• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

In Defense Of Lady Amandine...Continue

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something else to think about: If a Time Lord gave out the rings, there may actually be only one. It's timeline might just wrap around on itself in multiple loops.
Except it was specifically said that there were 24 rings...

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Time Lords have been known to simplify their explanations so as not to confuse the unwashed masses.
I wouldn't know. Adamu would be the first one I've ever met, and he doesn't always make things very simple. :p

Anyways, I don't think Bennu would do that to us.... I hope.

OvenBird

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Time Lords have been known to simplify their explanations so as not to confuse the unwashed masses.
I thought about it, but I haven't seen much back to the future stuff happening with multiple instances of the same character present. I think Adamu went back in time as the Time Lord and gave one to his father. I did try to find more on Adamu's past. Note a spoiler but probably unnecessary.
from Erasure | Stratics Forums
...His life was marked with two parents teaching opposing views but both with a strict mind on education and the developing of his mind. His mother wished to instill into Addie a sense of humility, something she felt was lacking in their city. Addie's father, demanded his stiff upper lip and a strong sense of pride within his only son...
This means Adamu grew up with the complex Amandine has now: pride vs humility.

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not think I shall ever be able to top the Addie storyline. But that wont keep me from trying.

I will remember that one for the rest of my life.

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Addie storyline was exceptional.... But I can recall the start up of the Crux and the one where we got to kill Bennu where up there on the charts. Also the Bennu Birds was pretty ingenius. I think the interaction between role play, the quests you add (info gathering) and the scenes you set make the down time in between pretty anxious and add something unlike any other EM events anywhere. So far this arc is darn near close to Addie!. I cant recall ever learning this much game history in the years I have been playiing.

If we added bagball championships (cross sharding and playing against other shards) and the use of the fair grounds and added competitions for all the townships banner players may make other shards more populated.

The pvp area is lacking, but thats a tuff one. But there are strength in numbers so if we took the 200 that showed up for atlantic events and held our ground it could work

OvenBird

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what've read I can tell the Addie series was emotionally gripping for everyone, just the write-up of him walking away with the Time Lord got me. If ever notes are made public, I'd love to see more from anyone on the timeline. As a writer and a reader, I'm taking a lot away from these fictions. As a UO denizen, reading about the Crux is way more of a Renaissance than UO:R, a true Awakening.

I had more thoughts, which is always dangerous, about Dupre and the moongates. We know this, I'm just trying to outline the getting there. The short: Blackthorn called Honor the least of the virtues, and chose to break that gate first. The long:
Between the Journal and the Awakening Herald pieces it's apparent that the Exodus everyone beat was really Lord Blackthorn, sent in some weird cyborg form. We also know that Blackthorn has a master plan to try and save us all from Exodus. He wanted to tell Dupre, but Dupre couldn't see through his Honor to ever trust Blackthorn. Fast-forward: Ilshenar is a future version of Sosaria where people have incorporated Blackthorn's ideals and British's in one. Blackthorn knows Exodus is gaining power from the Virtue gates, and in order to test if Exodus will notice one of them being shut off he breaks Honor. In the journal Blackthorn picks Honor because it is the least virtue, or the one that means the least to the people.
As less and less people pursue Honor (in fiction... we seem to have tons of Sampires practicing), Dupre is not only questioning his own fate, but the importance of his Virtue. The breaking of the moongate broke him, but understanding why through the writing of Blackthorn really got to him. He's losing his religion, basically. What Amandine did to Reddish was Just, but Dupre would have seen it as being without Honor. His thirst for a trial could be in some ways a judgment of himself.

I keep thinking about Tiberius' post, talking about whether 'it' matter. It was so well written it could have been about us or about Tresha and her thieves. Or Minax. Or Exodus. But the whole "does it matter," I couldn't help but think Dupre is asking this question about Honor, and wondering if it matters anything to Amandine. Anyone else think this was about more than us? Have I fallen off my rocker again?

Sono

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
From what've read I can tell the Addie series was emotionally gripping for everyone, just the write-up of him walking away with the Time Lord got me. If ever notes are made public, I'd love to see more from anyone on the timeline. As a writer and a reader, I'm taking a lot away from these fictions. As a UO denizen, reading about the Crux is way more of a Renaissance than UO:R, a true Awakening.

I had more thoughts, which is always dangerous, about Dupre and the moongates. We know this, I'm just trying to outline the getting there. The short: Blackthorn called Honor the least of the virtues, and chose to break that gate first. The long:
Between the Journal and the Awakening Herald pieces it's apparent that the Exodus everyone beat was really Lord Blackthorn, sent in some weird cyborg form. We also know that Blackthorn has a master plan to try and save us all from Exodus. He wanted to tell Dupre, but Dupre couldn't see through his Honor to ever trust Blackthorn. Fast-forward: Ilshenar is a future version of Sosaria where people have incorporated Blackthorn's ideals and British's in one. Blackthorn knows Exodus is gaining power from the Virtue gates, and in order to test if Exodus will notice one of them being shut off he breaks Honor. In the journal Blackthorn picks Honor because it is the least virtue, or the one that means the least to the people.
As less and less people pursue Honor (in fiction... we seem to have tons of Sampires practicing), Dupre is not only questioning his own fate, but the importance of his Virtue. The breaking of the moongate broke him, but understanding why through the writing of Blackthorn really got to him. He's losing his religion, basically. What Amandine did to Reddish was Just, but Dupre would have seen it as being without Honor. His thirst for a trial could be in some ways a judgment of himself.

I keep thinking about Tiberius' post, talking about whether 'it' matter. It was so well written it could have been about us or about Tresha and her thieves. Or Minax. Or Exodus. But the whole "does it matter," I couldn't help but think Dupre is asking this question about Honor, and wondering if it matters anything to Amandine. Anyone else think this was about more than us? Have I fallen off my rocker again?
I've been reading as much as the history as I can find. Is there a good place to find these storylines?

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been reading as much as the history as I can find. Is there a good place to find these storylines?
If you're looking for reports on previous events, I'd say either dig through the Atlantic forum or here on the EM forum... Unfortunately the Atlantic news page doesn't really go back beyond when Kylie and I took over reporting.

For anything else... I'm not really sure offhand.

OvenBird

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also when Stratics moved forums it threw off a bunch of links from google. UOforums.com had mirrored lots of content though. The herald on uo has lots too, and if you search you can find the old town crier links online too. Bennu posted a few links to Atlantic specifics in the other thread.

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I read Tiberies post also-thats what made me remark about there are others involved besides what we have researched

OvenBird

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read Tiberies post also-thats what made me remark about there are others involved besides what we have researched
Ah thats what you were getting at. I guess we have no way of knowing beyond speculation. Im guessing this will be revealed during the Tiberius event.

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Well Tiberies title of event does have Echos in it

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to let people know, I'm gonna be restricted to Stratics from Tues-Fri... So if anything happens in-game, please let me know! :)

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Holy Cow Faeryl-that puppy looks well fed!

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
If I were part of the defense I would place a replica of the sword of Caliburn on the evidence table and tell the jury if anyone would care to hold this sword for an hour... a day... or a week
But explain along with the power of the sword comes the burden of all the troubles found in Sosaria. Keeping the peace, feeding the masses, training the knights, upholding the virtues.
Of course the history of the sword would need to be told along with the knowledge that martial law was enacted due to the death of Queen Dawn

We could then add the events that took place leading up to the present