• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Interesting EA Cross-Promotion

M

Masuo Kenji

I thought I'd like to share this with you all. Since I have a UO account and I beta tested Warhammer Online, I was sent this email by Mythic:

"The worldwide WAAAGH! has begun and the Realm War is under way in
Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning. As a WAR Beta Center account
holder with the ULTIMA ONLINE SUBSCRIBER association, we'd like to
reward you with a special in-game trophy: THE AVATAR'S ANKH. Wear
this unique trophy proudly on the battlefields of WAR to show your
allegiance to the MMORPG that started it all, Ultima Online."

Kinda funny seeing something come from the Ultima universe put into Warhammer.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... the hell kind of name for a promotion is "WAAAGH!"?? o_O

T

Teeshy

... the hell kind of name for a promotion is "WAAAGH!"?? o_O
My husband's just read over my shoulder, and told me to tell you it's part of the Warhammer Universe, it's like a battle/warcry of the Orks - they have banners and stuff with WAAAGH on them ;)

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe iam living in euro lands, and i only got an email for DAoC and Warhammer Combo, iam asking what is with UO Costumers ;).

But first, UO is and will be the best MMO out there, Warhammer is :sleep2: compared with classic UO Faction Wars.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My husband's just read over my shoulder, and told me to tell you it's part of the Warhammer Universe, it's like a battle/warcry of the Orks - they have banners and stuff with WAAAGH on them ;)
Still doesn't make it an appropriate promotion name though. :p

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's the Orc Pronunciation of the human word "WAR", if I remember by Warhammer lore correctly (Warhammer as a tabletop miniatures game in both fantasy and 40K settings has been around for over 20 years, about half that as an RPG - long before the MMO, and has built up an INSANE amount of universal lore - a lot of it through the fans' creations in things like White Dwarf magazine)

R

Rix/\

sounds like failure to me, I'm pretty sick of seeing mmo games with orcs trolls wizards warriors. I wanna play cowboys, I wanna see a Western MMO game, everyones got a MMO game either about space or midevil times. Warhammer doesn't sound all that great, I see the advertisement thinking gee just what we need another midevil MMO like this ones gonna be different.

C

Coppelia

Still doesn't make it an appropriate promotion name though. :p
If the target is Games Workshop players, it's totally appropriate. They will know what it means and identify to it.

D

D'Amavir

sounds like failure to me, I'm pretty sick of seeing mmo games with orcs trolls wizards warriors. I wanna play cowboys, I wanna see a Western MMO game, everyones got a MMO game either about space or midevil times. Warhammer doesn't sound all that great, I see the advertisement thinking gee just what we need another midevil MMO like this ones gonna be different.
Me too! But, I am not sure how successful a western themed MMO would be in this day and age. Not saying it won't happen of course, just that I don't know if it would be a big seller or that the designers could come up with enough depth to make it long lasting.

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrrrr, mayhaps a Rodeo Roundup UO test shard would work for Rix... We could break out our lariats and lasso us some horses and centaurs and nightmares! Rawhide!!

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many thanks for letting us know about this.

Potentially many positive implications from this.

-Galen's player

R

Rix/\

Arrrrr, mayhaps a Rodeo Roundup UO test shard would work for Rix... We could break out our lariats and lasso us some horses and centaurs and nightmares! Rawhide!!
um no

I want bank/train robbery, gunfights at the UOK corral, rolling into town with my posse. I can lay it all out but I want to save the ideas for someone that can put them to work. Of course this is possible with any RP game just need some imagination. But I'm pretty bored with wizards warriors orcs trolls dungeons dragons and all the mid evil.

.....wait maybe UO could evolve. Lay down the primative swords modify that cannon to a smaller weapon. 11yrs old UO mid evil technology advances. Races mix resulting into players being able to choose not only human elf or gargoyle but a half breed races.

S

Sheridan

Ever play the Deadlands tabletop RPG? I'd love to see an MMO based off that system and world.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
!!! I am impressed with whomever did this!

I think it was very nice. Thank you for sharing it.

C

Ceridwen

I thought I'd like to share this with you all. Since I have a UO account and I beta tested Warhammer Online, I was sent this email by Mythic:

"The worldwide WAAAGH! has begun and the Realm War is under way in
Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning. As a WAR Beta Center account
holder with the ULTIMA ONLINE SUBSCRIBER association, we'd like to
reward you with a special in-game trophy: THE AVATAR'S ANKH. Wear
this unique trophy proudly on the battlefields of WAR to show your
allegiance to the MMORPG that started it all, Ultima Online."

Kinda funny seeing something come from the Ultima universe put into Warhammer.
All I can say is:
Awesome! :) Finally some advertising for it.
Thanks Mythic! :)

K

kennykilleduo

LOL , this is a game like UO COULD have been....

Coldren

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got one as well. Really liking Warhammer. A lot. I got into beta and stopped playing UO almost completely.

But can you imagine? UO's gameplay with WAR's engine?

One can only dream.

M

monnie101

WAAGH! :D It's our battlecry! We always see it and be prepared to hear it a lot lol

The game rocks! It's a ton of fun. I actually posted on it last week or so. Click my videos link in the sig I have vids on YouTube for it. The collectors edition is absolutely a beatifully put together piece.

The game launch was great and the game is definitely a success. Mythic is being great so far (except for the headstart code end date change). Mark Jacobs posts all the time and helps us out a lot. Paul is hilarious. The game has a lot of funny quests and you can get titles for all kinds of stuff. I left loot on corpses a lot and just got "The Litter Bug" lol