• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Inscription Question

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Does FC and FCR factor into crafting with the inscription skill? Making scrolls to fill spell books and such specifically.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
No, just need lots of med and mana regen
Thanks for confirming that. I could not find anything on it. I would assume LMC has no effect as well since we are just copying over a spell.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for confirming that. I could not find anything on it. I would assume LMC has no effect as well since we are just copying over a spell.
Correct. I just tested the LMC to confirm. Recall scrolls with 40 LMC and 0 LMC both took 11 mana. So max out mana regen and med/focus skills.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Perfect that is what I was thinking.

*Tips a glass of Good Old Moonglow Red in salute to you*

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My scribe didn't have much regen, but used 100 Focus on top of Med and refilled 160 mana quite fast. I stoned off the focus when done.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
ok Follow up question.

Have the suit maxed out to 250 man, MR at 32 and meditation and focus maxed.

1. The Lich form ads mana regen however I have read about the diminishing returns on MR after 30. Does lich form benefit me at this point?

2. The Wisp referenced, is this from summon familiar? I could not track down a benefit. How does that factor in?

3. Bard Mastery Peace, similar to the Lich question if I am at MR 32 is there an additional benefit?

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
2. Wisps give MR. Summon familiar yes.
ok so the two wisp add to the MR. If I am already at 32 MR is there a benefit then?

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can only have 1 wisp I was replying to your second question lol

I don’t know if it matters if you already hit the MR cap.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
lol I clearly needed more coffee before reading that lol Thank you.

Reactions: dvv

Deschet

Journeyman
...I have read about the diminishing returns on MR after 30.
As you mentioned above, you've likely already hit the point of diminishing returns. The other stuff probably won't make much of a difference.

I GM'd recently with less mana, and less MR. Stayed in the challenging/optimal range and didn't really start having mana issues until the high 70s/low 80s. Used 7th circle scrolls to grind my way to 85ish, but got tired of waiting on mana. Switched to spellbooks and it went quick after that, especially when using the 250 charge pens from doing BODs.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The MR from the bard buffs seems to go outside the mr cap. I *think* the mr cap is from suit based items.....and it seems to poop the bed around 20-22 from what I remember.
Wisps give a bump of mana (12, maybe?) every so often. Lich form increases mr, but i've never really tested it as far as the mr diminishing returns and whether it applies.

I was honestly just trying to think of everything to jam more MR on. If you are doing something specific that requires a trash ton of mana, this would be the way to go. Obviously, I wouldn't build a toon around this, but if you can swap stuff on/off on a pretty modular character, why not duece it up?