• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Input needed... What UO events where your favorites....

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Magincia is horrible now... I miss the old city so much... was such a pretty city. That crap that is there now is just rotten...

They could have IMO expanded Haven to include a new area with all the new stuff without ruining what was there. I miss parts of Old Haven... I miss some of the adventures there..... I miss that really nice bridge.

Yeah that big bridge was cool and the island on the other side was one of my favorite places to hang out. Even had a forest Ozzy spawn over there. Also like that valley with the horde minions etc with all the little pocket caves. I Gm'd my first miner there and had enough spawn that was not over the top to get macing on the character into the low 80s. One of the things I liked best about old haven, was the different shrines and art.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry Medi if i disagree you in that point colored green in my quote here :) - but remember the result of destroying Old Maginicia and Old Haven - for me this were events that's broke my heart very painful till today - because two of the nicest and most beautiful cities and some more beautiful places like the meer tomb in ilshenar are in almost lost the same manner as atlantic is lost in historical times (sorry for all atlantic players - for you explanation: i mean the greek island which was sunk by volcanic erruption ;))

I'm still missing them ;)
Simply burn down Luna :p

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would say fel house drops. With approximate times when they drop. This can be easily incorporated into an event
come to atl... I do a player event like this probably every 2 months or so. :) most people enjoy them more than EM events. fyi.. most people are pvpers in this case. :)

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In summary:

Seems like the majority of people's favorites are not single EM events... Perhaps @Mesanna Will take note of this. Not to be rude to the EMs but....

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Biggest problem I see with many of the EM events is they tend to be nothing but a chance at a rare item grab that you can sell to the people that couldn't play the lottery or lost the lottery. The few Em events I have been able to make it too were big lag fest that left me scratching my head wondering how does this even relate to UO at all.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Simply burn down Luna :p
*twinkle at Eaerendil*

Oki - newest event planned for the future... let's think about - the sunken Atlantic by volcanic eruption ;) .....
I think we've had that opening night a few days ago when the server's won't get up again... or so...Drachenfels was still running at this time :D

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The ones that don't involve EM Chance? Oops did I say that? lol My bad! Anyway, the really old Trinny invasion where a GM controlled white wyrm mopped the floor with Lake Superior. That, aside from my wedding, was the coolest day ever in UO history :)
Oh yeah...I LOVE anything ran by @Mesanna because we get our asses kicked and still get a cool pumpkin or some such thing from her. Always a blast!
For the non global events I believe if you show up, you should get something out of it (A rare of some sort) Like when Mesanna dyed the pumpkins for us. We all lined up, she dyed the pumpkins, then she set some mean MF on us to kill everyone. It was AwesomeSauce!!!

Last edited:

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Xenobia

How about a Trinsic invasion in reverse? This time around it actually is the players decision if ilshenar stays as Tram rules.
I use Ilshenar because there are no housing there. It wouldn't effect the game all that much.

Each server could have rotating rules sets for the territories.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd like the ability to create ancient hellhounds again. Just make it so the treats only work on tameable hellhounds so Barracoon isn't disrupted.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, I came to the conclusion that it would be best, Devs simply turn on ALL the old content for - lets say - a year. All at once, 24/7/365. Invasions, Helloween, ToT, simply everything!

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
My question would be is it even possible to do an invasion anymore with such a low population on most shards? I mean how fun would it be for most shards if just a few people were constantly being overrun and couldn't protect their town? I loved the invasions, don't get me wrong, I'm just not so sure they would be fun anymore for most shards. I'd say most people would have to pack up and go to a different shard to truly enjoy the event.

For example: just recently during the Hawkwind global most shards wouldn't have been able (and some were not able to) complete parts of it without all the event characters of folks from other shards because there was just not enough of a population on that shard. If they had an ongoing story going on their shard they would have no reason to come help on other shards.

Last edited:

Deimos

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I loved the Savage/Orc scenario/story.
Added a whole bunch of new monsters, with unique abilities (the savage shamans area lightning was awesome)

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
My favorite time in UO was in 1999-2000 on Atlantic when a small group of reds(SSJ guild, Gohan was GM) managed to win fights of 4-5 vs 20-25, with SSJ being the 4-5. In that time actual player skill and teamwork behind the keyboard mattered. No insurance, no skill lock, no scripts, no voice chat, no untold hordes of gold for overpowered gear, it was real and teamwork ruled. So did mages with Halberds. *flamestrike hally-whack oo0o0000oo*. Your heart raced every time a red word showed on screen :)

While not a quest it was certainly a time to experience and remember. I made a fortune in those days with my disarm thief, 10k gold at a time, lol, because EVERYTHING awesome was always 10k gold.

Runner up for me is also not a quest or event but a time period. I once lifted a guys house key and was in the process of cleaning his house out(no lockdowns, no decay) when he came home. I immediately stealthed but he saw me and wanted to ban me. I hit my disguise kit, switched my robe and walked back on screen and asked him what was up. He went on to tell me all about how a thief had just cleaned him out and asked if I would help find the guy. I made more friends by stealing all their stuff(and later giving most of it back) and laughed out loud until it hurt. Good times.

A couple of events in the Ophidian area come to mind as most memorable for me, but that's partly because death was expected and we didn't care... it was fun anyway.

Last edited:

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The town invasions before the Blackthorn mini towns - not too hard, not too easy, great group fun, everybody got drops for turn-ins