• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

imho, the best power scrolls thief

PageBoy

Journeyman
100 hiding
120 stealth
120 resspell
100 snooping
120 stealing
90 ninjitsu
90 healing
80 magery

burglars bandana + shadow dancer leggings + 20 stealth cloak + 10 stealth robe

Discuss

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why healing without anat? You are defenseless against a dexxer without a weapon skill or wrestling. I suppose most are mages on prodo shards though. I get it's a specifically built template but nothing I would use. My main prodo template looks more like this:

100 hiding
120 stealth
120 fencing
100 snooping
120 stealing
120 ninjitsu
90+ poisoning

PageBoy

Journeyman
I usually steal the PS and run away in white tiger from for the + dci bonus, then hiding asap.
Usually pvm are a little "slow minded" so an heal pot with 50 EP or a bandage it's ok to exit alive from the spawn :)

Tried with fencing and poison but tbh I son't like using weapons on a thief… simply run away is much better based on my experience :p

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why 80 magery? You need 93 for 100% chance invisibility.

I personally go for chivalry for heals/cures/travelling. Also unlike recall, sacred journey allows you to arrive hidden. Once you're done macroing the thief skills, keeping up karma for chiv spells is easy.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
White tiger form's increased dci doesn't do anything unless you have a wpn skill to activate it. This is UO 101. If you are able to stay alive with no wpn skill, the pvm chars on your shard really smell farts.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
White tiger form's increased dci doesn't do anything unless you have a wpn skill to activate it.
This is very true. It's a bit of a pain to hit my equip macro after a steal but well worth it. Plus, I just like to have a bit of offensive capability, even if it is only to administer poison. On Siege, I prefer wrestling to fencing for disarm steals. Poisoning is just too much fun, I'd hate to not have it. Sometimes I stone away poisoning for tactics and I always miss it.

As much as I love seeing new thief templates, I believe this one could use some work.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im a little late seeing this thread but heres my production shard snatch and grab template. Loads of fun and accounts for a just about any situation. Just keep in mind the objective with this build is not to kill, its to successfuly rob other players and get away with it.
120 steal
120 stealth
120 wrestle
120 ninja
100 detect
100 hiding
100 snooping
60 necro
loaded suit with lots of hpi hpr and stats and dci and pot enchance

AirFluff

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Im a little late seeing this thread but heres my production shard snatch and grab template. Loads of fun and accounts for a just about any situation. Just keep in mind the objective with this build is not to kill, its to successfuly rob other players and get away with it.
120 steal
120 stealth
120 wrestle
120 ninja
100 detect
100 hiding
100 snooping
60 necro
loaded suit with lots of hpi hpr and stats and dci and pot enchance
Hiya

I was wondering why 120 Ninja instead of 90 and why the necro?

Thanks

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hiya

I was wondering why 120 Ninja instead of 90 and why the necro?

Thanks

You could do 90 ninjitsu, but the scrolls are cheap and there's plenty of +skill items for thieves. I run 110 on Siege but a lot of people do 120. I certainly wouldn't go less than 90. 120 also allows for max death strike damage and shurikens success chance.

The necro is for using wraith form so people walk through you. Very important.

AirFluff

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
You could do 90 ninjitsu, but the scrolls are cheap and there's plenty of +skill items for thieves. I run 110 on Siege but a lot of people do 120. I certainly wouldn't go less than 90. 120 also allows for max death strike damage and shurikens success chance.

The necro is for using wraith form so people walk through you. Very important.
Noob thief here looking to learn. Sorry for those dumb questions hehe

You can use DS with Wrestling or you use a weapon?

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Weapon doesn't affect Death Strike damage. Feel free to use it with wrestling.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Noob thief here looking to learn. Sorry for those dumb questions hehe
Feel free to ask any dumb questions about thieving. The tactics used are probably one of the best kept secrets in the game due to the fact that very few people have actually played a PvP thief simply because it's not really an incredibly profitable profession. A lot of the people who have played it simply don't have the patience required to be successful, because it is all about patience. I could play for a whole day and only come up with a few good opportunities to make an impact. But, in my experience, there is nothing quite like it when the opportunity does present itself, and to me, that is worth the time invested and the only reason I still play.

That being said, there are tactics used that are very well-kept secrets only known by the best in the business that are never spoken about in public forum and 99.9% of players will never know about.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the rules in todays UO it is best not divulge too much information. Thieves have been nerfed so much over the years by things such as item insurance and Trammel etc. With that being said there is a wide variety of abilities available. A thief has more abilites than ever before but the lack of marks can be discouraging. A lot of the techniques used have been forgotten over time but, the best thieves still use these abilities and techniques and make their own luck. Problem for someone starting out as a thief is that with a lack of knowledge and experience it could seem kind of pointless. To me a thief is the most unique class in UO due to the fact that there is the potential to get any loot available in the game, just not from the original source. Despite everything going against a thief it can get real profitable real fast in the right situations. A thief is only as good as the creativity, knowledge and experience of the player playing it. It is not instant gratification tho

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The biggest reason for 120 Ninja is that the Ninja mastery is extremely useful. The shadow spell is a must in my opinion. Another big reason is you dont want to fail getting into animal form. Less than 120 is fine for ostard form but the are higher casting level forms that add addition benefits other than just movement speed.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
With the rules in todays UO it is best not divulge too much information. Thieves have been nerfed so much over the years by things such as item insurance and Trammel etc. With that being said there is a wide variety of abilities available. A thief has more abilites than ever before but the lack of marks can be discouraging. A lot of the techniques used have been forgotten over time but, the best thieves still use these abilities and techniques and make their own luck. Problem for someone starting out as a thief is that with a lack of knowledge and experience it could seem kind of pointless. To me a thief is the most unique class in UO due to the fact that there is the potential to get any loot available in the game, just not from the original source. Despite everything going against a thief it can get real profitable real fast in the right situations. A thief is only as good as the creativity, knowledge and experience of the player playing it. It is not instant gratification tho
Well said. I have worked with many aspiring thieves and many of them contact me saying that they can't do anything at first. I have so many DMs from people that I have helped figure it out over the years but most of them just don't have the patience to stick with it. I'll admit that I'm not the best, but I have the biggest mouth, so I'm always available to answer questions to try to bridge the gap between complete lack of knowledge and enough to be successful. I have considered writing a guide and posting it here, but then people would just read it instead of contacting me, which is fine, but I do enjoy following the progress of aspiring thieves and recruiting for THIEF [ ^_^ ] as well. Also, a comprehensive guide can be found at uothief.com by clicking on my signature so I really don't think it is necessary to try to replicate Chad's work.

jride

Adventurer
Why 80 magery? You need 93 for 100% chance invisibility.

I personally go for chivalry for heals/cures/travelling. Also unlike recall, sacred journey allows you to arrive hidden. Once you're done macroing the thief skills, keeping up karma for chiv spells is easy.
How does this work exactly or did it change? How do you stay hidden or arrive hidden? When I cast sacred journey it unhides me and will not allow use of skill while casting, says busy.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Cast sarcred journey, target your rune or runebook, and quickly hide. You have about half a second until you actually relocate to your destination.