• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Insurance bug

F

Finch

I went to the blighted grove as I hadn't been there before, was looking around and ended up targeted, by some 4 headed thing that was moving fast. I go to leave, and run up the wrong way and end up in a little room with harpies and evidently bad air. Long story short, my mage lost everything. When I went, I left anything behind that I didn't want to insure or need, and thought no problem everything else is insured.
Get to brit and after a rez, find nothing but my earrings, and my rune books. My casa, rune beetle carapice, boomstick, shield, glasses, casting jewels, 100% lrc suit all gone. I'm sick. I don't get to play for hours on end, so replacing all that will take more time than I want to think about at the moment, some parts I probably never will replace.
When I do, what should I aim for, what pieces should I am for?

B

BartofCats

are you sure you had auto insure turned on?? its defaulted OFF for some lame reason.

F

Finch

are you sure you had auto insure turned on?? its defaulted OFF for some lame reason.
Yes when I went to insure a new tunic, I saw that it said "cancel renewing inventory insurance". So then I thought maybe I didn't have enough money in the bank and I missed the msg when I died. I went to check that out and I had plenty to insure what I was wearing.

R

RavenWinterHawk

What shard are you on?
Auto renew is different then cancel.
Ive accidently clicked it off.
Usually when everything is gone that is what happens.

That being said. If your on atlantic, Ill give you a few million to replace some stuff.

Whether or not its an insurance bug or not, really doesnt matter. So the offer is open.

F

Finch

What shard are you on?
I am on Chessy. Thanks for the generous offers. What I am wondering is what pieces are worth going after again. Can the rune beetle be found anywhere? I can't remember where I got the boomstick, and is it worth it to get the sheild I think it was from the vesper. I'll get the glasses again but that will take time. Are there other suits or pieces that would be better? If I'm going to rebuild I might as well make it better.

C

Connor_Graham

The RBC & Kasa you'll have to buy unless you've got Tokuno minors you can turn in for them. Last time I checked the RBC was running around 2.5mil on Pacific and the Kasa around the same. Boomsticks can be found for around 150k or so. The armor and jewels of course you'll either have to use your own stuff or find some around on player vendors. You should be able to put together a halfway decent LRC suit for no more than 250-500k depending on the economy on Chessy. The earrings you can farm points for and have them in a day or 2 for no cost. The shield you'll either have to buy from someone, or go out and start chopping trees.

L

Loqucious

I have been bitten by the insurance bug twice. But each time I only lost a single item. This is unfortunate, but it sounds more like a renew insurance mistake.

Sorry for your troubles.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I KNOW from first hand experience that it IS a bug/exploit. Bug on Tram-side and exploit on Fel.

My sis was taking her alchemist to a friend's FEL Yew gate house to crank out poison potions for him. She got ganked twice buy bunch of reds 12 to be exact! :gee: How many reds does it take to kill a non-fighting char? Anyway she knew this would happen and took the precaution off making sure everything she was wearing was bless or insured. She checked and made sure that auto-renew insurance was turned on. She also put a mill check in the bank for insurance.

First time she got ganked all stuff stay on her like it was suppost to, BUT the second time she lost everything that wasn't blessed! She checked as she put each piece back on everything was still insured. Surely to god one pk didn't use up a mil.

So it only leaves ONE conculsion...Exploit/cheat.

I'm wondering if its not the same bug in fel and its being exploited.

Sadly, sis did post this on here and usual UHall fashion she was ignored because she'd never posted before.

Anyway sis tried to ask about and warn others it still exsists.

P.S. Thanks to Omnicron she got everything but her twilight earrings back.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
heh, sounds like you forgot to reinsure. thats a common mistake. folks often like to blame other things but if there were a real insurance bug/exploit it would be used on people with much better stuff...

it's always semi-new folk with mediocre items claiming theres a bug...