• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Input please.

• Thread starter Blood Countess
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Blood Countess

I would like to make a Bushido Pally/Samurai
I am a first year toon so I have 700 skill points maxed and 245 stats with +20 power scroll.
I would like the template input on this holy terror. I generally use with stats
2 skills a 120 and the rest(4) at 115...is this possible for this build that hopefully some of you will suggest. This is what I have though..no resist though..is it needed by this type of build ?

120 parry
120 swords
115 anatomy
115 meditation
115 bushido
115 chivalry

I have a Soul Seeker so I will be using swords which I think is pretty standard for this build.
Thanks in advance.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not too sure what you are trying to do.

Are you planning to do mostly PvM? PvP? Both?

Since you plan on use the Soul Seeker, you definitely don't need meditation since the Soul Seeker will replenish your Mana much faster than meditation would. If you are going to do PvP, I'd go with Resist Spells instead. If you are doing PvM, then maybe Tactics or Healing.

Unless you just like skills at 115, I'd drop Chivalry down to 85 or 75. That's enough to do most of the major Chiv spells. Put those 20-30 points somewhere else.

Actually 100 Anatomy is enough as well. The extra 15 skill points will only add 1 or 2 points of damage to your total.

That's all I'll say for now until I hear what your plans are for your Sammy Paladin.

B

Blood Countess

To be honest, it will be PvM till my skills start to develop and such and yes he will go PvP more than likely. Kind of a best of both worlds hybrid.
What would you do with the 700 total points with this in mind?
Thanks in advance.

G

My PvM Pally uses no shield, only Soul Seeker, Dragon slayer Crescent Blade (mana leech 30%)and a Lizardman/Undead Katana for primary hunts. Armor has zero MR as I went for as much DI I could find in my inventory. 720 skill max, 245 stat cap.

Anatomy - 100
Chivalry - 110
Focus - 98.2; target 110
Healing - 100
Resist - 86.5; target 100
Swords - 115; target 100
Tactics - 115; target 100

I'll lose a bit of damage in dropping Tactics to 100, but tacs has a slightly higher damage modifier than Anatomy - even at 100.

With little/no MR on the suit, Focus and the Mana leech do well against Dragons to keep me tanked up enough for Consecrate Weapon almost constantly in addition to EoO.

Enhanced bandages give me HP healed as if I have 110 Healing (see FoF for this week on that one). Silly as it seems for Resist, I'm keeping it on him because I hold out hope they'll make some effort to have the skill be more effective with higher monster magic (some necro reflect would be nice) ... some day.

I take damage and have to run off a bit when 2 or more Dragons are on me, but I can deal with it capably enough to take them all out within a decent time interval.

If I had the 700 cap? Chiv & Focus at 100 for 7xGM.

And if Frarc sees this, he might recognize the template ... a melee Pally he has I believe. Or close.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i would change it from this
120 parry
120 swords
115 anatomy
115 meditation
115 bushido
115 chivalry

to this

120 swords
120 parry
100 tactics
100 bushido
90 anatomy
90 healing
80 chiv

i tried to make a non healing melee char and it failed. bandages are just too usefull on the run.
then when you get your cap up add the pts to healing and anatomy.

if you use a mana leach weapon that has atleast 40% on it you will regen all you mana in about 3 hits.

for stats i would run 100 str and 35 int and as much dex as you can get.
150 is the gaol. 3 second heals...