• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

In Memory: Robert "DANTE" Adams

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For those who have been around Napa long enough you may remember DANTE. He played Napa actively from 1998 - 2003, and was the Guild Master of Orders of Justice (OoJ) which was one of Napa's largest guilds at the time. You may also remember his wife Natasha (or Minuet). I was lucky enough to know them and call them both my friends.

If you happen to remember them (or even if you don't) please keep her and their daughter in your thoughts and prayers.

Yucaipa father Robert Adams killed in San Bernardino shooting

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I didn't know them (do not play on Napa) but this is such a terrible shock... I will keep his family in my prayers.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Memories of OoJ are vague after so many years, but not the strength of character and kindness of Dante. He taught me how to swing a halberd with timing of spells, a lesson to remind me good will triumph over evil.

Keep the faith Natasha. RIP Dante, you made Napa a better realm.

Last edited:

vasagi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is so very sad to hear this. What a great man, great player with a huge heart. Always willing to help people out.

vasagi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has been posted on Napa, but I wanted to share this with the rest of the UO community, that we have lost one of our own in the shootings in San Bernardino.

DANTE and his wife both played on Napa years ago and are very fondly remembered. DANTE was the guild leader of one of Napa's largest guilds OoJ back in the days.

San Bernardino shooting victim had been planning daughter’s first Disneyland trip

He leaves behind his wife and small toddler. There is a gocaring fund that has been set up for his wife.

Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't know him or play Napa, but it doesn't matter. Damnit. So senseless...

Hope his family will be alright.

Herp!

Journeyman
Always sad to hear anyone was lost in a senseless workplace dispute like this. Or any shooting for that matter. I will always remember that name, I never played Napa, nor did I know him... but he will be missed. I was reading about that shooting all day as it unfolded with a very heavy heart, and this only makes it worse.

Godspeed DANTE & I wish his family well.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So senseless... and I'm very sorry to hear that. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's always sad to hear about a shooting, but especially so when the people are "real" and not just strangers on the news. Rest in peace.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I think i did trades with him in the past on Napa. If it's who i think it is, he was always a nice guy and very friendly.

Sad to see a candle snuffed for a fellow player. Think if all of us donate a small amount to the support fund, his family will find some solace in it as well.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not often I am lost for words, but senseless and futile don't even begin to describe these events and as for the perpetrators I have nothing. My sympathy is with his family and all who knew him,

sir TEDLEY

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those who have been around Napa long enough you may remember DANTE. He played Napa actively from 1998 - 2003, and was the Guild Master of Orders of Justice (OoJ) which was one of Napa's largest guilds at the time. You may also remember his wife Natasha (or Minuet). I was lucky enough to know them and call them both my friends.

If you happen to remember them (or even if you don't) please keep her and their daughter in your thoughts and prayers.

Yucaipa father Robert Adams killed in San Bernardino shooting
you were my teacher and friend me and sir kindsoul will miss you RIP
lady Natasha check your icq please

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Travel Safe my Old Friend

*Waves the tavern keeper over and asks for another goblet*

*With a flourish he fills the goblet to the brim from his bottle of Good Old Moonglow Red in salute and memory to his old friend Dante*

*Settles back down to his seat at the table by the fire and reflects on good times spent with his old friends*

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I've removed the Offensive postings from view.

Hate Speech of any type, regardless of if it is Religious, Ethnic, or otherwise is not going to be tolerated on these forums, and a community member sharing news of the murder of another community member for any reason, is not an open invitation to climb atop a soap box. It is disrespectful to the deceased, their family, and other community members who may have been their friends.

Do Not Start it Up Again.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i didn't know him but feel for his family and those of the other murder victims.

i remember years ago during the saddam hussein reign (pre-trammel) i was banking at wbb when 2 players were running around setting off explosion potions and yelling 'praise allah'.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Just going to point out, this direction this topic has been continually being misdirected is not appropriate on ANY forum on Stratics.

vasagi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am very sad to see the direction this thread has taken.
I started this topic so that we, as a community, a community which includes DANTE'S wife who also played UO and who may also be following this, could come together and offer kind words, prayers, thoughts, or remembrances of DANTE.

I am asking out of respect for DANTE's widow and child, please keep your thoughts on the who/why/what/how/hatred/religion/politics/personalhatreds OUT of this thread!

Most of us have played UO for 10,15 or more years... we are now supposedly adults.. not the hormone raging teenagers we were back in the day. Let's please try to act like adults in a thread about one of our own who is no longer with us.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This thread has been heavily cleaned up. As multiple staff members have pointed out already, a memorial thread is absolutely not the appropriate place for argument or condemnation of any race, religion, creed, etc., and hate speech is not welcome anywhere on Stratics. I am disappointed that I have to actually type those words here. Further descent into this territory will not be tolerated. End of discussion.

This thread is about honoring one of our own.

My sympathies and condolences to the families and friends of DANTE and the other victims. May they find peace and closure.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It's difficult to find the right words sometimes. When I first saw the post on Napa's forum, I just wanted to cry. Still do. :( Will definitely keep his family in my prayers.

Queen Mum

Crazed Zealot
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
such sad news ... prayers of comfort and peace lifted for all ...

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I've traded with him in the past. Sorry to see him go this way. :(

sir TEDLEY

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has been posted on Napa, but I wanted to share this with the rest of the UO community, that we have lost one of our own in the shootings in San Bernardino.

DANTE and his wife both played on Napa years ago and are very fondly remembered. DANTE was the guild leader of one of Napa's largest guilds OoJ back in the days.

San Bernardino shooting victim had been planning daughter’s first Disneyland trip

He leaves behind his wife and small toddler. There is a gocaring fund that has been set up for his wife.

Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.
may you RIP dante ill miss you , me and sir kindsoul sends best wishes hugs

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Prayers for the family!

**Really mods/Admins? 4 posts...

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm stunned. Dante seems familiar, yet I can't say for certain that I knew him. My heart goes out to his family and to all the families affected by this tragedy.
Does anyone know if there is a go-fund-me or something like that for his family? I don't have much, but I'd like to help.

Rest in peace, Dante. I pray that your family finds peace, comfort, and solace.

Last edited:

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
used to pvp with OoJ back in the day. Lots of fun.

this make me sad.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
saw this over on uhall.. came over.

Used to pvp with OoJ... and this makes me sad.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought the name looked fermiliar... that was Dante.... Now I am more sad about this mess. He was a good friend from my Napa home. :sad4:

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@Zuckuss - can this be moved to the memorial board before it is lost?