• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Interested in Paid Freelance Writing about MMOs?

Muckbeast

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

I am the managing editor of the MMO channel on the technology web site Bright Hub. I am looking for a couple more writers who are interested in paid, freelance writing opportunities.

On the MMO channel, we write previews, reviews, guides, analytical articles, industry articles, general MMO articles, etc.

We have a good relationship with developers and publishers, and often get pre-release information to examine and write about. We are not beholden to any specific game advertisers, so you can write your real opinion and analysis. That is a rare thing in the gaming media.

Most articles are 2-4 pages long, with about 400 words per page. The pay is $10 per article up front, and 80% of the advertising revenue share your article generates indefinitely. Once you build up a nice bunch of articles, the residual revenue share is a nice chunk of change for past work! The MMO channel has multiple deadlines per month, and we try to be flexible with writers. Freelance writing is a pretty easy way to make some nice money on your own schedule from your own home.

If you are interested, please send me a PM here or an email to [email protected]

Thanks,