• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Interesting times. Balance of power on Siege.

G

I have been a noob on Siege for several years. I do not think I have ever seen anything quite like what we have going now. Two major alliances and one really strong guild. There are many other guilds and solo artists out there as well.

There have been alliances and strong guilds before. I realize that. This situation just seems different, at least in my opinion. I do not think this could happen on any other shard. I could be wrong. It has been a long time since I spent more than a few minutes on any shard other than Siege.

Please discuss. Leave the attacks out of this discussion please. I am curious as to how the dynamics of this situation are viewed by my favorite folks to spend time with. My friends and my enemies.

G

I think we do have something that is very Siege-specific.
Our population is small, and we have just undergone a lot of consolidation.
There has also been a renewed interest in factions, and our faction model is not identical to that of other shards.

I do feel that sacrificing Magincia to the daemon invasion was a mistake, but what is done is done, and not being in factions myself, I cannot speak first-hand on the impact of having to boat over each time a sigil needs stealing. I am fairly certain that the membership of COM is at an all time low - but, I could be wrong.

It also appears that combat is gradually moving away from Luna, and, in my humble opinion, that can only be a good thing. Now, if we could only convince the developers to drop a few more guard zones, we would truly be living in interesting times...

In other matters, I note a gradual move back towards archery as the predominant combat skill. Is this purely due to the dismounting ability, or are there other reasons?

G

*chuckles* I claim to have fought off all that wanted to defend Magincia. That is just smoke and mirrors. No one really tried. I am still curious as to how this affects the shard.

A

Ayibal Luganu

i think with respect to archery and others options and speaking of my case, only exist any weapons with habilities really important for pvp: Dismount, Infectius, croshing and concussion blow, and Ignore armor and only have 7 or 8 weapons with good conditions for this: Ornate Axe, Hatchet, Cleaver, crossbow, heavy crossbow, Composite, kryss, katana and little more. This is sword 50 %. archery 35% and fencing 15%.

Beside, I think it is normal a change of style in chars, especially for contrarrest any templates with more power in siege now. Everything evolves and to much more in this shard.

The attack to distance without caster is more effective with your specials habilities vs tamers, for example. Ninjitsu and bow is very strong i think vs all char.

I think it is only a evolves of pvp in Siege and i consider is good for all this changes because helps to maintain the illusion climbing or modifying our char always to adapt the new conditions and evolves in the Shard forcing to is active if you want to be better in Siege.

I

imported_mo'gluk

stop talking about my britches..

I think the power struggle has been interesting, it reminds me of the past days of cybertron when the slaves of the quintesson rose up and fought off their master and became the progenitors of the autobots....

P

pikon198

werd to big bird, them transformers sure know how to kick robot arse!

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

*chuckles* I claim to have fought off all that wanted to defend Magincia. That is just smoke and mirrors. No one really tried. I am still curious as to how this affects the shard.

[/ QUOTE ]After Pvpers showed with only the intentions
to fight those killing the monsters, the event was just over with for me.
I can not kill that many pvpers and kill monsters at the same time. So,
Kelmo, that game was over with from the start.

The choice was the Pvpers on Siege Perilous that cause Magincia's end.
Do not weep for Magincia...may it stay a waste land.
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

G

Quit Staring!!!

Regarding the power struggle, I'm guessing it is temporary in it's current form. KOC/TnA are only temporarily field-allied in order to combat the JSV dismounter/petball-tamer squad.

It's a metastable situation.

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

I have been a noob on Siege for several years. I do not think I have ever seen anything quite like what we have going now. Two major alliances and one really strong guild. There are many other guilds and solo artists out there as well.

There have been alliances and strong guilds before. I realize that. This situation just seems different, at least in my opinion. I do not think this could happen on any other shard. I could be wrong. It has been a long time since I spent more than a few minutes on any shard other than Siege.

Please discuss. Leave the attacks out of this discussion please. I am curious as to how the dynamics of this situation are viewed by my favorite folks to spend time with. My friends and my enemies.

[/ QUOTE ]Every week several dozen players
come to this shard with thier own self-interest, only a few are satisfied and stay.
At the same time, the long time players are leaving mostly because they are
not satisfied by what happens in the game.

Case in point is Major-Jax... Even though he had many different events, and ideas
to support Pvping ... he just did not get the results he wanted. Was Major-Jax
clueless about the shard? I just believe there was little or no cooperation to his
ideas.

So, Siege Perilous' on going problem is Cooperation vs Self-interest of the players.
If anyone could solve that in terms of the game... Siege Perilous will improve.
If not, then lack of player satisfication will continue to cause elder players to
move on.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

Quit Staring!!!

Regarding the power struggle, I'm guessing it is temporary in it's current form. KOC/TnA are only temporarily field-allied in order to combat the JSV dismounter/petball-tamer squad.

It's a metastable situation.

[/ QUOTE ] Where is the Soul of this game?... certainly not how you play, but should be why you play! The goal is always to have fun.
But, to just kill and be kill is that Cowboy and Indians game. I believe those who
Cooperate should build a Civilization, and everything one else be the Barbarians.
Right now, there are less Barbarians...put some thought into an inclusive culture
for all players.
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

S

Sir Ha-ward

Assuming you are talking about the current JSV zerg vs. Tnt/KOC . I feel like the TnT-KOC groups were pretty much pushed together seeing as they both have similar templates, players, and attitudes. Though i do feel the alliance is temporary until JSV has been put back in their place I feel afterwards that both TnT and KOC will have a new respect for each other and even on the battlefield will show each other said respect.

I

imported_Luka Melehan

Sometimes I forget how different Siege is. The other day someone complained in UHall about a mage being able to get spells into his house, where for us this is a common day glitch that we either choose, or choose not to prepare for.

Not being a PvPer by nature, one of the reasons I used to enjoy Siege was the element of risk while farming. Krystal, WyRm, Righty, Ibi and her bunch seemed to make the rounds daily and it was great fun. I remember the scotsman sieging my first house in MYTH off and on for about a week. Castor and his one man army, and Dante's bunch were a real threat in living next to Umbra in my early TnT days.

Things are much different now. I can literally set my pet up for life force gathering, hide and go take a shower without fear of being killed. Farming is plain boring. I do not have the time I used to have to play, so I am left with wondering what would be the best way to alter my play to make it fun again. The upside with our alliance right now is the spawning and peerless, which i do enjoy alot. All the new additions have been a joy to vent with and do faction play with. But what to do about my personal play? That is the question.

G

It's true that farming has changed in the risk-reward category. I don't enjoy it as much any more, but then again, that's also possibly just the cyclic boredom that comes into the game. Right now, I'm working up my stealth archer and peaceing on my tamer to better fight the JSV gank. I'm still negative on the kills-deaths ratio, but I'm way positive on killing pets!

Normally, when I get bored with part of the game, I put it away for a few months and do something else. If you are bored with farming, go farm something else/different. Start a crafter for a while, I actually enjoy mining and lumberjacking occasionally, and I'm thinking to add fishing to my crafter next and inscribe to my mage next. Soulstones are your friend.

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

and I'm thinking to add fishing to my crafter next

[/ QUOTE ]

Youll also need some type of offensive skill here when you fish up monsters.
Four years ago I decided to put fishing on my crafter, i think i recently got to 60 . Id rather whack it with an SoS pad than gain fishing. Most boring skill ever gain ever.

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

Note: We are cooperating to kill JSV!

[/ QUOTE ]
What happens when they are gone? Do not assume that there will be someone else.
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

G

If the past is any indication, there will be another flavor guild once JSV is spread to the winds. A guild of JSV is certainly do, people have egos and egos will do far more to destroy a guild then any shard alliance will to disappate them

I have been very torn about pulling allistan out of SKUL, I left a particular alliance out of principle and seems now the one char I do play occassionally is stuck in there with them again. So the way I see it either play solo or join TnT or KOC but the char is not mine to make such a decision with, and well Grot doesn't play much these days. Scratch that Grot doesn't play these days besides when I do log on, its for such short spurts and the spurts are rather far a part maybe twice a month so it probably doesn't really matter accept for the fact there is the whole principle thing and well I am a person of rather strong principles

A

AntiOTF

I don't like this hand holding crap myself, it makes me wanna puke. I think EA should disband the whole guild option on siege, and make everyone fight for survival. Enough with this hand holding bull.

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

I am basically a nobody on this shard

[/ QUOTE ]

So what makes you think your opinion would matter to anyone?
just curious...
Of course your prolly the type of person that would bash us on here then send puffy icqs begging to join.

I

imported_Krystal

<blockquote><hr>

I think it is ridiculous that TnA would associate themselves with KOC for any reason. Wasn't it not long ago that the shard was bashing Ibichi for taking in Puffy, Revvo, and the other "not so nice people". Now it is ok to field alliance with them though? Why is it ok now? Talk about hypocrites. I am basically a nobody on this shard, but would never in anyway, or for any reason, want to be associated with such losers. Sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmm, over half the people who has joined KOC has done the same thing....
i just find ur statement funny, specially that u make sure to point out TNT

K

kahlia

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

just curious...

<font color="red"> It does not matter to me if my opinion means anything to anyone. It is just that, my opinion. I am just surprised that TnA would want to associate with Puffy (KOC) at all. TnT/TnA is a great guild. The members are honest, fun, sincere, and want the best for Siege. How is supporting Puffy in any way going to improve Siege?

Here is the scenario...we have JSV who is obviously annoying the shard with their stealth tamers, or KOC, who is led by Puffy , need I say more??

Siege is a dieing shard...

Why would anyone on this shard prefer to align themselves with known griefers and ****s? It is like saying, we would prefer to run the honest players on the shard off (because their lame tactics of using stealth taming ganks are bothering us) and support and create a temporary alliance with the biggest jerks in the game?

This a great way to kill Siege completely. Whoever associates themselves with Puffy and his friends become the same...</font>

Of course your prolly the type of person that would bash us on here then send puffy icqs begging to join.

<font color="red">I can guarantee that I would never even have Puffy on my icq contact list... </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

A

AntiOTF

Didn't you know, this is the shard that forgets everything. You can scam or hack, then let 1 week go by, and the entire shard will welcome you with open arms. My bad, I thought you knew that already. I think you need to go look up the word "community"... it's definition is as follows....

Community: Always forgive scammers, hackers, and account thieves, just so long as they wait 1 real life week, then put something on their vendor of great value, and sell it to the public below market price!.... Robinhood ftw! ( Hi Revvo!)

Geez, you would think you knew that already! *shakes head*

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

just curious...

<font color="red"> It does not matter to me if my opinion means anything to anyone. It is just that, my opinion. I am just surprised that TnA would want to associate with Puffy (KOC) at all. TnT/TnA is a great guild. The members are honest, fun, sincere, and want the best for Siege. How is supporting Puffy in any way going to improve Siege?

Here is the scenario...we have JSV who is obviously annoying the shard with their stealth tamers, or KOC, who is led by Puffy , need I say more??

Siege is a dieing shard...

Why would anyone on this shard prefer to align themselves with known griefers and ****s? It is like saying, we would prefer to run the honest players on the shard off (because their lame tactics of using stealth taming ganks are bothering us) and support and create a temporary alliance with the biggest jerks in the game?

This a great way to kill Siege completely. Whoever associates themselves with Puffy and his friends become the same...</font>

<font color="red">I can guarantee that I would never even have Puffy on my icq contact list... </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

just curious if you havnt taken the time to get to know me how can you assume/pass judgement on me?

Anyone friend or foe who has taken the time to get to know me, KNOW that Im not a bad person. Get over the drama in the past Ive said this serveral times in the last few weeks. Im trying to get people together to play and have fun DRAMA FREE! anyone who has played with me in vent/map knows that im not a serious person and i play to have fun and laugh with friends... so buddy please move along.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

well I think both points of view have their validity. It is a good thing to put past issues behind. But also their is a completely valid approach to not trust someone who claims to have changed. its unfortunately a hard place to be in, I can see both sides of the argument say that I understand and can sympathize with both.

*goes back to boring wedding reception*

[/ QUOTE ]

who have I asked anything from?

who have I asked to trust me?

when have I denied that I had scooped those items in the past?

its not like i was playing under another name trying to be someone im not... Ive always played my character and never denied things ive done... srsly like everyone here are angels, gimme a break... actually dont its all good

S

Sir Ha-ward

Thats one thing you can expect from the KOCs , we not shamed of anything, nor anyone , that weve done in the past. If any of us say we straight with ya, then you can pretty much guarantee that. None of us really fake in here, and all the things Puffy has been called in the past by even the worst of enemies , hes never called him a liar

I

imported_mo'gluk

well you know how I feel about you guys pretty much the same I take you guys for who you are. what I was saying that I can see both sides of the people who aren't going to want to trust you when you say you don't want drama....

I wasn't trying to suggest that you were asking for anything. I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth I apologize....

*goes to eat more food*

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i mean even me and u are and always have been on good terms mo... i give what i get, u know what i mean by that?

I

imported_mo'gluk

yep I agree... I applaud what your doing sometimes we don't see eye to eye but thats just life if I agreed with everyone around me Iwould have to be a pretty spineless individual.

I

imported_Magnolia

<blockquote><hr>

Thats one thing you can expect from the KOCs , we not shamed of anything, nor anyone , that weve done in the past. If any of us say we straight with ya, then you can pretty much guarantee that. None of us really fake in here, and all the things Puffy has been called in the past by even the worst of enemies , hes never called him a liar

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely trust Puffy... He and his brother... Knew his brother first and trusted him completely to be honest.. Never new him to lie to me and in all the posting I've read from puffy.. I never saw him bash with seriousness of personal attack like this Kahlia is getting away with now... I have never seen Puffy being intentionally mean to intentional hurt anyone.... Perhaps he has lost his temper before like us all but Puffy is a fun loving guy that I trust... He doesn't lie.. And he isn't mean... Perhaps a little devilish but that is the charm of him... And if you all have not noticed how he is continuing to turn the other cheek and bending with the blows from these personal attacks coming his way, then please let me be the one to point this out to you...

And before you start comparing the people of koc to the people of tna... Please please please... don't go there... get over it and realize we are all related and intertwined now.. This no pure breed tribe on Siege ... Very likely we have all at one time or another been part of each other's group..

A

AntiOTF

<blockquote><hr>

is revvo even playing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno, it was just the way he used to buy his way back in the good graces of the community.

A

AntiOTF

<blockquote><hr>

Thats one thing you can expect from the KOCs , we not shamed of anything, nor anyone , that weve done in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true, go to siege perilious .net and quote in this thread what Revvo and Feyre admits you guys done. This way, since you're not ashamed of course, the entire shard can know without a doubt, the kind of "nice gentlemen" they're dealing with. That is of course, if you're not ashame.

A

AntiOTF

<blockquote><hr>

i mean even me and u are and always have been on good terms mo... i give what i get, u know what i mean by that?

[/ QUOTE ]

So what did you give to the guy who lost his inquis gloves? Inquirring minds wanna know.

C

CorwinWE

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. There have been plenty of uber-alliances and zerg guilds which have joined the shard in the past. Eventually things settled out by hook (beat down) or crook (boredom).

So what feels different about the current situation?

One thing I've always done on Siege when the roving gank squads were out of control was to look for PvP in less traveled areas (you know, like IanVille *winks*, or CWS, or Orc/Und, or ICE, or EiG, or PTK, etc, etc).

I knew the shard was in big trouble, though, when those areas became the new hot spots.

K

kahlia

<blockquote><hr>

Anyone friend or foe who has taken the time to get to know me, KNOW that Im not a bad person. Get over the drama in the past Ive said this serveral times in the last few weeks. Im trying to get people together to play and have fun DRAMA FREE! anyone who has played with me in vent/map knows that im not a serious person and i play to have fun and laugh with friends... so buddy please move along.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me, I do not like drama. Honestly, this really was not even about you, it was about character, integrity, and respect. None of which you have ever shown to anyone on this shard. Oh and btw...I am definitely not your buddy.

K

kahlia

<blockquote><hr>

I completely trust Puffy...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I hope you are not his next victim...

G

*chuckles* I still have a pair of gloves looted off Corwin from what I believe is the first time he was defeated in Iantown.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

So what did you give to the guy who lost his inquis gloves? Inquirring minds wanna know.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is Puff ummm antiotf or whaetver ur poster name is... I paid him in my good looks with them on... And he was perfectly paid in full I believe... I didnt use any kind of exploit to get them soooo please live in 2005 much?

but then again i should prolly expect this your still talking about how much you pwned people back in 98-00 with an AOH?

live in the past a little more? I mean when you havnt quite lived up to what you once were and prolly will never achieve again.... I guess I can understand why hes living in the past :p Darkness hands down best pvper of the decade... Cheapsuit is a close 2nd though

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me, I do not like drama. Honestly, this really was not even about you, it was about character, integrity, and respect. None of which you have ever shown to anyone on this shard. Oh and btw...I am definitely not your buddy.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is Puffy from my uncles computer....

just proved how little you know or can understand yet again..... Ive never shown any? Oh ok..... And I have none either right? But Ive never shown it to anyone yet IVe seen numerous people say that everything you speak of is jibberish.....

so khalia or whatev....

STORYTIME. You must have wrote the book on this.

A

AntiOTF

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt use any kind of exploit to get them soooo please live in 2005 much?

[/ QUOTE ]

And do you think that makes you less of a ****** bag, or more of a ****** Bag?

I personally would respect you more if you did exploit them off his hands, rather than to gain his "TRUST", then stab him in his back.

G

Hey Kahlia,

I don't know the full Puffy history here, but a few weeks ago he and his guildmates killed my pvm'er (I was stupid) and looted all my junk. Puffy went out of his way to give me back most of my 1351 luck suit. I was impressed.