• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) In nomine Patris

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even at a young age, he knew he was destined for something more, something...greater. At the age of 7, he first heard it. The Father's voice. He heard it and it guided him. Amongst all the horror and violence, The Father was there and He was the light in the darkness.

He began by carrying out The Father's commands to gather items. First, just artifacts from throughout the land but eventually the ill-gotten treasure of the unwashed became his target. The Father demanded it, he gladly obeyed. However, they were just trinkets, baubles...nothing more. Now it was time, The Father had His acolyte: Saint Dismas was born and he found his home with the Outsiders. They didn't hear The Father's voice but maybe, in time and with Saint Dismas' help, they would. He was sure of it.

Now, The Father demands a temple to display His glory to the unwashed and He demands blood. The temple site was selected by The Father in Makoto, in the heart of the unwashed. The temple is built and now the unwashed must be punished. The Father commands it.

OOC: I'm going to start having a little fun on Siege. I'm not 100% into the RP thing but I'm going to play the role. If you aren't into that kind of thing, I understand but I'm going to try. Have fun!

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*loads her backpack with rings, braces and PS for new thieves*

Hey it's the least I can do. Keep up the good work and the RP.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My dear St. Dismas,

I paid an early-morning visit to Everdark Abbey and was quite taken by the architecture. However, I do have one very pressing question:

Where is the soup kitchen to feed the lepers and beggars the Abbey is sure to attract? Or do you expect those poor souls to just help themselves to the Zento sheep and, heaven forbid, the cats and dogs? I would just like to know who to complain to if they insist on leaving mangy carcasses and spent bandages all over the place. I can, of course, set out free food for them so they have no reason for molesting the livestock, but am leery of leaving it unattended with all the rats that seem to roam around the town.

I look forward to hearing your suggestions for sparing the local livestock from any unneccessary misery. Would a food drive, with the resulting collection dropped off at your doorstep for your own staff to prepare and distribute, be out of the question? I'm quite sure that given the proper explanation, the Zento cooks and bakers would be very happy to provide an overwhelming abundance of food to keep the Father's acolytes full and content (and, dare I say it, out of their way?). (I'm sure you understand that last comment. Everyone knows how snooty that group can get at times.)

- Margrette, Proprietress of The House of Lanterns Shop (your neighbor to the west)

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My dear St. Dismas,

I paid an early-morning visit to Everdark Abbey and was quite taken by the architecture. However, I do have one very pressing question:

Where is the soup kitchen to feed the lepers and beggars the Abbey is sure to attract? Or do you expect those poor souls to just help themselves to the Zento sheep and, heaven forbid, the cats and dogs? I would just like to know who to complain to if they insist on leaving mangy carcasses and spent bandages all over the place. I can, of course, set out free food for them so they have no reason for molesting the livestock, but am leery of leaving it unattended with all the rats that seem to roam around the town.

I look forward to hearing your suggestions for sparing the local livestock from any unneccessary misery. Would a food drive, with the resulting collection dropped off at your doorstep for your own staff to prepare and distribute, be out of the question? I'm quite sure that given the proper explanation, the Zento cooks and bakers would be very happy to provide an overwhelming abundance of food to keep the Father's acolytes full and content (and, dare I say it, out of their way?). (I'm sure you understand that last comment. Everyone knows how snooty that group can get at times.)

- Margrette, Proprietress of The House of Lanterns Shop (your neighbor to the west)
The Father provides in mysterious ways. The return of the ill-gotten treasures of the unwashed to those that are worthy is His mandate. Those that are hungry and seeking free meals have no safety within His temple as the Abbey was established as a monument to His glory, not as a beacon for those seeking a hand out. However, I would suggest that any meals you wish to prepare could be delivered directly to the Outsider's guildhouse located in Umbra. There is a temple set up there that could be used to...provide...for the masses.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
et Spiritus Sancti. These words spoken by the unwashed? No matter, I will not be deterred.
I knoweth too much latinspeak ! Thus beggin thy pardon evil one but yay though I walk thru the shadows of the perilous death shard, I speaketh many tongues... a LOT !:eek:

Hey now, evil one, I do hope ye washed ye temple in Zento, of all my former parrot feathers & droppings; before ye set it up there !! :lol:

RueTor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Searches through dusty chests*

*Tosses gear on the table*

*Slams the gear in place on the ole Dawn’s Music Box*

*Hits the play button and starts humming along….*

Well I don't know why I came here tonight,
I got the feeling that something ain't right,
I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair,
And I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs,
Mongbats to the left of me,
Thieves to the right, here I am,
Stuck in the middle with you….

*goes back to searching in chests…. Still humming along*

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*shudders & shakes off some mysterious hypnotic conversion-tactics*

Ye visit to me home earlier, knocking on my doors, hath deeply frightened me, sir !!

Forgive me, for feelin so terrified, and not letting ye inside:
but alas ye are to me a scary mysterious riddle, wrapped in, an 'Enigma' !

-------------------------
"knocking on, forbidden doors."

"Mea culpa"

http://youtu.be/mO-fm3YrmRY

http://youtu.be/SC_VQ_aXmd0

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yet another religious madman walks our lands. Who was the last one? Daan Mor and his Covenant of the Malediction? No matter, Gilfane has seen them all come and go and will be ready as ever.

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yet another religious madman walks our lands. Who was the last one? Daan Mor and his Covenant of the Malediction? No matter, Gilfane has seen them all come and go and will be ready as ever.
Ah, Gilfane. The great bastion of the unwashed. Soon you too shall hear The Father's voice, I shall see to it. *nods*