• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Baja In Loving Memory Of Nimret (Baja)

G

This post is a little late in comming but I had no idea this forum was here until now. Nimret, who's real name was Becky, was one of the nicest players I had ever met in UO. I started playing in late 1999 and she was one of the first people to ever help me out and befriend me in game. She taught me the ins and outs of surviving in the UO world. She helped me aquire usefull items and gold and showed me what a true friend really is. She was part of the LoR guild on Baja and was a tender soul who helped all in need. She also had a daughter, Lindsay, who was 12 at the time and would play regularly and a husband, Mark who also played.

In mid 2000, Becky and I were hunting liches in the Moonglow Cemetary when she told me that she was not feeling well and wanted to lay down for a bit. We said our goodbyes and she logged off for the night. I found out a few days later that she had suffered a major stroke and tho she did fight for about a week or two, eventually she passed. She left behind a husband, 4 kids and a score of UO family and friends that will forever feel the loss of her passing. An in game funeral was held for her in the Garden in Nujelm where at least 75 players showed up. What was real touching was the fact that a large number of GM's and Counselors also attended.

Her daughter Lindsay continued to play for several months and then one day just up and vanished. She has not been heard from by any of her UO family since. I often think back to the days when I would play UO with my good friend and I am sad to have lost her. I can only hope that she is in paradise watching her daughter grow up and liking what she sees.

R.I.P Becky Linder. May you be at peace.

O

Old Man of UTB

I remember Nimret though i didnt really know her. Im very sorry , she and her family will be missed for sure . My brother recently passed also and the loss is huge. Be strong and move on best as we can.

Ancient Sosarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Baja has been my UO home for 11 years,

I mourn the passing of all Sosarians, and especially Bajanians. Having experienced such loss, my heart aches with yours.

However, please be encouraged. Grief and anguish WILL fade in time. Replaced by wonderful memories of laughter, smiles, hugs, kisses, and memories.

Look joyously upon that glorious reunion...and eternity togather :grouphug:

An Sos

Lady_Emma

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My heart goes out to you in your sorrow, Rial was my son who is departed and whom loved uo too. Hopefully Nimret and Rial are safe in heaven and waiting to be reunited with us when we are called there. My prayers are for you and your family that you will find comfort and peace.
Lady Emma

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I met and played with Lindsay before and I think I met her dad in Despise. It's a bit hazy. I have not seen or heard from either of them in years. =/