• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ingredients that spawn on paragon monsters

G

Jermey says "Added new chocolate ingredients that spawn on paragon monsters"
Has anyone got any of these? Do they spawn everytime? I killed about 13 paragons and nothing i looted corpse tryed skinning still nothing am I missing something?

G

I've gotten several of each. It's all random, and not every time.

G

Yup just got some, just a few minutes ago.

got bag of sugar, and 2 cocoa butters. I think you need to kill the higher fame giving paragons. I got one off a titan, a cyclops warrior, and a ratman mage.

G

ok ill try that ty I was killing imps, sand vortexs, and blood eles.

G

blood eles should work, actually all paragons should work, just the lower famed ones should be a less chance, I am figuring kind of like how the ilshenar marties drop. But I am taking a short break to get my bods, I will go back and try to see how many paragon headless it takes.

I

imported_Fran Fury

I have got several today off various monsters. Got 2 off pixies. Two different pixies.

Very sad that they don't stack though.

G

5 Para Titans, 10 Para Cyclops & a few Para Ettins and nada here
This is on Legends. I did tame a few new dragons tho

K

Karthcove

I now have multiple of each. I spent the entire day doing nothing but collecting them.

I started with deamons, then did water eles then realized it doesn't matter so I went to the easiest and fastest things to kill - ratmen, plain old ratmen. Paragons spawn about one every 20 - only about one in five paragon will have an ingredient so expect to get one every 100 or so kills (overall).

One ingredient doesn't seem to spawn any less than another - I ended the day with 5 of each (amazing). With the labor involved this better be some amazing stuff because its going to be expensive!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got vanilla from a skeleton.

Intresting was i killed several paragon Daemons and had no luck with those. Think i'm going to Justice shrine and chop some of those trees's that cast spells there!

I

imported_Fran Fury

<blockquote><hr>

With the labor involved this better be some amazing stuff because its going to be expensive!

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I understand the chocolates made with these do nothing...yet. I am holding on to my ingredients until we hear some new changes. Although it is not extremely bad..it is a lot of work for a piece of chocolate that is the same as we got in our gifts and does nothing.

G

I got vanilla from a paragon air ele that I killed because it was camping a healer I wanted to have access to while I tried to tame the new dragon.

I think these ingredients are something we need to look on as a bonus when hunting in Ilshenar rather than something we set out to get. I'm not sure they have any real point tbh. The chocolates made from them don't have any benefit, so I don't see that anyone is going to buy them when a chef has gathered the ingredients and made them.

I have a vendor with a box of gingerbread men, I think he might sell one per month if I'm lucky. I see the chocolates as having about the same level of saleability.

However, does anyone know if the cocoa tree seeds are in with this publish, and if so where do they come from?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its for the next Publish.

Taken from UO.HoC.

-Brannoc - *kittykat* Will gardening every get any love, like new plants, resources, or even the fabled 5th generation?
* RicTheHippy firers a stealth arrow at Draconi *
* Draconi crawls out of the hedges, having been pwned by some ninjas for earlier, unrepeatable comments *
Draconi - Well, one fun addition in the next publish will be cocoa trees, including appropriate seeds - this should go nicely with the coming additions to chocolatiering as well! (What, you thought we'd spoil everything at once?)
* RicTheHippy chortles and slips into the shadows *

G

Can anyone post a pic of all the different ingredients? I think it would be cool if we had a visual on these things lol.

E

eolsunder1

So again, why would ingredients a cook uses spawn on paragon monsters? Wouldn't it be more fun that ingredients are gotten by means that a actual COOK could achieve.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its kinda the same that crafters have to rely on warriors/mages..... for there ingredients to craft there rare artifact armor.

L

Lord_Spartacus

<blockquote><hr>

Can anyone post a pic of all the different ingredients? I think it would be cool if we had a visual on these things lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

C

Connor_Graham

RTLFC

I found a sack of sugar laying on the floor upstairs in Luna bank earlier. If anyone wants it just let me know. I've got no use for it.

Alstadt

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've gotten one off a rat and a snake so dont think fame level matters, Ive also had gaps of 20 to 30 para's between getting one, have not tried luck yet to see if that matter's

L

Lord_Spartacus

<blockquote><hr>

I think you need to kill the higher fame giving paragons. I got one off a titan, a cyclops warrior, and a ratman mage.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got all mine from levels 1-2 of the Ilshner champ spawns ... tons of paragons and easy kills.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I think you need to kill the higher fame giving paragons. I got one off a titan, a cyclops warrior, and a ratman mage.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got all mine from levels 1-2 of the Ilshner champ spawns ... tons of paragons and easy kills.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. I've killed nothing high level and have a bunch of ingredients. They drop fast, too.

E

eolsunder1

The trouble is.. who cares?

So what, chocolate ingredients spawn on paragons. No one uses them. Sure, its fun once or twice. You make some chocolate.. eat it.. Ok, that was neat. Ok, that is boring now.

It would be different if the stuff did something other than fill you up, which by the way my little create food mage spell does. Thus actually making the stuff is profitable and worthwhile. If you could make some gold by selling it to npc vendors. Ok, the ingredients are worth buying/collecting.

But they arent. They are more pixel crack in the game which does nothing but clutter up. The harder to get ingredients don't benefit you when you eat it. They don't make any gold. They just clutter up. Its only been a week and people just don't even bother looting such stuff, or picking it up off the ground at the bank. Why would they want to pick it up?

Oh, we can make chocolate with rare ingredients. Ok, did it once, mmmm thats it i guess. Time to move onto something else.

Here is an idea, if you make ingredients rare, harder to get, have the finished product actually worthwhile to get ok?

G

I got 2 Vanillas, both off of Paragon Dread Spiders. BTW, they completely nerfed Dread Spiders, 2-3 bites from my Cu Sidhe kill normal Dread Spiders. They're even weaker than they were before they started messing with them, plus they gives 200s-300s gold and crappy loot, not even worthy of the name "Dread" anymore.

G

Ive just been going to the spawn at spirituality in ilsh, knocking off a few pixies and shadow wisps and getting the ingredients that way.
Although it seems somethings wrong with the makes mark part. It said that i affixed it but there was nothing on the chocolate except exceptional. might be a lil oopsy

U

_Uriah Heep_

We got all the ingredients off para earth eles...easy kills, seemed to get a random ingredient hmm *thinks* probably about 1 out of 3 paras.

Not bad at all