• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Interested in buying a house...

Nizzrym

Visitor
Hello,

I just recently got back into UO after about a 10+ year break. I am at the point where I would love to buy a house in Fel. Are there any websites specific to house trade and shard specific? If not, any advice on the best way to find someone selling a house?

I know location probably means a great deal, but any ideas how much a decent house/plot would cost me? I'm thinking of something like an 18x18 size.

Thank you.

Nizzrym

Visitor
Oh cool... back when I played it was sooo rare for a house to decay, i figured it was useless to look... does it happen a lot more often now? I guess there aren't nearly as many people these days...

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh cool... back when I played it was sooo rare for a house to decay, i figured it was useless to look... does it happen a lot more often now? I guess there aren't nearly as many people these days...
I've been to 12 house decays in the last three days. Yes, it happens extremely often. There are a lot less people still playing than when you left unfortunately. Every shard in the game is just about empty except for Atlantic too.

Most of the time when a house decays no one even bothers to place a new one. They just pick up the loot and leave, so there are tons of empty house spaces around.