• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Imbuing Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Satejrat

There is a lot of confusion going around.

The cheapest or easiest way to learn (Raise Skills) is by having a GM or higher Tailor or Blacksmith with GM Armslore

Maybe this will help a bit

Skills needed to Unravel/Imbue:

0 to 25 Unravel (You never fail)

25 to 120 Imbue (This is the only way to raise skills)

In the beginning if you start with 0 skills go to the NPC in Tel Mar and pay 400 gold and let them teach you to 40. Trust me its well worth it.

If you start with a new char at 50 you have saved a few Residue and Gems that is needed to Imbue

Your going to need lots of Residue and Lots of Gems.

Residue, Enchanted Essences and Relic Fragments:

When you unravel items here is what you can get from the property value from the items your unraveling

0 to 50 Residue

50.1 to 100 Enchanted Essences

100 to 120 Relic Fragments

The higher the value the better the resources.

At the lower skill level of Imbue you can buy daggers and Imbue on them "Luck"

Luck intensity is from 1 to 100

The higher you imbue the more resources you will need

Here is the most important thing I can tell you.

The menu box where your asked to adjust the level you want to imbue the item with, look in the lower right cornor for the Chance % success.

Keep the success chance between 58 and 66.

That is how I gained the most.

Skill Bonus Points:

Being a Gargoyle gets you +2

Using the Forge in Tel Mar gets you +1

Using the Queens Forge gets you +3

Dont run to the Queens Forge to get or use the extra skill points.
If you worked Mage skills you will know that at lower skills you used less Mana and got quicker Gains.

(Remember the success chance 58 to 66%)

The object is to keep the Residue and Gem used to a Min and get the Max gains.

I went from 50 to around 72 Imbueing GM Crafted Iron Daggers and only used 1 Residue and 1 Gem each time I failed or was successfull in my attempts

From 72 to 90 you will need to imbue another property FIRST that uses a little more Residue and Gems (Hit Fire Area is a good one) up to around 44% intensity and then imbue the item with the 1 Residue and 1 Gem property

Notes*
Useing a GM Crafter Dagger will put a 40% Damage Increase on it ahead of time if you have GM Armslore
Imbueing from 50 to 90 I used about 5000 Residue and forgot to keep track of the Gems

GM to Legendary, on Smith with GM Armslore:

Use a Dull Copper Runic on Iron Ingots (3 Ingots Used) to create daggers and then go unravel them will get you Residue

GM to Legendary, on Tailor:

Use a Spined Runic Sewing Kit on Regular Leather to make Leather Caps (2 Leather Used) and then go unravel them will get you Residue

I started with a Gargoyle char with 50 Imbue and 50 Mystism Skill.

I Soul Stoned the Mystism Skill (Will use it later)

I added 100 Mage from a Soul Stone to the Gargoyle Character (Transportation Reasons)

Go to the Jeweler and buy a Gargoyle Ring and Gargoyle Bracelet

Buy 4 pieces of cloth clothing that you can wear on your Character

Imbue all 6 items with 18% Lower Reagent Cost

You now have a cheap and easy 108% LRC Suit

More to come as I gather more information

Sorry I jumped around a bit but writeing this is not as easy as Imbueing :)

C

Capt.E

Re: Guide to Imbueing (Useing The least amount of Resources)

My carpenter feels left out so I thought I'd share.

Skills on temp are imbue carpentry magery. No arms lore.

Made bokuto with oak wood 1 bokuto yields 2-3 residue
Put saw and wood into imbue bag(you can keep loading with wood and unravel all-including arti's while making max for constant production) when the saw(regular tinker made one)runs out of uses I empty all the nonexceptional ones(around 3-5 per 30 with a +26 except bonus carp tali equipped) I had around 32k of oak wood I'm at 96 skill and I still have 6k oak left. I'm imbuing plate hiro sode now and getting essence back. At 4gp per oak seems by far the cheapest resource. Also I think I have the lowest total skill points on temp for better gains.

I can't see how it could be any cheaper honestly, but I am open to opinions.

Lord Crowen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

My carpenter feels left out so I thought I'd share.
:thumbsup: Good Idea Capt.! Have tons useless oak lying around and tried that: 1596 oak = 446 magical resdue. I used a 22%exe tali. With a better tali you can do a bit better, but for me it's by far the cheapest method.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

i made regular gm bows out of oak for residue..
oak wood is fairly common, my gm lumberjack sometimes gets more oak then regular wood.

also FYI i seem to be getting more gains when the skill tutor is saying easy instead of optimal.

B

Beastmaster

Copied from another thread)
Tips:

1.When crafting stuff to imbue/unravel place the raw materials in your unravel bag. When you craft the item it will automatically appear in that bag.
2.Have all your hunters carry unravel bags to drop their loot in.
3.(optional one) Imbue an item once and then unravel to reclaim the magical ingredient used. At some point you will even get back more than what went in.
4.(other option) Imbue an item up to 10 times for faster gains at the expense of losing 9 chances to get magical ingredients back.
5. At higher levels imbue items twice. The first imbued property should be done at an intensity giving you 70% or greater chance of succeeding and uses the most expensive of the ingredients you plan to use. The second property should use the less valued ingredients and be in the 50-60% range. If you use the tip #4 approach then the second property will be applied 9 times.
6. Crafting items of exceptional quality which also have additional special properties will give you stuff to unravel.
7. Crafting with runics gives you stuff to unravel.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

If you can find properties to imbue that only use 1-4 gems, that helps a lot.

For example, hit dispel (on weapons) uses 1 amber at 2%-8%, 2 at 10-14%, 3 at 16-18%, etc. (continuing the +1 at percentages ending in 0 and 6 all the way to 8 at 44%, before the rare ingredients come into play).

A second recommendation is to become very familiar with the wandering Gypsies of Ilshenar.

This page has 8 of the spots; 3 more were added in the Compassion areas (one near the pass of Karnaugh, 1 by the Daemons north of Petrus the beekeeper, and 1 between the bridge & the pass to the permanent Alexandrella's Bowl gypsy camp) at or after the release of 3rd Dawn, and that part of the atlas is still being updated (it's a lot lower priority than getting the new stuff, and things like skills and equipment updated).

When the RANDOM gypsy camps despawn, and reappear, their prices reset to base. So, unless someone goes nuts and buys 25k of one gem, the gem prices from the random gypsy camp Vagabonds will always be reasonable.

R

Radix

yeah, i've been using citrines to imbue luck, most times 1 citrine/1 residue, but even so resources "fly" ^^
very useful the info about gipsy camps, thanks!

[next: a jewelers price table xD ]

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

115.3 imbuing and counting, thought i would add to this thread.

Baiscly i agree with first post, thats the way to do it, especially at later skilllevel.

at early levels it likely more economical in materials to imbue once and unravel, but when you like at my skill level need to add 3 high properties just to get the fourth with minimum value to get to the magical roughly 60% chance, and the 2 first being above 100% success rate and requiring quite a few mats, than i would say that its not ecomical to recycle after 1 attempt.

Greets
Gilly

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Folks, after considering a merger (then undoing it), I think the best Idea for this thread will be for me to retype it, and correct some of the errors. Thread getting locked now.

Status
Not open for further replies.