• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Interesting Bow

G

Gunga_Din

So I was playing around with fletching today and made a Mystical Shortbow. I'm trying for a Bard/Archer/Mage Template. Check this out...

Velocity 45%
Hit Lower Defense: 42%
Spell Channelling
Hit Chance: 23%
Swing Speed Increase: 10%
Damage Increase 40%

If you consider there is no FC penalty, thats like a 7 mod bow lol. 709 value on an imbuing calculator.

What you think? Good for some PVM action? Think i'll try it out and see how it works.

I used Mystical Shortbow recipe that requires ecru citrines and ash wood. Out of 15 tries with a heartwood runic kit, u might make 3-4 exceptional. Not easy and very expensive.

I just wanted a generalized bow to complement my barding skills.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im a fan of sc bows. and thats a nice one, i would use it on my archer mage tamer (yes was originally a crappy deathsrike dismount pvp tamer) its nice that it has high hit as hit is hard to fit into this type of template.

I love seeing bows like that, proof that imbuing falls way short of "real" crafting. The first time i actually added up imbue weight on a few of my bows i was amazed they were in the low to mid 700s.

G

Gunga_Din

Yea, with the HLD and Hit Chance Increase, thats one area I don't have to bother with my suit. I'll keep messing with them but this one just blew my mind. I might just build a suit around it and stop lol. Getting too costly.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, high end kits and hammers can produce items far better than imbuing, but it's like playing a 6 wheeled slot machine and most of the time you get 3-4 wheels come up jackpot and the remaining wheels come up el crapo mod, but still people keep plugging away and every once in a while someone hits the big one. Try out the bow and let us know how it works for your char.