• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skills Inscription not adding sdi to stat list total sdi count. (cc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I noticed today that on the classic client that when I added 100 inscription to my mage that it didn't add any addittional sdi on the stat list total. I was at 50sdi with 30sdi book and 20sdi ring so that equals 50. Shouldn't the 100 inscription add sdi to the total count on the stat list or is it just not shown but added to the strength of the spells cast with higher damage given than what the 50sdi shown on list would give?
I haven't tested the difference in spell strengths with or without inscription yet to see if there is a difference and its just not shown on stat list.....which would be bug? Or no? I just hope the inscription sdi is working as intended or I'm wasting a space for a skill. Hopefully just bug not being shown on total sdi count which I think would be bug and hope cam be fixed.
Any response appreciated
Thank you

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is not a bug, inscribe, your stat list shows the mods you have on items, your inscribe does add sdi, but so too does Eval.

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well then I find the stat total thing a sham. I would like to know my totals without breaking out a calculator.if it has a place that shows sdi then it should show ur full total.
Don't gargoyles get by race buff +5hci or something like that? Doesn't that show? Just askin cause I don't know. But it would seem to me if you make a stat list with totals it should all add and not just the mods ypu wear. Another example having resists skill when completley naked you still have what 30-40 or so in each resist categorey shown on ur total stat list and that is not a mod, its adding because you have resist skill so to me having eval and inscribe and whatever should all add too. Makes sense yes ?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a total sham is a bit strong :S
It's difficult, it's more complex. I'm not necessarily saying you're wrong it what you're saying, as the rules concerning what the character status shows are complicated and a mix bag, some stats take skills into account on the display, others don't. I'm not saying you're wrong, but i think you're definitely not completely correct.

But i like it, i'm warming to the idea of the argument that it should be there, I have spent a very long time thinking about whether or not this fits in with the game and I love for things to be consistent and simple.

Do you know what, go on then, why not, I'll let you have this one. I'll back the campaign. There's no reason why not to. I give it the Mervyn thumbs up. And in this world, that means a lot.

Last edited:

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya sham maybe harsh but like you say its a mixed bag on that status bar with some skills adding things on the bar like resist spells for resists with all gear off and tactics for your weapon strength which all affect ur ratings total on the bar. Just think if it wasn't a bug, it should be even and added to. As I explained on pvp scribe thread maybe even having on the buff bar display like 200/325 which would be 200=total mods and spellbuffs where the 325= total sdi increase including from skills like inscription and eval. Just think the status bar should be even in words like that. I mean if I have no tactics my base weapon damage shows on bar but when you add tactics thst damage total from ur weapon increases on the bar as I would think sdi would/should be the same, show my sdi with just the mods but I'd like to see it increase when I add skills like eval and inscription. I may just be being picky but it bothered me the other day when I readded inscription to a character and was expecting to see my sdi on the staus bar increase but of course it didn't :(

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This board is intended for bug reports, not discussions or tweak suggestions. I suggest you post your tweak requirement in the sticky thread at the top of the ask the devs board.

Status
Not open for further replies.