• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Insane Vendor Fees Are Still Killing The Shards

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not to resurrect a dead thread, but I have been looking around and can't find an answer.
And I will admit I am not the worlds greatest researcher.

But is there, anywhere, a chart, scale, list of percentages, whatever, on the vendor fees? It charges per day, but how much per day? is there currently a break in fees for certain prices? any idea anyone?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not to resurrect a dead thread, but I have been looking around and can't find an answer.
And I will admit I am not the worlds greatest researcher.

But is there, anywhere, a chart, scale, list of percentages, whatever, on the vendor fees? It charges per day, but how much per day? is there currently a break in fees for certain prices? any idea anyone?
If I am not mistaken vendor fees are per real day not uo day.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Vendor fees = 60 + ((item price/500)*3)

This is charged through the day instead of once as of publish 80.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe make a choice when setting up a vendor 30% one time fee, or the 6% whatever it is now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
First of I have made chars in Legends and I never find anyone on to hunt or do anything, so i am looking to meet new players there!

Now to business.......
How about making the fee´s dependant on how much money you have in total? This vendor system only benefits the very rich. Low end/middle range traders with no much money are losing to the fees.
It was designed when there was 1000s of people, It dont work now with the fall of numbers, only Atl can hold this system for now.

Items that are not worth more than 1M, not to have any vendor fees, just items of 1m and above start to pay vendor fees. This would make selling spells books and small stuff free to have on vendors and helps the new traders and any new player arriving back so he ahs somewhere to buy?

Or all in all no vendor fees, but you have to pay taxes when something sells? so lets say an item sold for 10m, well the tax here is 5% so you pay a 500k in taxes? So all items are taxed depending how much they were sold at.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
First of I have made chars in Legends and I never find anyone on to hunt or do anything, so i am looking to meet new players there!

Now to business.......
How about making the fee´s dependant on how much money you have in total? This vendor system only benefits the very rich. Low end/middle range traders with no much money are losing to the fees.
It was designed when there was 1000s of people, It dont work now with the fall of numbers, only Atl can hold this system for now.

Items that are not worth more than 1M, not to have any vendor fees, just items of 1m and above start to pay vendor fees. This would make selling spells books and small stuff free to have on vendors and helps the new traders and any new player arriving back so he ahs somewhere to buy?

Or all in all no vendor fees, but you have to pay taxes when something sells? so lets say an item sold for 10m, well the tax here is 5% so you pay a 500k in taxes? So all items are taxed depending how much they were sold at.
I say we increase vendor fees to increase the gold sink and lower inflation.

But that's me.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Vendor fees = 60 + ((item price/500)*3)

This is charged through the day instead of once as of publish 80.

That is still good then? UOGuide had that, but also had it noted that it was out of date and it changed with Pub 80. So that formula still stands then???

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I fear my vendors make more profit than I do, it is crasy

If this are correct, a Magesuit I sell for 160k will cost me 21k in fee if it stay on vendor 3 weeks and that do often happen on Siege. No wonder I do not really get any profit.
Exactly. And this is why on smaller shards you can't find stuff, and see a lot of empty vendors all over the world. Stuff sells, just slowly, and the fees eat up the profit. Ingame or IRL, I don't make stuff just to be busy, I can find other stuff to do, just tired of vendor fees eating up whatever I do sell.

Phoenix Festival is coming up (check Legends board) if you can come to any of it, come on! What hours are you normally on?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
That is still good then? UOGuide had that, but also had it noted that it was out of date and it changed with Pub 80. So that formula still stands then???
Some say it isn't but everything I've read says its current, including the patch notes for 80 which only changed how it was charged incrementally through the day, instead of once per day.

I think I'll set a vendor up to confirm this.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can confirm the basic rate of 60 per real day and that it does not all come out at server up like it use to.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Every Sunday I kill some dreadhorns. People are welcome to join.
I also do Mel runs from time to time and I sometimes I fancy getting some Exodus keys as well.
I am usually most on during weekends. Look for Zath around there. :p

Modoc

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Not really sure when it all became about the Coin, for me its never been about RL coin but rather game Coin/Riches. It was about 10 yrs ago 2005ish for me. Built a Fortune, got everything I could ever use and most of it collecting dust in a forgotten chest some where, and enough Coin to replace it all 10-20 times over. I can only imagine a good many Stratics users are well better off then me,,,,But I digress.

With the abundance of wealth within the UO community I've no problem with the Gold Sink that is ,,,,Vendors Fees.

Last edited:

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I also do Mel runs from time to time and I sometimes I fancy getting some Exodus keys as well.
Lol, are you still killing those dreadhorns? I've got to admire your persistence
I do miss the Mel runs

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you don't mind me and the other PERVs tagging along :) Not sure of Victim or Silent's weekend schedule, but I bet they would be game.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If you don't mind me and the other PERVs tagging along :) Not sure of Victim or Silent's weekend schedule, but I bet they would be game.
I will have to gather keys for the Phoenix Festival next weekend, but I think I can do that during Monday night or something, since getting Dread keys is pretty easy, but time consuming when the RNG decides to play against you, so there will be some 7 to 10 dread runs this Sunday for sure. :p

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will have to gather keys for the Phoenix Festival next weekend, but I think I can do that during Monday night or something, since getting Dread keys is pretty easy, but time consuming when the RNG decides to play against you, so there will be some 7 to 10 dread runs this Sunday for sure. :p
Let me get with Vic and see if he is up to speed on Legends enough and Silent if he is up to it. @Victim of Siege @Silent Singer ?

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atlantic sure. Great Lakes arguable. Every other shard is being killed by insane vendor fees. Smell the coffee Mesanna. Make some changes that will actually help us. Another land to explore and another creature to kill for the 100th time is great. But how about doing something to save this game and our home shards? Us low volume shards need help. NOW!
Agreed. How about a solution.

I would suggest shard population percentage. They already have it calculated in terms of high, medium and low from the log in server.
Costs of vendors could be high being the normal rate. Medium rate 1/2 the cost. low 1/4 the cost.

Those numbers can vary. it's just a suggestion.

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I would suggest shard population percentage. They already have it calculated in terms of high, medium and low from the log in server.
Costs of vendors could be high being the normal rate. Medium rate 1/2 the cost. low 1/4 the cost.

Those numbers can vary. it's just a suggestion.
Well I like that idea a lot

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Also have ridiculous prices raise the vendor fee.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also have ridiculous prices raise the vendor fee.
I would like it if the vendor gets taken down automatically if no action is done on the vendor for X number of Months.
Either buying or putting something on it refreshes the vendor.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I would like it if the vendor gets taken down automatically if no action is done on the vendor for X number of Months.
Either buying or putting something on it refreshes the vendor.
How lazy can a person be if they can't take down their own vendor or keep track of what they're selling?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think Ox is talking about saving shoppers the bother of checking vendors that are always empty - by removing them if they aren't updated for several months

SimpleEnigma88

Adventurer
I do not have a solution, and I've only read half of this thread, but one thing that I worry about with a flat fee is the fact that there will be soooo much more stuff put on vendors(no reason to not fully stock up, right?)

How long will Vendor Search take then? On Atlantic, i already have to wait 10-12 seconds, which i have no problem with.

But if the Vendor Search database swells up like I think it would.....

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
How long will Vendor Search take then? On Atlantic, i already have to wait 10-12 seconds, which i have no problem with.
Maybe an option to search global or sub server like Britain, Cove, Luna etc.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They should make it a percentage of price of the item, when it sells.

***Just a reminder vendors @ my ATL Luna house are only 1gp a week.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should make it a percentage of price of the item, when it sells.

***Just a reminder vendors @ my ATL Luna house are only 1gp a week.

Then vendors would be used as storage. Just over price the item by 100X and no one will buy it.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Then vendors would be used as storage. Just over price the item by 100X and no one will buy it.

I hadnt thought about that, but is that really a problem? Cant you keep your bods and box collection on vendors now at no cost?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just removing vendor fees on anything less than 1 million would more than do the trick. Folks on smaller shard who want to stock "essentials" could do so without losing money.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just removing vendor fees on anything less than 1 million would more than do the trick. Folks on smaller shard who want to stock "essentials" could do so without losing money.
Then your still stuck with primary items only being sold on primary shards.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you figure?
High priced items will not sell very fast on low populated shards.
Thus they stay on the vendor a long time.
Which I don't mind but by the time I sell it the vendor costs will equal the cost of the item.

Which means its only logical to move the primary items to a primary shard so it doesn't cost the same as it costs of the vendor.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Which I don't mind but by the time I sell it the vendor costs will equal the cost of the item.

Which means its only logical to move the primary items to a primary shard so it doesn't cost the same as it costs of the vendor.
This ^

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I actually don't see an issue with higher prices items needing more consideration into prices and location for selling.

You are right... if you're trying to sell a new cameo for 175 million on Napa, its going to take longer than trying to sell it on Atl, thus it will cost more in vendor fees... HOWEVER... I don't think the lack of items selling for 175 million is going to be a huge roadblock to new or returning players being able to find basic items like spellbooks, etc. That is the situation we have now.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually don't see an issue with higher prices items needing more consideration into prices and location for selling.

You are right... if you're trying to sell a new cameo for 175 million on Napa, its going to take longer than trying to sell it on Atl, thus it will cost more in vendor fees... HOWEVER... I don't think the lack of items selling for 175 million is going to be a huge roadblock to new or returning players being able to find basic items like spellbooks, etc. That is the situation we have now.
I give that stuff away whenever I see them.

I don't put it on my vendors because I'm not going to supply shard hoppers.
They can bring their own crap

MoxZinnia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
So, maybe what we need is a cap for each item. I don't know if this is even possible, but if it could be done, then vendor fees work as normal until it reaches the items cap (30%?), and then you would not be charged anymore. So if it sells quick, you still save money, if you are trying to use vendors or overstock for storage you are still paying fair amount, but if you have something on your vendor which doesn't sell quickly you can leave it there without being bled dry.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, maybe what we need is a cap for each item. I don't know if this is even possible, but if it could be done, then vendor fees work as normal until it reaches the items cap (30%?), and then you would not be charged anymore. So if it sells quick, you still save money, if you are trying to use vendors or overstock for storage you are still paying fair amount, but if you have something on your vendor which doesn't sell quickly you can leave it there without being bled dry.
that would involve keeping a log of every item.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I give that stuff away whenever I see them.

I don't put it on my vendors because I'm not going to supply shard hoppers.
They can bring their own crap
The problem with this philosophy is that a vendor is ingame 24/7 everyday. Most players aren't...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't mind supplying shard hoppers, or my own people. I am tired tho, of feeding the vendor whatever meager profits are made from sales.