• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Inappropriate GM intervention at Felucca idoc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
partial truths are being put forth here. The rules for this are:

1. no consequence for faction base blocking with bagballs or 100,000 candlabras..do it to your heart's content.

2. ANYWHERE else in the game, items can be placed but a clear path must be present and they can not block doorways or entrances without the 1 tile path
This is correct. Any further discussion is unnecessary. What the real crime here is that EA hasn't made such things clear to everyone. That there is such a lengthy "discussion" on the rule, perhaps that's a hint that there should be some sort of official list of such illegal activities somewhere on the uo.com website.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

1. no consequence for faction base blocking with bagballs or 100,000 candlabras..do it to your heart's content.

2. ANYWHERE else in the game, items can be placed but a clear path must be present and they can not block doorways or entrances without the 1 tile path
This is pretty much what I remember the dev team stating years ago about the use of bagballs.

Last edited:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Only thing to add (I just remembered) is during PvM you can block a monster as long as it has a way to damage you (such as a spellcaster)

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is correct. Any further discussion is unnecessary. What the real crime here is that EA hasn't made such things clear to everyone. That there is such a lengthy "discussion" on the rule, perhaps that's a hint that there should be some sort of official list of such illegal activities somewhere on the uo.com website.
They wont do a list, mainly due to the fact that players will come up with very imaginative ways to do things then say well its not on your list of illegal activities so it must be ok.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They wont do a list, mainly due to the fact that players will come up with very imaginative ways to do things then say well its not on your list of illegal activities so it must be ok.
Worse is they might be expected to enforce them.

budman23

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

This is usually the rule.
I have seen tons of times of bagballs placed inside dungeons with winding paths and yes I have seen GMs appear and do nothing as there was a tile of movement available.
There was also a tile of movement available at the idoc unfortunately the 1 tile rule was not something this GM agreed with or even knew about.

This is not the first instance I have seen questionable behavior from this GM particularly.
I have also seen him randomly appear at a different Fel idoc and warn players of account action if they kept blocking the houses sign outside. Not blocked from accessing it, blocked from seeing it.

That's the big problem here they had movement they could get in and out but 1 tile wasn't enough.

I agree with Berethrain completely on GMs, if you don't like their answer page a different one SERIOUSLY.
The rules change 100% from one GM to the next, there is no consistentcy they just are making this stuff up as they go.

The last time I heard someone get a bad response from a GM they told them they were dumb and would just page and get a different one later. When they did, they got a different answer too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.