• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Improved crafting

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Which is the name of the function that does it, and in which file is it?
I will put a return on it to see if the game performance goes back to close to what it was until yesterday.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which is the name of the function that does it, and in which file is it?
I will put a return on it to see if the game performance goes back to close to what it was until yesterday.
equipmentdata.lua try and will see if is just that :p

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, I removed the whole resizing code from function EquipmentData.UpdateItemIcon(elementIcon, item) and I saw performance improvement.
The client is still hanging for a very short time every 3 seconds, but performance is now much better.

This hanging might not be related to UI.

Function looks like this now:

function EquipmentData.UpdateItemIcon(elementIcon, item)
if( elementIcon ~= nil and item ~= nil and item.newWidth ~= nil and item.newHeight ~= nil ) then
WindowSetDimensions(elementIcon, item.newWidth, item.newHeight)
DynamicImageSetTextureDimensions(elementIcon, item.newWidth, item.newHeight)
DynamicImageSetTexture(elementIcon, item.iconName, 0, 0 )
DynamicImageSetCustomShader(elementIcon, "UOSpriteUIShader", {item.hueId, item.objectType})
DynamicImageSetTextureScale(elementIcon, item.iconScale)
WindowSetTintColor(elementIcon,item.hue.r,item.hue.g,item.hue.b)
WindowSetAlpha(elementIcon,item.hue.a/255)
end
end

With proper indentation, of course. :p

Edit: Did some testing. No hanging with the default UI, but it always happen with your UI.
Is there any agent running on a timer? If so, some calculation there might be causing it, since the hangings are always precise. They always happen after the same timespan.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I removed the whole resizing code from function EquipmentData.UpdateItemIcon(elementIcon, item) and I saw performance improvement.
The client is still hanging for a very short time every 3 seconds, but performance is now much better.

This hanging might not be related to UI.

Function looks like this now:

function EquipmentData.UpdateItemIcon(elementIcon, item)
if( elementIcon ~= nil and item ~= nil and item.newWidth ~= nil and item.newHeight ~= nil ) then
WindowSetDimensions(elementIcon, item.newWidth, item.newHeight)
DynamicImageSetTextureDimensions(elementIcon, item.newWidth, item.newHeight)
DynamicImageSetTexture(elementIcon, item.iconName, 0, 0 )
DynamicImageSetCustomShader(elementIcon, "UOSpriteUIShader", {item.hueId, item.objectType})
DynamicImageSetTextureScale(elementIcon, item.iconScale)
WindowSetTintColor(elementIcon,item.hue.r,item.hue.g,item.hue.b)
WindowSetAlpha(elementIcon,item.hue.a/255)
end
end

With proper indentation, of course. :p

Edit: Did some testing. No hanging with the default UI, but it always happen with your UI.
Is there any agent running on a timer? If so, some calculation there might be causing it, since the hangings are always precise. They always happen after the same timespan.
run fraps and check the fps if they drop is the client lagging, otherwise is a connectivity problem....

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
run fraps and check the fps if they drop is the client lagging, otherwise is a connectivity problem....
running fraps with your UI I am getting 6 fps with default i am getting 20 so for sure a problem there

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
running fraps with your UI I am getting 6 fps with default i am getting 20 so for sure a problem there
try now, I have no fps loss at all now (except while running that is normal to lose some, depends on how many items is loading...)

Last edited:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
try now, I have no fps loss at all now (except while running that is normal to lose some, depends on how many items is loading...)
ok patched again standing still in my house default UI 18 fps loaded pinco UI standing same spot doing nothing 8 fps

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok patched again standing still in my house default UI 18 fps loaded pinco UI standing same spot doing nothing 8 fps
try with a clean profile, I've just tried at legends and I can run around Luna like a mad almost without bit lag...

also check the debug window, perhaps is throwing errors and stucking the UI...

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Lots of warnings at the debug window
All of them are: Text is cut off in label Mobilehealthbar_28631352Name
They flood the debug window when I try to move.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Tried with clean character profile still same thing

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Source of the lag is at function ItemProperties.UpdateItemPropertiesData()

I made it return at call and it runs smoothly. I am trying to figure which call inside the function is causing it.

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How can I turn this off? (The improved crafting)

Also upon loading it had completely screwed all my UI layout for each character. Seems like it reset positions of windows back to default?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
More tests points the culprit as WindowData.ItemProperties

I've broken the function ItemProperties.UpdateItemPropertiesData in two just for my tests and added a test to make sure the cursor is hovering over an object.
The following code lags horribly. It calls WindowData.ItemProperties, and returns before calling ItemProperties.UpdateItemPropertiesData1() if the mouse isn't over an item:

Code:
function ItemProperties.UpdateItemPropertiesData()
if (WindowData.ItemProperties.CurrentHover == 0) then
return
end
if (WindowData.ItemProperties.CurrentType == 0) then
return
end
if (ItemProperties.Delta < 1 and EnhancePack.ItmPrpShowing and WindowGetShowing("ItemProperties")) then
return
end
ItemProperties.UpdateItemPropertiesData1()
end
Lags terribly

If I add a return right before the first call to WindowData.ItemProperties:
Code:
return
return
end
return
end
if (ItemProperties.Delta < 1 and EnhancePack.ItmPrpShowing and WindowGetShowing("ItemProperties")) then
return
end
end
Runs perfectly smoothly.

It seems that someone broke WindowData.ItemProperties at the latest EC patch...
Simply calling it at Lua is causing major slowdowns. We need the devs to look at it, because the UI isn't at fault here.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How can I turn this off? (The improved crafting)

Also upon loading it had completely screwed all my UI layout for each character. Seems like it reset positions of windows back to default?
the game window had to be reset so it can be saved correctly.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More tests points the culprit as WindowData.ItemProperties

I've broken the function ItemProperties.UpdateItemPropertiesData in two just for my tests and added a test to make sure the cursor is hovering over an object.
The following code lags horribly. It calls WindowData.ItemProperties, and returns before calling ItemProperties.UpdateItemPropertiesData1() if the mouse isn't over an item:

Code:
return
end
return
end
return
end
end
Lags terribly

If I add a return right before the first call to WindowData.ItemProperties:
Code:
return
return
end
return
end
return
end
end
Runs perfectly smoothly.

It seems that someone broke WindowData.ItemProperties at the latest EC patch...
Simply calling it at Lua is causing major slowdowns. We need the devs to look at it, because the UI isn't at fault here.

it has nothing to do with that, that functions has been always called like that... but perhaps I found something...

Spiritless

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glad I'm not the only one who is experiencing this. Game is virtually unplayable right now with Pincos. At first I thought it was server lag, but then out of curiosity I disabled Pinco's UI and went back to default and it was perfectly fine.

Please just give us the option to turn this new stuff off if it is going to cause performance problems. It was fine before the patch.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
it has nothing to do with that, that functions has been always called like that... but perhaps I found something...
Pinco, the problem isn't with your calls. The problem is that they broke WindowData.ItemProperties.
In older CPUs, simply calling WindowData.ItemProperties is causing the performance drop.

In fact, I just replaced the function with the following, and I am experience performance drop:
local a = WindowData.ItemProperties.CurrentHover
end

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, the problem isn't with your calls. The problem is that they broke WindowData.ItemProperties.
In older CPUs, simply calling WindowData.ItemProperties is causing the performance drop.

In fact, I just replaced the function with the following, and I am experience performance drop:
local a = WindowData.ItemProperties.CurrentHover
end
try now, I made some changes...

Yep, runs fine for me when removing that function too. Meh.
yes, perhaps, but you have just crippled the UI ...

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yup, it is playable now.
There are still very minor hiccups at the same point where there were major ones, but nothing that makes it impossible to play.

Spiritless

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yes, perhaps, but you have just crippled the UI ...
Well, yes... :p

Unfortunately I have the same issue after the latest patch. Seems you've just removed the item resizing but this wasn't really the source of the problem for me. May be a minor improvement but the difference between default and your UI is noticeable still.

Don't really know how you can fix this if the ItemProperties call itself is causing it. May need a dev to comment if they've changed anything. My CPU is an i5 so if you classify that and anything below as "older" then that's quite a big scope.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Try patching again. He released a new one that solved most of the performance issue for me.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Ok just loaded the updated UI and working much better now
I am only losing 3-4 fps instead of 10-14 fps

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok just loaded the updated UI and working much better now
I am only losing 3-4 fps instead of 10-14 fps
yes, now there still to check if all the materials are ok, but the big scary lag is gone :D

In the meantime I'm working on the new feature: a button that list all the missing recipes...

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
In the meantime I'm working on the new feature: a button that list all the missing recipes...
so it would show you what recipes you DO NOT have? if so this would be great I know I am missing a couple but I am to lazy to go through them one by one and check

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so it would show you what recipes you DO NOT have? if so this would be great I know I am missing a couple but I am to lazy to go through them one by one and check
yes, that.
But the checking takes some time so I have to add some kind of waiting window....

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...and the last button has been added, now I consider the tool complete :p

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know you want people want to learn new system.
I hope you make tunr off/on the new craft system.

Do you know many Japanese Pinco's UI user sad for new system?

I try use new system....and I have many complains than old system.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know you want people want to learn new system.
I hope you make tunr off/on the new craft system.

Do you know many Japanese Pinco's UI user sad for new system?
Some people wrote sad and wrote cauton for new system( he wrote dont add patch).
Some people choice back 2D.

I try use new system....and I have many complains than old system.
it's something new, it needs some refinements, I didn't expect to be perfect in the first place... I just don't understand the people who run away from something just because looks different.
In the end is MUCH more powerful and easy to use than the old system, and since japanese community seems the only one one having problem with that, I'm hear to listen to their complians.

Just keep telling me what's wrong with the tool and what do you expect so I can improve it, and soon everyone will forget about the old gumps :D

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have improved performance since the last patch, but still some glitches. A clue as to what is wrong may be the following: When placing the cursor over the fishing quest crate in the hold of a ship, the journal used to be updated once with the status of the order (updated number of each type of fish, delivery location and etc.). However now, when you hover the cursor over the crate, all the info is updated once every second for as long as the cursor is over the crate. This fills up the journal quite quickly. I am only pointing this out as it may be a clue for you all as to what has changed. For sure this is a change from the previous action and must be creating some overhead.

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Can't wait to test this :D. However without having seen it I'd also recommend implementing a turn on/off option for the sake of completeness.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't wait to test this :D. However without having seen it I'd also recommend implementing a turn on/off option for the sake of completeness.
I will wait to do that...
It's a pretty complex thing and I'm 1 man team so I cannot test every possible combination, and if I add the option to turn it off everyone will do that and it will be forgotten forever :p
When I see that people is giving valid reasons to turn it off I will think about it :D

Right now if you don't like something, just say it :)

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Ah yes that makes perfect sense.

The first input I have: If you use the search function to search for "ring" in tinker menu its a bit hard to find it with the search (no problem). but if you use the red cross to cancel search the selection list box will get empty instead of the startup selection for navigation?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah yes that makes perfect sense.

The first input I have: If you use the search function to search for "ring" in tinker menu its a bit hard to find it with the search (no problem). but if you use the red cross to cancel search the selection list box will get empty instead of the startup selection for navigation?
are you sure that you are using the latest version? :p

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Hehe, it is working fine now.

Next thing: if you enhance an item and fail catastrophically you got no msg at all. Not in log and not in little "Warning" area.

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Hm and another weird thing. After a bit of making/reforging I click on "Settings -> Set Materials Container": I choose a salvage bag and then the dialog pops up: "The targeted item is not exceptional. Do you really want to reforge it?"

If I click yes all is good (materials container is now selected)

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Another thing: If you run out of tools (I think, maybe if run out of materials) suddenly the crafting assistant switches from blacksmithing to Alchemy (first entry in the list)

Edit: I think it is when you run out of materials. You get both msgs (lack materials, no more tools) and a sigh. And it changes to Alchemy

Last edited:

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Next: Clicking Invisibility Potion "Make Number" just says: "I'm creating the item, please wait"

Edit: Hm could be due to having only one empty bottle. Not sure

Last edited:

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
One more thing: While you have "make max" running you cannot chat: The search bar in crafting assistant gets focused each time an item is made.

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Oh and another thing: I think there is no indicator how many items you have made so far when you click make max.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and another thing: I think there is no indicator how many items you have made so far when you click make max.
no, but the number you are able to make goes down as your stack of materials decreases.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another thing: If you run out of tools (I think, maybe if run out of materials) suddenly the crafting assistant switches from blacksmithing to Alchemy (first entry in the list)

Edit: I think it is when you run out of materials. You get both msgs (lack materials, no more tools) and a sigh. And it changes to Alchemy
if you have "Show SKills With Tool Available" active it surely does that :D

Hehe, it is working fine now.

Next thing: if you enhance an item and fail catastrophically you got no msg at all. Not in log and not in little "Warning" area.
you know what's the funny thing? when you have to enhance something you always fail, but when you WANT to fail it always succeeds... I've never succeeds 10 times in a row while enhancing an order shield with gold :|

Last edited: