on UO.

Only played for 1 hour so far, but going to spend the rest of this evening trying to get into the swing of things.

Mazulat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems to be more UO old-timers here than in UO. Must be that super support we got there. lol
"Maz the Hammer" been my main toon name since the begining of ultima, same name for primary toon on all the shards i've played (great lakes, drach, oceania, austin, and superior).
Looking forward to a well built game with support that exists, and pvp that isnt glitch/hax/3rd partied to death. Hoping to get the hang of things and be out there tanking for some vets soon. :p

L

Lag

Just got it...What're the high pop Open RvR American servers? What servers are you all on?

Skycapp

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome to the WAR lag!!

I play on Magnus or Volkmar. Both are Core rule servers.

Greenskins rule !!!

S

Sunrise

Howdy there. I just got the warhammer CD this morning..Going to install its Tomorrow moring and start playing..

aye Im from Napa valley too...Big surprise also there...

A good friend of mine has showed me this game for the past couple of weeks and sending me emails of pics hes been sending... I had to check this out for myself.

Not going to give up my UO account yet..Spent many years playing that game...But Its time to try something new...

S

Sunrise

Ok been a week so far...and seriously..my partner and I are freaking loving it...This game is so amazing in so many ways....

Thats all there is to say...

D

DARKKNIGHTsonoma

Hello, I played Warhammer from release in 2008 - 2009 , had some great times , but before i knew it the game had been abandoned. It's a shame , had so much potential.

S

Senlui

Hello! I played WAR since launch, and am still there with a plethora of characters.

I am a Warhammer fan, and collect Lizardmen and Dark Elves for the tabletop game, which I enjoy painting. I am also a roleplayer and RP on t'interweb and also in game when I get the chance.

I have been gaming since I was given a Spectrum 64 when I was aged 10 (yes, I am that old :D ) but have only really been playing MMORPGs for the last 6 years.

In game I'm usually playing an elf of some description. I love the Druchii, they are seriously twisted. Characters include Ulrothar (DoK), Sylrien (WE), Galinel (AM), Silvamar (SM) on Karak Norn, and Ithisyn (Sorc), Casaythe (BG), and Ninkypoo (Shammy) on Badlands. Yes, I am an altoholic.

As a female gamer I am also proof that there -are- girls on the internet :p

Despite all the grizzling you see, WAR is a great game and I still enjoy it after 4 years playing.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Hi, Senlui! It's a treat to have you.

If we can do anything to better support WAR players, please let me or Tarelther know. :)