• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] In case it never crossed your mind... Reforging Juka Bows

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes, it works.

First step - Get the "normal" bows off Juka
Second step - reforge the bow
Third step (optional) - finish off the bow with imbuing
Fourth step - use gears on bow (i.e. click bow, then target gears)
Fifth step (optional) - Enhance with chosen wood (preferably with the special tool)

This should prove to be interesting, even if the result is just a "normal" bow.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This should prove to be interesting, even if the result is just a "normal" bow.
I'm not sure I understand this, I thought you always got a slayer type after using gears?

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, the Juka bows are still around? I love'em ... have to go hunting for them later.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
silent: Normal = non-exceptional bow with 450 imbuing cap (before adding gears to add the slayer property).

Corwin: gears are just that - gears. buyable from tinker npcs or craftable by a tinker; the non-special version of the item whose magical version are gears for the music box (in fact, can be found as loot on things that carry the original, non-SA, music gears, to tease you). Look sorta like that thing in the "stratics" banner above.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehehe. Finding it out was on my to-do-list. Nice to hear that it is working.

Oh, the Juka bows are still around? I love'em ... have to go hunting for them later.
Yes. Every juka lord has one 'juka bow' in his loot. Only that they have no special label nowadays. They look like normal plain bows until you try to equip one. After its modifikation with gears by a gm bowyer, they get a random slayer, a little boost to their durability and change their colour into that of a juka bow. They have an imbuing weight capacity of 450 + the random slayer after the modifikation. (Last time, I ve heard of, you could imbue one slayer onto it and get a second one by modificating. Not shure if that got changed ... never had the time/resources/need to test that out.)

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
silent: Normal = non-exceptional bow with 450 imbuing cap (before adding gears to add the slayer property).
True but in the end you'll have a 550 weight bow, maybe more if you roll a super slayer.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't remember ever losing a bow back when I modded a bunch but I haven't done it in quite a few years so i don't know if anything changed.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
no, you can't lose the bow by applying the gear....

And, yes, you can get double slayers that way.

What should I add to the Stam Regen 6, 120 luck Bow - SSI, or something else?

Jonathen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Worth noting that when you use the bow with gears, it automatically boosts the max durability to 255 - so I wasted quite a few PoF by increasing the durability prior to imbuing

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm guessing they quickly squashed this game changing super important bug, durability does not max out at 255 when modified by gears. I just did one and it's at 108 after modding.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've never known my Juka bows to go to 255 when Modding - but then I've only modded post-AOS bows.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If my memory is correct, applying the gears used to double the durability, if the durability was 35 it turned to 70 after applying the gears. So try to POF it to 125 and that should get you to the 255. I might try this if I get time.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's possible I didn't look before just after and saw it wasn't 255