• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) In Maggie's Eyes

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The nights of late have been good to me. A steady crowd at the Rest has resulted in my having a few more coins to spend, and the company provided by the guests has helped to ease the tedium of the long nights. It is after the last drink has been quaffed and the songs of the crowd have died down that I find myself remembering all too well just how alone I truly am.

It has been many years now since My Maggie passed, and though my heart still aches for her, I know well that time moves on, and that a heart that once knew the joys of love, will want to have such feelings again.

I am not that old a man, and by some accounts, I am pleasant to look at. It is clear that I am a somewhat successful business man, and have earned the respect of those around me. But for all my talents in business, and my gift of gab with those who pass through Aegis, I do not recall how to go about winning the heart of a lady.

With Maggie it was easy. We both knew from the moment our eyes met that we were made for one another. Conversations with her were natural, as though between two friends who had walked many paths together.

I remember the night I asked her to be my bride. Though I knew in my heart that she loved me, I could not stop my hands from shaking, and my palms were as moist as a schoolboys. I am certain I mumbled out the question, glancing up, allowing my eyes to meet hers. She did not speak at first, which only made my heart pound all the moor. Instead, she reached out her slender hand, and brushed the hair from my eyes. Then, smiling demurely she said;

“If your asking for my hand Aedon, the answer is yes.”

So many years ago. And yet in my minds eye, I can still see her as she waltzed down the isle of the church and into my waiting arms.

Our years together were few, too few. But each moment was spent in the knowledge that we loved one another. Nighttime was filled with passions touch, and many morns found us still wide awake, making plans for the future. We wanted at least three children. Two fine sons, and a daughter for me to dote upon. We had them all named, and with eagerness and joy we looked towards the coming birth of our first born.

Something went wrong though.

The doctor said she was just not strong enough.

I held her in my arms, and sang our favorite tune softly as she drifted off towards her rest. She loved it when I sang to her, and I tried to please her by learning many of the old tunes she recalled from her youth.

I do not recall her final words to me. My ears could not, or would not hear her last breath. I do though recall her smile, and the serenity that settled over her features. They went on together to wait for me. My Maggie and our little Kathleen. And though I know that one day I will again be with those I love, I need to feel what I once felt again. To know that another persons heart beats for me alone, and mine for them.

Love never dies. oh, the body of one we hold dear may wither and fade, but the love which was shared stays with us always. Maggie did that for me. It is her love that made me strong, her heart that gave me courage, and I will always recall to my dying day how important she made me feel. In Maggie's eyes I was more then a tavern keeper. And it is for her, and in her memory that I strive always to become more.

But, I am so lonely when the songs fade, and the people all go home.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
*Wonders what kind of girl could ever even come close to competing with that memory*

B

BBaggins

Your loss is great Lord Durreah, but your purpose is greater still. I admire men like you. How is your tavern, I understand that there has been a disturbance there not too long ago? I spoke with Dallen Bowsong and he informed me that you had witnessed a phantom of some kind. Are you well? Forgive my unsolicited inquiry, but I understand that Maggie had meant a great deal to you and still does. Would you care to meet some time to talk? My apologies and gratitude in advance.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wow, that was so amzingly powerful... this damn liquid stuff started coming out of my eyes.
:sad4: