• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Information needed please!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Looking for approximate dates/times circumstances for some older items, IE what year, etc.

Sewn By

Green Clothing

1705166499109.png Double Ex Crafted by - What year, when did it stop being labeled as such?

1705167168585.png Double Ex without the crafter name, what year roughly

Double-Blessed
Bracketed blessed/Double blessed

Thank you, tried to search but there's so much info I thought it was all in one place but if there is, I can't find it. I would love to have all of this information in a sticky post for future reference!

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I'm remembering correctly, double exceptional stuff came about with Age of Shadows in 2003.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So far from the information I have gotten from people who are still around since the games launch, Sewn By stuff is how things were since day one.

When that stopped, I don't know.

Green clothing was a bug? When did that start, how and when did it end?

Trying to get some history on the game and older items, wikipedia has basic info. If anyone else knows of some better. more in-depth articles I would appreciate it.

Some good info here on some bugged items I have like the colored wood/logs, red bird etc. so that's great. But there are lvl's of exp quality stuff too.

Of Exceptional Quality
A Wooden Box of Exceptional Quality

1705334106392.png

From what I have read here, the Of Exceptional Quality items are older? So if that started 2003-ish when did the labels change?

Last edited:

Lord Dayno

Adventurer
Hello Larisa,
A friend of mine poked me to give input.
As an avid armor collector I am happy to assist.

"Green" was post Renaissance ()maybe even post Age of Shadows) and was indeed a bug that was fixed shortly after (hence the high value with "Green").

In short it looks like this (better details I can fill in later with photos) or someone else can contribute.

Launch to Renaissance (2000):
  1. Sewn By Xxxxx / Exceptional (Things made with cloths)
  2. Made By Xxxxx [exceptional] / Exceptional (Things made with Ingots)
  3. Xxxxx Of Exceptional Quality (blessed) / Exceptional / Blessed (Known as Double Blessed)
  4. Xxxxx Of Exceptional Quality / Exceptional (Known as OEQ Full Name)
  5. Of Exceptional Quality / Exceptional (Known as OEQ Half Name)
Renaissance – to current:
  1. (Ingot color) Xxxxxx Xxxxx / Crafted By Xxxxx / Exceptional (things made by Inogts)
  2. Green Xxxxx / Crafted By Xxxxxx / Exceptional (things made by cloths)
I am in the middle of making a complete documentary to go with this exact topic and happy to share with those intrested.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ohh Dayno thank you SO much! I'm in the process of putting together a UO History Museum and would like to have books by the items that have dates and little blurbs on how/when and why they were labeled as such etc. so this helps TREMENDOUSLY!

Lord Dayno

Adventurer
Happy to help and let me know if you need any pieces as should be able to help with that also.
Stay tuned for more details.

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I recall correctly, wasn't green clothing craftable when they first released the different types of hides? You would select barbed hides on the menu, then craft a cloth item, and it would come out as a "green" item. Green clothing items also function as enhanced items and can be dyed with pigments, etc...

I have several green clothing pieces crafted by my own tailor, so I believe that was the process I used to create them decades ago.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1705358794143.png

This is the only green item I have atm, always looking for more, just a few different pieces to show with a book on how/when they were created, so they were made with cloth but with barbed selected on the crafting menu?

And AFTER Renaissance?

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Items just titled "Of Exceptional Quality" were also a bug of some sort.

Also... the (Blessed) tag can be with all sorts of other old tags. You can have A Hat [Exceptional] (Blessed) ; A Hat Made By Jason[Exceptional](Blessed) ; A Hat (Blessed), A Hat Crafted by Jason (Blessed) ; A Hat Sewn by Jason (Blessed) ; A Hat of Exceptional Quality (Blessed).

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay so the blessed tag...was that from launch until...when did the blessed tag go away?

And do remember the timeline? Or did all of that happen at the same time? Like...did the taglines change throughout the years?

Made By/Crafted By/Sewn By etc.

Like now we have Item / Crafted By

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay another question I can't find the answer too

Practice Weapons.

I found the rarity of them but not the timeline.

I know they were gotten upon character creation depending on what skills you chose to start with.

Were they introduced on Day 1? When did they stop?

I feel like I'm back in school in History class lol, doing a LOT of research but this class is actually fun!

Thanks everyone for all the help so far!