• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Incorrect tool tip text for skills gump

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't notice this issue until after yesterday's patch - not sure if it existed previously. When you open the skill gump and hover your mouse over one of the skills, the wrong skill name is displayed in the tooltip text box. For example, I had the "wild" tab up in the skills gump and when I moved my mouse over the animal lore skill, one of the bard skills displayed in the tooltip text box. I tried some other skills and they all displayed some kind of mismatch.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have all skills human 20 can do anything interesting with hot bared. 99% of them read the wrong skill on mouse over.

Fresley

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you using the ItemPropertyHighlighting mod? I believe this is broken currently causing tool tip errors. Try deleting or renaming the folder for that mod.

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you using the ItemPropertyHighlighting mod? I believe this is broken currently causing tool tip errors. Try deleting or renaming the folder for that mod.
I am using that mod...will try your suggestions to see if that fixes things. Not even close to being a a crippling bug, but still...

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yes, Item Properties mods need to be rewritten a bit at this point o update for the skill tooltip bug as well as to simply work better together. I have taken them out of Copper ENhanced for the time being until they can be updated.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I just go by the pic anyway

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've just taken a stab at re-writing the ItemPropertiesHighlighting mod to not cause any problems.
Anybody who wants to can get the new version and test it out. I haven't created a new version to download, because I expect many problems with it. If you want to get it, you'll need to grab the files out of the SVN repository. If some of the other modders could take a look at it and try it out, that would be great.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Crosses fingers !!! hope this works I really want to update but dont want to lose the ItemPropertiesHighlighting mod !

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crosses fingers !!! hope this works I really want to update but dont want to lose the ItemPropertiesHighlighting mod !
I'm with you, Storm. That mod is completely awesome. I rely on it constantly!

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I plan on downloading and testing it tonight.

Ok, installed the highlighter and looking good on its own... still need to see if it will play with Evaluator though.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

New highlighter seems to be working, but I need to figure out how to add in the Parse function from Evaluator as shown HERE

The call listed doesn;t appear to be in the new Highlighter LUA, so I'm not sure where to add in the parse to make Evaluator work.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

New highlighter seems to be working, but I need to figure out how to add in the Parse function from Evaluator as shown HERE

The call listed doesn;t appear to be in the new Highlighter LUA, so I'm not sure where to add in the parse to make Evaluator work.
I'm going to try and find some time to get the two mods to work nicely together this weekend as well.
I also have a few additional tweaks to make to the ItemPropertiesHighlighter to make it more future-proof.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
you guys do a great service !! Thanks

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I *think* I got the two working together properly... still a few more changes I want to make.
Changes have been checked into the SVN repository for those interested.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm really looking forward to it!

Fantastic work you guys are doing!

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just added it in and made a color tweak as necessary. Going to keep testing and hopefully have it ready to go for next C-E release.