• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Interesting times. Balance of power on Siege.

G

Goodah

<blockquote><hr>

Hey Kahlia,

I don't know the full Puffy history here, but a few weeks ago he and his guildmates killed my pvm'er (I was stupid) and looted all my junk. Puffy went out of his way to give me back most of my 1351 luck suit. I was impressed.

[/ QUOTE ]

well duh? Aren't your guilds allied or have a "truce" or whatever you guys want to call it.

G

I can see that you don't realize how strictly limited our "truce" really is.

It's only in effect when JSV is in the field. Period. Once they are all dead/statted/gone, the truce is no longer in effect.

Perhaps you were with us in despise a few weeks ago? We ran it, and got simultaneously raided by JSV from the west and KOC from the east. We were, of course, crushed. I consider this a prime example of the limitations of our "truce".

Nevertheless, I've heard lots of negative stories about Puffy, but my one and only interaction with him was positive.

A

AntiOTF

That's just you being selfish right now, and too blind to see he's trying to buy his way back into the good graces of the community. Forget about the people who may have lost hundreds of dollars of valubles, because he gave you back [pieces of your "luck suit", that now makes him ok with you. What a selfish thing to say.

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was to convince the world he didn't exist.

K

kahlia

<blockquote><hr>

Hey Kahlia,

I don't know the full Puffy history here, but a few weeks ago he and his guildmates killed my pvm'er (I was stupid) and looted all my junk. Puffy went out of his way to give me back most of my 1351 luck suit. I was impressed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info Croaker

Personally, I will never trust him and hope that you are not yet another one of his targets. He wants you to be impressed...

If everyone was non-trusting, and aware of his true intentions, there would be no more targets.

K

kahlia

<blockquote><hr>

That's just you being selfish right now, and too blind to see he's trying to buy his way back into the good graces of the community. Forget about the people who may have lost hundreds of dollars of valubles, because he gave you back [pieces of your "luck suit", that now makes him ok with you. What a selfish thing to say.

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was to convince the world he didn't exist.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do agree with part of your thinking, he is definitely trying to get into the good graces of the community. If the community doesn't trust him, there are very few potential targets. If the community does trust him, many potential targets are possible.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I do agree with part of your thinking, he is definitely trying to get into the good graces of the community. If the community doesn't trust him, there are very few potential targets. If the community does trust him, many potential targets are possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can anyone rehabilitate his reputation unless he does good things? Are we beyond forgiveness on this shard?

Personally, I am not beyond beleiving people can change (for better or worse). Anyone can change for the better and the only way to prove it is by doing good things. If we close ourselves to this premis, then the only thing someone who wishes to change can do is leave. Too many have left already.

G

<blockquote><hr>

How can anyone rehabilitate his reputation unless he does good things? Are we beyond forgiveness on this shard?

Personally, I am not beyond beleiving people can change (for better or worse). Anyone can change for teh better and the only way to prove it is by doing good things. If we close ourselves to this premis, then the only thing someone who wishes to change can do is leave. Too many have left already.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is why I consider you a leader. *nods*

U

unforgivenUO

anybody can rehab the rep.
Trouble is there are trust issues
Thus it takes 100 "attaboys" to wipe out one "awww [censored]"

G

One attaboy at a time then. *nods* And no. He can not try it on.

A

AntiOTF

<blockquote><hr>

Personally, I am not beyond beleiving people can change (for better or worse). Anyone can change for the better and the only way to prove it is by doing good things. If we close ourselves to this premis, then the only thing someone who wishes to change can do is leave. Too many have left already.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I ever have to go up for parole, I'll be sure to memorize this speech. *chuckles*

A

AntiOTF

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Personally, I am not beyond beleiving people can change (for better or worse). Anyone can change for teh better and the only way to prove it is by doing good things. If we close ourselves to this premis, then the only thing someone who wishes to change can do is leave. Too many have left already.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is why I consider you a leader. *nods*

[/ QUOTE ]

Another very important trait a true leader must possess is intuition, and the ability to perceive sincerity from bs.

G

<blockquote><hr>

anybody can rehab the rep.
Trouble is there are trust issues
Thus it takes 100 "attaboys" to wipe out one "awww [censored]"

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it depends on the significance of each "awww [censored]. Some "awww [censored]s" take maybe a thousand "attaboys", while some may take only a couple (IMHO).

A

AntiOTF

<blockquote><hr>

Do you think a person can not change?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes people can change, but evil will never change.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Another very important trait a true leader must possess is intuition, and the ability to perceive sincerity from bs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. This is what makes the attaboy count high for major (or multiple) transgressions. Gives a leader time to evalutate the person's motives.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a very personal disagreement. This kind is harder to correct.

K

kahlia

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, some people never change...

I am sorry I ever posted anything, and to anyone I may have offended please accept my apology. My opinion will remain the same and I sincerely hope that in a few months I am not once again reading the I hate Puffy threads.

A

AntiOTF

IMO, if a person truly wants to change, they can start out by making wrong things right. If they feel badly about doing someone wrong, the first thing to do is make things right with that person, then go from there. These are actions that i feel a person truly wanting to change will take, not just ones that suits his/her needs at that present time.

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. This is what makes the attaboy count high for major (or multiple) transgressions. Gives a leader time to evalutate the person's motives.

[/ QUOTE ]
If person A harms person B then the Leader asks person A to go to person B to
get person B to tell person A what two actions person A can do as evidence
that person A has changed his ways.
If person A will not do those actions then that shows that he must not be
trusted. Of course if the two actions chosen by person B are too difficult or
just impossible then the last action person A can do is ask for forgiveness!
Person B does not have too. Either way... the each knows where each stands.
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

G

<blockquote><hr>

If person A harms person B then the Leader asks person A to go to person B to
get person B to tell person A what two actions person A can do as evidence
that person A has changed his ways.
If person A will not do those actions then that shows that he must not be
trusted. Of course if the two actions chosen by person B are too difficult or
just impossible then the last action person A can do is ask for forgiveness!
Person B does not have too. Either way... the each knows where each stands.
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

[/ QUOTE ]

This is like a mathematical formula (and I was already part of the mathematizing of this issue). However, I think it is a bit more abstract.

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

There is a problem with it... the Leader would have to know that person A
did harm person B.
Too many people think in this game and in rl they can get away with anything
as long as those in authority can be fooled.
The danger occurs when the authority stops trusting...
In this game, the guildmaster can get to the point that he/she can not trust the
membership. But, that is why others use spies. Destruction from within the
guild. I sympathize with those leaders who have to make choices upon mere
words of others. You will never find me as a spy...I have only one account on
UO.
By the way, using spies is a legal tactic. It should be expected by everyone!
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

I

imported_Luka Melehan

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

*is tempted to start another discussion on the nature of evil, but knows she'll just get grounded again*

*goes back to ROT*

I

imported_Magnolia

<blockquote><hr>

One attaboy at a time then. *nods* And no. He can not try it on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Soooo what do you think of someone that keeps a stolen item that was shown the ebay duns for payment of $170 to prove thieft? Is that person not as guilty and then goes around and tells lies about the person that person is wronging by keeping it... Or how about a person that was part of a team that taught a certain person how to be "faster" but then reports him years later to get his account banned... Or how about someone that is part of a group that kicks out of guild a very nice person just because that person complains about a certain member giving out juicy burps on vent? Kicks her out and makes her kos and then preceeds to go after her on map before she even knows she has been kosed by her own guild... And continues to trash her until she leaves siege in tears?

Well Kelmo... I wish you all would get over this idea about your rights of passing judgement on anyone because no one now has a higher ground to stand on to do so...

G

Well, it's prudent to take precautions when someone has a reputation like that. However, I also know how the internet (and these board) can paint someone in an excessively negative light.

So, I'll take the comments here under advisement, and apply my own judgement to any "deals" I make with anyone in the game.

W

Whutupcuz

id let puffy wear my inquis gloves

SHOUT OUT TO MY HOMIE PUFF DOLLAZ WHUT UP CUZ!!!!!

O AND DA FUDD!!!

W

Whutupcuz

antiotf you speak of evil as if it was created b puffy or something. Since the begining of time there has always been a Evil villian and a Good hero. There has to be evil for there to be good and vis versa. So you see puffy makes the balance for siege, or otherwise we would have trees with colorful leaves, and a moongate that has the option to step into felucia get my point???

C

CorwinWE

QueenZen sayeth <blockquote><hr>

IMO, if a person truly wants to change, they can start out by making wrong things right. If they feel badly about doing someone wrong, the first thing to do is make things right with that person, then go from there. These are actions that i feel a person truly wanting to change will take, not just ones that suits his/her needs at that present time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. An apology is where redemption starts, then and only then can trust start to be earned back.

Still, there's no magic formula. If a "jerk" wants something, they'll play along with whatever game they feel is necessary to get it - and then try to pull things off when you're not looking.

Of course there are ways to deal with untrustworthy people in a manner where they can't burn you... don't give them access to your stuff, trade with them only via in-game systems, or use a third party broker, etc, etc.

Back when houses could be stolen in UO, only the people I trusted the most knew where my house was on Atlantic. Probably worked out for the better since I had a grandfathered large tower with a small smithy on the roof which I ended up selling when I quit for a nice sum. But if anyone who knew about it wanted to be spitefull they could have at any point over the years paged a GM and it probably would have been deleted.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WEll since this thread is back up on big page one!

LEt the flaming begin!!!

*pours gasoline on kelmos sheep farm"

G

<blockquote><hr>

LEt the flaming begin!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah but then the question remains mr trying to reform... did ya light the match on his gasoline soaked sheep farm... or not ??

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

LEt the flaming begin!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
The black-sheep of the family of sheep has strayed too far from the fold!
The original post was about Balance of power on Siege.
Now where is that sheep-dog to keep the herd in the meadow?
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im a smoker, that part was an accident.... I thought I put the cig out before I threw it in

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ahh, the art of threadomancy lives. The world is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was that threadomancy or a bit of sarcasm?

G

What the heck IS threadomancy anyhow ??

pfft all these newfangled names and things !!!

G

Oh oh oh!!! Okay I really have nothing to contribute to the thread I just want to show off my new sig! WOOOT! oh btw I like Puff, we get along great.

Yeah ME!

I

imported_Magnolia

<blockquote><hr>

Oh oh oh!!! Okay I really have nothing to contribute to the thread I just want to show off my new sig! WOOOT! oh btw I like Puff, we get along great.

Yeah ME!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice sig M...

Puffy does like the ladies...:)...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah ME!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice sig. Elves can be damn hot! Tis a boy or girl?

G

Threadomancy is the ancient and revered art of reviving a dead thread.

The power of the threadomancer is usually evident from the age of the dead thread.

G

Lady of course! purple skin pink hair, could be a gay elf i suppose but nope tis a female!

thanks Mag, and others, I like it too!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Lady of course! purple skin pink hair, could be a gay elf i suppose but nope tis a female!

thanks Mag, and others, I like it too!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I was being crass. It is a good sig and I knew she was female!