• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Interesting Email - Extended gameplay after 1st Aug ??

F

Fire Dragon

I received this today:

Hello xxx

xxx's subscription to The Sims Online™ will expire in 7 days. To continue your game play uninterrupted, just click here to login to your account and activate your billing. In seconds you'll be back in the game.

Don't leave your Sims, friends and neighbors behind! Upgrade to full user status today to keep playing The Sims Online. Upgrading is fast and easy and there are many different payment options to choose from.

(tic) Does this mean we can continue playing after 1st Aug if we activate the billing? No wonder ppl are still having billing issues if they haven't bothered to sort through their automated billing/expiry notices. Makes you wonder how many ppl will be getting billed after the game closes down, cos from what I have read there were still ppl being billed.

G

Gilly

Yeah....I am still getting those notices, too. :coco:

They really do not seem to have control over their automated billing & announcement systems, even after several months. :(

Who knows....we may still be getting these email, this time, next year! rolleyes:

L

labyrinth

I am willing to bet at least one person or more still gets billed after Aug. 1.:loser:

L

labyrinth

I am willing to bet at least one person or more still gets billed after Aug. 1.:loser:
I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. And, I figured it would be me too.
I was charged for August.

Already sent Pari an email about it, but if you're still being charged you better do something about it now. Or, you're likely to get charged and charged until you do.:talktothehand:

B

boggslane

Worse - they just pulled the plug on my main account for n0n-payment

Email on it's way to Pari:bdh:

K

KChan

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. And, I figured it would be me too.
I was charged for August.

Already sent Pari an email about it, but if you're still being charged you better do something about it now. Or, you're likely to get charged and charged until you do.:talktothehand:
I just noticed today that I was charged as well. Of course I thought I had checked through my bank statement after the announcement but sure enough I see I was charged each month now.. blah.

K

Katheryne

Somehow I am not surprised. I mean, how can they shut off billing for a game that, according to certain EA senior executives, never even existed? :mad:

B

Bindy

Somehow I am not surprised. I mean, how can they shut off billing for a game that, according to certain EA senior executives, never even existed? :mad:
So does anyone one know whats the best way around getting billed? I mean have they (EA) said we should offically cancel our accounts to avoid being billed? Personally I hope that EA burns in hell but hey thats just me.

G

Gilly

The closest thing to official is Parizad's post on the blog that they can not refund money if the billing information has been deleted.

Since there was no need for them refund me anything....especially if they could not bill me in the first place.....I deleted my billing information at the end of April, and had no problem. rolleyes:

G

Gilmore

So does anyone one know whats the best way around getting billed? I mean have they (EA) said we should offically cancel our accounts to avoid being billed? Personally I hope that EA burns in hell but hey thats just me.
Cancelling your ****ing credit card, though it's funny that EA never acknowledges TSO's existence. **** EA.

C

culbert123

I got the "your subscription will expire in 7 days" email over the weekend.

Is EA so huge that they forgot their supposedly non-existent game was shut down unceremoniously a week or so ago? Or since Nancy Smith never thought it existed to begin with, maybe I'm just imagining that I received that ridiculous email.

How much effort does it take to stop these emails? I just thank my mokie hokies that I got game time cards and never gave EA my cc info for automatic payments, because they would probably be continuing to take my very real money for their closed-down game.

I'm going to jump on the bandwagon here-- :wall:

E

Emma

I feel like complaining to EA for sending me Spam. Not only do they get me to pay again so I can get more from the game, then they tell me it's ending. They then send me emails asking me for more money because my subscription is nearly up on a game that I can't play.

EA :loser: