• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ingame Chat choices. Why isn't there a PVP only channel?

I play this game regularly....
I don't PVP & I don't want to PVP...
So if no PVP is My chosen game style...
Why am I assaulted with the barrage of PVP whiners in General Chat?

General Chat, is the channel to be in, if your interested in items for sale.
But I am constantly putting up with "LEET" chatter, accusing the "other guy" as being such a Loser, Tosser, ****er, etc

If these Guys, need to CONSTANTLY smack talk each other in a a Global Channel, because there is no other place for them to communicate with each other...
GIVE THEM THEIR OWN PVP channel as a CHAT OPTION, to vent their opinions towards others.
Their never-ending Barbs to each other is definitely NOT General Chat.

Give their Own Channel, to do "their own thing,
But leave the rest of us to Enjoy the General Channel, as it is so informative giving their own opinion on their game or asking for things they need, Or selling what they don't want, at a price.

Please include a new Chat Tab for PVP & allow the "rest of us", to access the "General Chat)--- Which is the Main Chanel for sales etc on Atl....

@Kryonix

@Bleak

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To be fair, isn't there a "trade" channel that nobody ever uses? :rolleyes:

Afaik there are half a dozen channels, but you can't do much, when everyone seeks maximum attention and ends up in the most populated channel.

IMO they should make a channel per facet. Not perfect but better than the current mess.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've got to admit, the biggest abuse for me is the abuse of Trade chat in General.

I see pure unadulterated greed on display, and it is offensive to me and my playstyle.
People trying to scam and rip each other off non stop.

I'm quite happy for a PvP chat channel to be created, and for PvP chat to go there, but equally, the Trade chat should leave General as this is the most offensive morally and ethically.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I recommended a few years ago that general chats are zone based. If you're in fel its fel general chat, and the same for tram. I can't see why that would be a hard thing to implement, and many modern games do similar chat zoning to cut down on 1000's of players using the same chat. Then we can all make fun of the "pvpers" standing around in tram crap talking ;).

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've got to admit, the biggest abuse for me is the abuse of Trade chat in General.

I see pure unadulterated greed on display, and it is offensive to me and my playstyle.
People trying to scam and rip each other off non stop.

I'm quite happy for a PvP chat channel to be created, and for PvP chat to go there, but equally, the Trade chat should leave General as this is the most offensive morally and ethically.
As a rule the traders don't speak of Yo Momma! nor drop the F word constantly, nor make references to someone else's mom';s prowess, etc etc. So for most of us, trade talk isn't really offensive...

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a rule the traders don't speak of Yo Momma! nor drop the F word constantly, nor make references to someone else's mom';s prowess, etc etc. So for most of us, trade talk isn't really offensive...

But which is worse,

a. A few swearwords from an honest workman, or;

b. Someone trying to scam/steal/cheat you with a few honeyed words?

Appearances are deceptive.

I take offence at the real criminals.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
But I am constantly putting up with "LEET" chatter, accusing the "other guy" as being such a Loser, Tosser, ****er, etc
Uhh for the record that "LEET" pvp chat whiner is not me, its some wanna-be who try steal my name =P scrubs

Alot of the pvp smack chat has actually been cleaned up tbh since @Cetric made the global pvp chat discord, however there are still those idiots out there...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
This was brought up at the meet and greet last night.

[18/01/29][21:57:09] [Crystal] Cortez says: Lastly, I would please like to ask for an exclusive PvP/Trash Talk Channel to be added and
[18/01/29][21:57:25] [Crystal] Cortez says: people encouraged to go there
[18/01/29][21:57:40] [Crystal] Cortez says: I have lots and lots of people on ignore
[18/01/29][21:58:23] [Crystal] Cortez says: :taking a breath
[18/01/29][21:58:28] [Mesanna]: you can make your own channels but it would not stop them from trashing talking in general
[18/01/29][21:58:28] [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: you can make your own channels but it would not stop them from trashing talking in general
[18/01/29][21:58:47] [Crystal] Cortez says: I know -- I was hoping...
[18/01/29][21:59:07] [Mesanna]: sorry nope

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
To be fair, isn't there a "trade" channel that nobody ever uses? :rolleyes:

Afaik there are half a dozen channels, but you can't do much, when everyone seeks maximum attention and ends up in the most populated channel.

IMO they should make a channel per facet. Not perfect but better than the current mess.
If a person could be in more than one channel or monitor more than one channel people might use more of them for the things they are intended for. But since EVERYONE who's ANYONE is mostly in the Gen Chat channel... and the help channel is the spam bot channel... why would anyone use any of the other channels???

Certainly you can make your own but that would kinda be like not even using Chat at all...

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recommended a few years ago that general chats are zone based. If you're in fel its fel general chat, and the same for tram. I can't see why that would be a hard thing to implement, and many modern games do similar chat zoning to cut down on 1000's of players using the same chat. Then we can all make fun of the "pvpers" standing around in tram crap talking ;).
It's because for the most part the people in Fel are co-dependent on the people in Tram, but will not admit it... so they will deny such a desire exists. :p

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'd personally be happy with the inability of people in Fel to communicate outward.

If they want to trash-talk each other where Trammies can hear them, they can do it from Luna on their blue. But, keep the banter between groups fighting each other at the same champ fel-only....

Think of it as coverage of a sports event.
We don't mind hearing the pre-game and post-game oneupsmanship summaries as much as we'd rather not listen to the play-by-play as it's happening.
If we wanted to see the game, we'd be there - create your own channels for in-fight taunting, and only bother us in Tram etc. with the game summary on UO Sportscenter....

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's been said before, you can put any one of them or all of them ignore and they're basically gone

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's been said before, you can put any one of them or all of them ignore and they're basically gone
Which is great unless you go to Fel...

Also isn't so good at EM Events if they go there and then you miss 2/3 of a conversation...

Also I personally would prefer that if they are in Fel PvPing and crybabing.... that they are stuck in a Fel channel... But sadly that wouldn't help since most of them come to Luna to start crying or bragging about their L33Tness... :rolleyes:

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also I personally would prefer that if they are in Fel PvPing and crybabing.... that they are stuck in a Fel channel... But sadly that wouldn't help since most of them come to Luna to start crying or bragging about their L33Tness... :rolleyes:
There should be a Luna Fel of course, then I wouldn't be forced into Trammel. ;)
(To collect BoDs and stuff, it's the most central place).
And I have to go to Britain Mint for town buff.

Regarding a Fel chat, or a PvP chat, no issues from me.
I'd probably prefer a Fel chat.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It wouldn't make any difference, there are certain people whose only joy is to make other people unhappy so they would go out of their way to do just that....