• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Information on a Cloak please.

I found a cloak in the bank of a server where I played a character for a short time many years ago. I left that server and not played it since. It's a basic grey cloak with +10 to all three stats (str/dex/int) and also has 10 bless charges on it. It is only identified as 'Cloak'. I don't recall how or when I acquired this cloak and have not see another like it since I returned to UO. I've tried to find info on it but so far nothing I find has these same bonuses. Can anyone tell me where this cloak came from, or if it's still in game? Also, if I equip it I'm sure I'll use up the bless charges and if/when the bless charges are depleted does anyone know if the +10 bonuses will be lost as well?
Thanks! Cloak.JPG

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's from about 18 years ago, and yes if you put it on it will lose all those charges in about a minute and then become a normal cloak with no stats on it. They no longer spawn. Originally there were many monsters who dropped those as loot.

There are lots of items like that around still, they just aren't very visible. Average price on Atlantic is 100k per charge, so that would be worth about one million gold. People mainly buy them just to throw away for spring cleanup points, or to use for pvp.

It's still a pretty cool item to find though.