• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Interesting news about dragons.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was looking through the list on the "Test Center 1 Has Been Updated" list and saw this. I'm sure many adventurers will be taken by surprise when they die, and tamers will be chasing after them drooling.

Certain Dragons have been buffed; they are now more powerful than Cu-Sidhe, Reptalons, or Hiryus but take 5 control slots

Yes thats right super dragons will be coming to our shard very soon. I can see the rush to tame them already. Dragons will now get the proper respect they deserve.

G

What concerns me the most is that 'certain' dragons will receive the enhancements. How are we to know which are which? I applauded the changes to swoop despite the fact I often spent hours there harvesting gold and feathers. I currently spend hours in Destard harvesting hides with my cu-sidhe. I think this is also a positive change. I wonder if dragons will now be as impressive as White Wyrms used to be as pets.....

L

Lord Franklin

I haven't checked them out on test center, but I'd guess you'd be able to lore them... if they haven't roasted you with their flame breath while you're studying them! Five slots, though... wonder if we could get some tailors to craft us dragon saddles so we can ride them?

Franklin

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I was looking through the list on the "Test Center 1 Has Been Updated" list and saw this. I'm sure many adventurers will be taken by surprise when they die, and tamers will be chasing after them drooling.

Certain Dragons have been buffed; they are now more powerful than Cu-Sidhe, Reptalons, or Hiryus but take 5 control slots

Yes thats right super dragons will be coming to our shard very soon. I can see the rush to tame them already. Dragons will now get the proper respect they deserve.

[/ QUOTE ]Oh good lord! Not another overpowered pet!

*has war-vet type flashbacks of when tamers could walk around with as many dragons as they wanted* If its going to be a "super dragon" then it should be absolutely untamable! I say that the dragon should be able to peace,provoke,and tame the player's character!! After all the dragon of lore is more intelegent than any mage could hope to be.How could something so wise be so easily tricked into following a silly human that it could chomp down on once and have a meal?

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kinda makes me wonder if they are gonna' buff the drakes as well...And I wonder if the dragons already bonded/stabled will be unaffected by this change? Hmmm. So many questions.

I can solo an ancient wrym with my reptalon now, and kill any dragon in the game with it...well, with ONE exception. And yeah, I consider a reptalon a dragon. But to my knowledge (Except for Rikktor, champ spawn) the Rend is the most powerful dragon in the game right now. I don't know of anyone that can solo him. Maybe there is someone, but I've just never seen it happen with my own eyes. Yeah, don't forget the rend, he's a meenie.

Thank you for the heads-up. I went out this morning and was lucky enough that the very first white wyrm I ran into was a pure white. Then I tamed a red and brown dragon. So, unless they come out with a different color, I have all the colors.
Thanks Vallend for the heads up.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm quite shocked that more people didn't reply to this post. I am very nearvous about the change...Not angered by it...just nearvous.

A

Aang

Lady Nico had a thread (tamers forum maybe?) about these a few weeks ago. They do not seem overpowered as they do take all 5 slots and are slow movers. Regardless, look up her thread (if I get the energy, I'll try to dig up a link).

*edit* Here it is.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Lady Nico had a thread (tamers forum maybe?) about these a few weeks ago. They do not seem overpowered as they do take all 5 slots and are slow movers. Regardless, look up her thread (if I get the energy, I'll try to dig up a link).

*edit* Here it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Aang, you couldn't be more wrong. Please check out my experience with dragons that I had "this" evening ( 2-8-08' )

A

Aang

<blockquote><hr>

Sorry Aang, you couldn't be more wrong. Please check out my experience with dragons that I had "this" evening ( 2-8-08' )

[/ QUOTE ]

Nico has tamed many of them. Sorry you had trouble with them. Besides, they get the typical tame nerf once the pet is tamed so they aren't so uber post tame, which of course is a good thing.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will non-taming templates also get a buff to balance this new dragon? Normal dragons already dispell my ev's with ease if I don't have them peaced.Whats going to be the next dragon that tamers can tame? Rikktor?

A

Aang

<blockquote><hr>

Whats going to be the next dragon that tamers can tame? Rikktor?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got the stable room for him

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Nico has tamed many of them. Sorry you had trouble with them. Besides, they get the typical tame nerf once the pet is tamed so they aren't so uber post tame, which of course is a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, don't get me wrong...I love a challenge. I like that dragons might now get some respect. I mean...ok, here goes, time to show my "nerdy side" ....I have an entire room that is literally coated with dragon posters. I have dragon statues and decorative dragon "wallhangings" dragon prints on clothing that I wear. I mean...dragons are cool. ***NO offense to Cu-Sidhe lovers, I swear, I own a Cu-Sidhe myself*** But I'd like to think that a dragon would be more impressive, powerful, and more feared than some big ole' wolf with pretty colors . Again, I have nothing against Cu-Sidhe's, I have one myself. I just think its time that dragons are able to raise more eyebrows again.

And yeah, I wouldn't want them to hold same properties once tamed. Thank you for feedback Aang.

G

than some big ole' wolf

Tread lightly here pup....or some big old wolf may just take a bite out of you!!\\

G

Now I am worried. I too have a room full of Dragon posters, dragon statues, and I also have a dragon tattoo.

Now to train up my ice serp so he can help my CU hunt these new drags.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Now I am worried. I too have a room full of Dragon posters, dragon statues, and I also have a dragon tattoo.

Now to train up my ice serp so he can help my CU hunt these new drags.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is an ice serpent? Did I miss something? Oh...while I am asking that...um, when I was out the other day taming a white wyrm I saw ice elementals...when the heck did those come out?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-
You mean these? Acording to Stratics they arn't tamable. Was there an update?

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ah...Thank you Gildar.
I don't think there will come a day when I don't learn something new about UO. That is what makes UO so kick butt.