• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

In the spirit of honesty...

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know i rip on the UO staff a whole lot, so figured id be fair and start a thread of all the good things they have done. These are the things I think will be this era of UO staff's legacy.

1. Vendor Search. This is one of the coolest features I have seen the game create. I no longer use that other site. I no longer have to search high and low around luna only for items. It made having a tram or malas house just as great as a luna house. It gave something to the regular joes instead of the elite.

2. The Gold in the trading window and no more checks. If anyone ever remembers the constant need for in game brokers for any amount over 175m, you know how freaking cool this was. Vendors with nothing but bod books, and having to fill them... bleh! Having all your gold between an account per shard is awesome and a way needed feature for the game.

These two things arent perfect, but they are the closest things to perfect this group of UO staff have done. I really appreciate these things the most.

What are your favorite things the staff has done?

Shandara

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember how pleased I was when seeds became stackable.
Now if they would add more items to the spring cleaning turn ins such as the new master craftsman talismans ;)

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Making Idocs private. Since that, we have gotten a ton of really cool rubble and EM items. Thanks for that... now please add Idoc-search functions! Also the najasaurus and Eodan are very cool; girls love those the most I know.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Decorating and House-Costumizing ;)

and that they create many cool decoitems 'til today.
And my personal wish is that they make some of the most wanted rares like scaffold or two towered statue for example craftable for players

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh where do I start???

Wedding Package...love it! Tux? LOVE IT! (Kyronix looks hot wearing it ;) )

Vanity Mounts....Lasher is awesome! The other one...not so much but was needed.

Taming re-vamp...LOVE IT!

BOD Overhaul..LOVE IT!

Artisan Festival.....HARD work on smaller shards but LOVE the concept, hope they do things differently for the next one, new rewards, different boxes PLEASE??

When things are published to Test and Kyronix and Bleak ALWAYS are there to listen and adjust things and listen to the players

Mesanna popping in game to fix the little stuff...and sometimes the big stuff....wading through thousands of e-mails yet still telling people ~E-mail me~....personally helping people fix various issues with their characters/houses/pets etc. even though she probably has little precious time for herself and her fur babies she dedicates a LOT of her time to us.

All the bug fixes....adding more stack-able items...STACKING BLACKROCK OMG YES!!

Finding Siege an EM that gets it...Kincaid is AWESOME!

There is just too much to list....I could go on and on.

So truly...from the bottom of my heart....to our current team....thank you...for all that you do.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh where do I start???

Wedding Package...love it! Tux? LOVE IT! (Kyronix looks hot wearing it ;) )
I would have bought the Wedding package but it really IRKED Me that the cakes are chose only one... I wish it included recipes for ALL the cakes... so we could make as many as needed and in whatever style... but NOOOOO couldn't have that....

Also wish that they tux and wedding dress could be dyed... with any dye... but NOOO can't have that either... so rather than pay for something that irks me I didn't.. and I won't unless they fix it.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Being able to manually navigate your boat. I was never good with the commands.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I will admit the change to boats is awesome! And the new boats are even more awesome... But that was before this teams time.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I would have bought the Wedding package but it really IRKED Me that the cakes are chose only one... I wish it included recipes for ALL the cakes... so we could make as many as needed and in whatever style... but NOOOOO couldn't have that....

Also wish that they tux and wedding dress could be dyed... with any dye... but NOOO can't have that either... so rather than pay for something that irks me I didn't.. and I won't unless they fix it.
There's usually only one cake at a wedding? So you re-use it....this is a thread about what you LIKE...not dis-like.....

And the dress and Tux are classic White and black....traditional...glad you can't dye them.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There's usually only one cake at a wedding? So you re-use it....this is a thread about what you LIKE...not dis-like.....

And the dress and Tux are classic White and black....traditional...glad you can't dye them.
Well ...... one cake at a wedding what's the point of spending RL money on a package and getting one cake to use once? I happen to have a Theatre where I have performed in-game weddings on a number of occasions... it totally BLOWS IMO to pay RL money and get some reusable items and ONE of the cakes... what happens when the next one wants a different cake?????? What am I supposed to do then????? buy another whole set with another whole set of chairs and tables and all that crap just for ONE lousy cake??????

I think it's a sham... and that's my opinion like it or not... rather like the Gothic and Rustic sets not coming with proper set stuff NO door, nor floor nor roof tiles to match the sets... which IMO then aren't really sets... I swore then I wouldn't buy either of those for all my accounts and I haven't ... I bought one of each and I'll never buy another till they make them a REAL full set... and stop doing 1/2 *** work and calling it finished.

If you tolerate a job half done then that's all you'll ever get. I personally don't... if I did that sort of thing where I worked people would die.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Well ...... one cake at a wedding what's the point of spending RL money on a package and getting one cake to use once? I happen to have a Theatre where I have performed in-game weddings on a number of occasions... it totally BLOWS IMO to pay RL money and get some reusable items and ONE of the cakes... what happens when the next one wants a different cake?????? What am I supposed to do then????? buy another whole set with another whole set of chairs and tables and all that crap just for ONE lousy cake??????

I think it's a sham... and that's my opinion like it or not... rather like the Gothic and Rustic sets not coming with proper set stuff NO door, nor floor nor roof tiles to match the sets... which IMO then aren't really sets... I swore then I wouldn't buy either of those for all my accounts and I haven't ... I bought one of each and I'll never buy another till they make them a REAL full set... and stop doing 1/2 *** work and calling it finished.

If you tolerate a job half done then that's all you'll ever get. I personally don't... if I did that sort of thing where I worked people would die.

This is a thread to talk about positive things the developers have done. If you want to vent your personal grievances about those items, make your own thread and do not derail this one.

Tail of a Comet

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
House customizing system. It's one of the reasons I keep playing this game.
When 18*18 houses came with house customizing, I was so excited!
It made me forget to go to sleep and tired to go to work, lol.
Thank you very much EA !

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bod Expansion
Tamer Patch
Eodon

All very well done in themselves.
BoD's I enjoy - I hope crafting gets upgraded to make the most of the improved BoD system, there is an inequality in the 2 sides to the crafting system now, one hand very good, the other not up to date with the current game.
Tamer patch, pretty much perfect, I've never played a Tamer before, as a hardcore PvPer, this just wasn't me, but I like it a lot. Ironically I was pissed off PvPers tried to nerf it.
Eodon - Great content in terms of what they added.

When did this Dev team come in, what is the full list of their achievements out of interest?
I could maybe add more, I've been impressed with what they can do, I don't always agree with it all, but they have the ability.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I agree about the Wedding package, my husband and I got married in-game a few months ago and it was great fun, the items are all very pretty, making them dyeable was great, the only disappointment was that it didn't come with some kind of invitations. Footwear would have been nice too! :p

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally making the Phoenix tamable after a decade of asking.........oh wait, nope they managed to screw that up afterward too.
:grrr:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The TAMING PATCH - My animals were what kept me coming back to UO throughout the years. No mmo in 20 years, to me, has had as fun of a class as the tamer. And the fact I can now train my longtime "friends". Its kept me playing and it's brought back other friends to the game.

Vendor Search

but most importantly.....

KEEPING THE GAME ALIVE and constantly adding new content to the game with a severely skeleton development team. Keeping it alive so we can share it with people 20 years later. The fact that @Bleak is posting on the forums on the weekends and well past normal office hours offering to look at a pets this past patch. They didn't create the 20 year old spaghetti code or all the flaws found within it, but they have rolled with.

Seriously, thank you.

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
1. The craftable granite walls, etc. There are a few small changes I'd like to see, but all in all it fits well and was fun to do; and it looks way better than I had any right to expect.

2. The treasures of Doom/Kotl/Ilsh Halloween events. Fun to do, and nice that they put the effort into making it different every year instead of just rerunning previous years content.

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know i rip on the UO staff a whole lot, so figured id be fair and start a thread of all the good things they have done. These are the things I think will be this era of UO staff's legacy.

1. Vendor Search. This is one of the coolest features I have seen the game create. I no longer use that other site. I no longer have to search high and low around luna only for items. It made having a tram or malas house just as great as a luna house. It gave something to the regular joes instead of the elite.

2. The Gold in the trading window and no more checks. If anyone ever remembers the constant need for in game brokers for any amount over 175m, you know how freaking cool this was. Vendors with nothing but bod books, and having to fill them... bleh! Having all your gold between an account per shard is awesome and a way needed feature for the game.

These two things arent perfect, but they are the closest things to perfect this group of UO staff have done. I really appreciate these things the most.

What are your favorite things the staff has done?
Both of those are amazing features, it is also great that gold is now account based and no longer based on individual characters. I like the new tamer stuff for the most part but will not discuss any negatives here because the post is meant to be positive.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Currency conversion and vendor search would be my top two.

I think they added some interesting stuff in Eodon that made clever use of the game mechanics and environment too.